NOT all owners, just the ones I see on every post of every site (Facebook, tech sites, etc) complaining about not getting BB10 on the Playbook. :...(

1. The vast majority of you purchased Playbook with no expection of a new OS for free
    2. They spent time and money to try and put BB10 on the Playbook, it didn't work to their satisfaction. I'm pissed they wasted so much time, I, and MILLIONS of others, want updates to our BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE Z10s and Q10s.
    3. I don't get free Windows updates on my laptop. Even if I get something, "they" eventually make the product unable to support the updates (not enough memory, processor too slow, etc)
    4. Products have to become obsolete. Surprisingly, they need to sell new products in order to make money
    5. Playbook still seems to work? If yes, shut up, if no, throw it out onto the highway

I'm not likely responding to any of the comments I will receive, I don't have time. Since I started boycotting these forums, I've found I don't have quite as much spare time.

I just wish butthurt Playbook owners would get over it and buy something new.

Throw your Playbook into the stack of "planned-obsolete" electronics that everyone in the world has.
    SK122387, ots1960, BGRS and 1 others like this.
    07-03-13 10:01 PM
    Textbook forum trolling.
    07-03-13 10:08 PM
    Some complain about broken promises. Some complain about complainers. Life goes on.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:12 PM
    I can understand why people are upset, but on the other hand, it just had to be done. I'd rather have this happen to me then being one of the 1000's who were laid off by BlackBerry. We have nothing to complain about when it's put into perspective. If you owned a team, would you keep any of your players that weren't producing? Most likely not. It's time to take one for the team and get over it already.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:14 PM
    I'm just confused. Do they think that they didn't even try? It didn't work. I'm sure performance wasn't up to what they wanted. Part of BB's problems are their horrid communication "skills", lol.

Some complain about broken promises. Some complain about complainers. Life goes on.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:15 PM
    Wait, so owners of a shiny new Z10 or Q10 get better treatment just because they bought a newer device? What about those early PB buyers who spent $500 or more on a tablet which had a lot of things promised for it - promises which never came true?

In that case, if I buy a 2013 Benz, I can expect the service center to treat me like a king while those fools who bought a 2012 model can suffer the pauper treatment
    07-03-13 10:24 PM
    Wait, so owners of a shiny new Z10 or Q10 get better treatment just because they bought a newer device? What about those early PB buyers who spent $500 or more on a tablet which had a lot of things promised for it - promises which never came true?

In that case, if I buy a 2013 Benz, I can expect the service center to treat me like a king while those fools who bought a 2012 model can suffer the pauper treatment
    I've never heard of updates for any of my cars? Am I missing something? We are lucky BlackBerry even came out with new phones at this point. Understand frustration, but this is a difficult situation for the company.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:40 PM
    Cars get hardware and software updates even if they're outside warranty. Ever heard of recalls?

Anyway we're lucky BBRY is still around. Or are we lucky at all? I would rather have the company die than churn out crap products and keep p!ssing off customers.
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    07-03-13 10:47 PM
    Cars get hardware and software updates even if they're outside warranty. Ever heard of recalls?

Anyway we're lucky BBRY is still around. Or are we lucky at all? I would rather have the company die than churn out crap products and keep p!ssing off customers.
    recalls are for safety hazards. your comparison does not make any sense.
    07-03-13 11:15 PM
    NOT all owners, just the ones I see on every post of every site (Facebook, tech sites, etc) complaining about not getting BB10 on the Playbook. :...(

1. The vast majority of you purchased Playbook with no expection of a new OS for free
    2. They spent time and money to try and put BB10 on the Playbook, it didn't work to their satisfaction. I'm pissed they wasted so much time, I, and MILLIONS of others, want updates to our BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE Z10s and Q10s.
    3. I don't get free Windows updates on my laptop. Even if I get something, "they" eventually make the product unable to support the updates (not enough memory, processor too slow, etc)
    4. Products have to become obsolete. Surprisingly, they need to sell new products in order to make money
    5. Playbook still seems to work? If yes, shut up, if no, throw it out onto the highway

I'm not likely responding to any of the comments I will receive, I don't have time. Since I started boycotting these forums, I've found I don't have quite as much spare time.

Throw your Playbook into the stack of "planned-obsolete" electronics that everyone in the world has.
    I get windows updates free almost every Tuesday!

If you boycotted this forum, then how did I just read your rant?
    07-03-13 11:59 PM
    I like your style... "hit and run"...

Posted via Z10
    07-04-13 12:02 AM

Why are YOU so butthurt about you updates for your Z10/Q10? If you had paid attention to the previous 5 years BB has been around you would know they aren't exactly the king of releasing updates. Also has BB ever EVER charged money for a Software Update? How about Apple? How about HTC? How about Samsung? How about Windows phone? How about LG? How about any major phone company? It just doesn't make sense to me. Look at it like this:

You already know that an official 10.2 update will be available at some point, right? Now imagine you are waiting and waiting for 7 months and you can't seem to get a word out of BB. So all that time goes by and not a word of a 10.2 update. Then at an earnings report they announce that the Z10/Q10 cannot run 10.2 due to insufficient RAM. While you could have bought something new all those months ago, but you held off because you were told there would be a update.

