07-04-13 09:39 AM
35 12

The vast majority of you purchased Playbook with no expection of a new OS for free

Did they? We've seen a lot of threads that say the contrary.

They spent time and money to try and put BB10 on the Playbook, it didn't work to their satisfaction. I'm pissed they wasted so much time, I, and MILLIONS of others, want updates to our BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE Z10s and Q10s.
    Millions of others? What about the 2.5 million playbook owners? That is millions of playbook owners wanting a BB10 update.

I don't get free Windows updates on my laptop. Even if I get something, "they" eventually make the product unable to support the updates (not enough memory, processor too slow, etc)
    Yes you do. For instance, Windows 8 users are getting Windows 8.1 for free which is a major improvement. Windows XP has been supported for well over 10 years.

[*]Products have to become obsolete. Surprisingly, they need to sell new products in order to make money
    No, the Playbook has not become obsolete in terms of hardware. It is still a capable device which is why people are frustrated.

Playbook still seems to work? If yes, shut up, if no, throw it out onto the highway
    It works but it could have been better. It still can. The browser and the android runtime should be updated. Bridge functionality should be restored to what it was. If every technological device worked on the principle that "if it works then just leave it how it is" we would see slower advances in technology and every consumer would have to buy a new device all the time whether it is televisions, computers etc. People expect devices to at least be future proof to an extent, depending on that device. A phone should be future proof for a year, maybe two if you are lucky. A tablet which has a dual core OS, 1GB RAM is still pretty relevant today.
    07-04-13 07:03 AM
    I'm not likely responding to any of the comments I will receive, I don't have time. Since I started boycotting these forums, I've found I don't have quite as much spare time.
    That doesn't make sense to me. If you are now boycotting various forums, wouldn't that give you MORE spare time?
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    07-04-13 07:58 AM
    That doesn't make sense to me. If you are now boycotting various forums, wouldn't that give you MORE spare time?
    Don't confuse him with logic.
    07-04-13 08:28 AM
    Not to mention, if you're boycotting the forum, wouldn't you *not* be posting?

Posted via CB10
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    07-04-13 08:30 AM
    A vent and flee post. How unoriginal.

Funny thing is I agree with most of what the OP said but take issue with the provocative "hit and scram" style of posting. I guess some people don't want to waste time arguing with misguided fools and imbeciles or it could be just plain contempt.

Its become such a drain seeing so many narcissistic whingers in these forums complaining about issues that really have no basis in fact or common sense. BlackBerry is a publicly traded corporation that exists to make a net profit and a return on investment for its shareholders. Any promises a public company makes should not be construed as legally binding contracts nor should they be considered as gospel. It seems many in these forums can't seem to understand these simple points. Instead, we have these whiners screaming like little children because they "want it now" whilst ignoring the realities of real world business and project management.

Of course people are entitled to complain about sub-par products and the general incompetence of companies but I don't think it makes sense to argue about promises from a misguided perspective.
    Hup55 likes this.
    07-04-13 08:41 AM
    This is exactly how I feel. I bought the PlayBook a month after it launched, the 32GB on for $599. That was in 2011. I've literally had TWO SOLID YEARS WITH IT. It did everything I bought it for. It still does. Yes BB10's Bridge is severely lacking in features compared to OS7's Bridge (please give us them back!), but it's still a nice little tablet. In fact, it wasn't working right like three weeks ago, and BlackBerry replaced it with a BRAND NEW ONE. I have a brand new PlayBook that still has the best speakers I've ever heard on a mobile device.

I'm sure BlackBerry would love NOTHING MORE than to give us BB10. Why else would they have wasted time, money, and manpower working on it during the most crucial time in their company's existence? People act like Thorsten Heins doesn't care if we don't get BB10 on our PlayBooks. What if we got it and it was just horrible? The stories about how horrible BB10 is on the PlayBook would run rampant, and taint BB10 as a whole, just as it's coming out of the gate. That would be beyond stupid to risk that kind of negative publicity about their brand new platform, all to appease a few hundred thousand owners of a tablet that's been on sale for two years.

Sometimes in life, things don't work out. BlackBerry apparently got ahead of itself and said we would get BB10, but it's not happening. That's life! They didn't print that sh1t on the PlayBook box. There's no way BlackBerry execs/employees feel GOOD about telling us something only to have it not work out. They need all the goodwill they can get right now from customers, and this certainly hurt that.

One more thing: I love how so many BlackBerry fans are going crazy, calling BlackBerry a liar. I didn't hear a PEEP from Apple fanatics when Apple was BEING INVESTIGATED by the Department of Justice and then PUT ON TRIAL by the United States Government for price-fixing eBooks. Like hello....Apple, the company that has weaseled its iPads into classrooms around the country, touting them as invaluable education tools that will replace textbooks..literally on trial for allegedly trying to gouge prices with book publishers (this includes text book publishers too).

PlayBook users really need to get over it now. There's nothing they can do about not getting BB10 except, oh yeah, enjoy the tablet that works as advertised.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I still use my playbook everyday nothing has changed since I purchased it. I love the size, I still get comments from customers after I have finished presentations asking about it. I love the combination of my bluetooth keyboard and mouse! I bought my iPad 2 the same year as my Playbook and I use my PlayBook way more, I find it more business savy than my ipad.
    Desktoper likes this.
    07-04-13 08:41 AM
    It was a bummer that it didn't work, but it seems to me that they tried and failed. If that is the case, then what can anyone complain about? If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. Get over it.

I never use my playbook anymore but my girls do and it still works for them.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:47 AM
    How about you folks that want PlayBook owners to shut up follow your own advice? On the other hand, you could just join a discussion and present your views respectfully. If you think BlackBerry's behavior and business practices are acceptable then just say so. Why demand those you disagree with be silent? How will that improve a "discussion" forum?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:51 AM
    There is not a single new feature of BB10 that I would have wanted on the playbook. The only thing I wanted was to be able to use some of the new apps such as MLB at Bat.

In fact, I think putting the BB10 interface, as it is on the z10 on a larger screen would be a downgrade. The playbook was really the only tablet OS evet that was not just a rehash of a phone OS.

Posted via CB10
    Desktoper and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-04-13 09:33 AM
    When a rant is posted with a statement there is no intent to make it a discussion, and makes a clear statement insulting fellow members, its demise is imminent. The gratuitous insults when posting a thread are unnecessary, and violate posting guidelines. Therefore, this thread is now closed.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. [B]This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-05-13 at 09:47 AM.
    07-04-13 09:39 AM
35 12