Now I know the Z10 isn't 2 years old, but the point is, if you were still rocking your Z10 2 years from now and it still worked functionally but lagged and needed an update and you were promised one and then they drop it like a hot coal, what would you say? How about those who cannot afford a new tablet? Not every one has $200 to spend like pocket change. I'm sure many playbook owners got it because it was in their price range and heard that it was still being supported. "Surprisingly, they need to sell new products in order to make money", No they don't, they just update it and people can buy more apps. Hell there are as many PB owners as people that bought a BB10 phone this quarter, so right there they could have doubled there profit on apps by supporting the PB.
    07-04-13 12:19 AM

This is exactly how I feel. I bought the PlayBook a month after it launched, the 32GB on for $599. That was in 2011. I've literally had TWO SOLID YEARS WITH IT. It did everything I bought it for. It still does. Yes BB10's Bridge is severely lacking in features compared to OS7's Bridge (please give us them back!), but it's still a nice little tablet. In fact, it wasn't working right like three weeks ago, and BlackBerry replaced it with a BRAND NEW ONE. I have a brand new PlayBook that still has the best speakers I've ever heard on a mobile device.

I'm sure BlackBerry would love NOTHING MORE than to give us BB10. Why else would they have wasted time, money, and manpower working on it during the most crucial time in their company's existence? People act like Thorsten Heins doesn't care if we don't get BB10 on our PlayBooks. What if we got it and it was just horrible? The stories about how horrible BB10 is on the PlayBook would run rampant, and taint BB10 as a whole, just as it's coming out of the gate. That would be beyond stupid to risk that kind of negative publicity about their brand new platform, all to appease a few hundred thousand owners of a tablet that's been on sale for two years.

Sometimes in life, things don't work out. BlackBerry apparently got ahead of itself and said we would get BB10, but it's not happening. That's life! They didn't print that sh1t on the PlayBook box. There's no way BlackBerry execs/employees feel GOOD about telling us something only to have it not work out. They need all the goodwill they can get right now from customers, and this certainly hurt that.

One more thing: I love how so many BlackBerry fans are going crazy, calling BlackBerry a liar. I didn't hear a PEEP from Apple fanatics when Apple was BEING INVESTIGATED by the Department of Justice and then PUT ON TRIAL by the United States Government for price-fixing eBooks. Like hello....Apple, the company that has weaseled its iPads into classrooms around the country, touting them as invaluable education tools that will replace textbooks..literally on trial for allegedly trying to gouge prices with book publishers (this includes text book publishers too).

PlayBook users really need to get over it now. There's nothing they can do about not getting BB10 except, oh yeah, enjoy the tablet that works as advertised.
    daglesj, eldricho and Desktoper like this.
    07-04-13 01:12 AM
    This is exactly how I feel. I bought the PlayBook a month after it launched, the 32GB on for $599. That was in 2011. I've literally had TWO SOLID YEARS WITH IT. It did everything I bought it for. It still does. Yes BB10's Bridge is severely lacking in features compared to OS7's Bridge (please give us them back!), but it's still a nice little tablet. In fact, it wasn't working right like three weeks ago, and BlackBerry replaced it with a BRAND NEW ONE. I have a brand new PlayBook that still has the best speakers I've ever heard on a mobile device.

I'm sure BlackBerry would love NOTHING MORE than to give us BB10. Why else would they have wasted time, money, and manpower working on it during the most crucial time in their company's existence? People act like Thorsten Heins doesn't care if we don't get BB10 on our PlayBooks. What if we got it and it was just horrible? The stories about how horrible BB10 is on the PlayBook would run rampant, and taint BB10 as a whole, just as it's coming out of the gate. That would be beyond stupid to risk that kind of negative publicity about their brand new platform, all to appease a few hundred thousand owners of a tablet that's been on sale for two years.

Sometimes in life, things don't work out. BlackBerry apparently got ahead of itself and said we would get BB10, but it's not happening. That's life! They didn't print that sh1t on the PlayBook box. There's no way BlackBerry execs/employees feel GOOD about telling us something only to have it not work out. They need all the goodwill they can get right now from customers, and this certainly hurt that.

One more thing: I love how so many BlackBerry fans are going crazy, calling BlackBerry a liar. I didn't hear a PEEP from Apple fanatics when Apple was BEING INVESTIGATED by the Department of Justice and then PUT ON TRIAL by the United States Government for price-fixing eBooks. Like hello....Apple, the company that has weaseled its iPads into classrooms around the country, touting them as invaluable education tools that will replace textbooks..literally on trial for allegedly trying to gouge prices with book publishers (this includes text book publishers too).

PlayBook users really need to get over it now. There's nothing they can do about not getting BB10 except, oh yeah, enjoy the tablet that works as advertised.
    Oh, I didn't know you had PHYSICAL proof that BB had spent ANY time on PBOS10. My bad.
    07-04-13 01:20 AM
    The problem is there will have been many who held off purchasing a different device or picked up a (or maybe another) playbook on the promises made by Heins. I still think it could have worked on the PlayBook, it doesn't need things like the hub which would save on memory. We just want a better, non laggy, keyboard, non crashing browser and maybe better android runtime.

The playbook is still a great device, excellent hardware, a very nice UI and multitasking which suits many perfectly. But it's those whom have grown frustrated with the crashing and lag that, or those I mentioned earlier, that are upset with the decision.

Just because you don't feel the same as others doesn't mean you can tell them to get over themselves, to each their own.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:12 AM
    I assume the OP isnt being a troll.... And will take his comment seriously and respond to it. You have to ask yourself, tho, why is he reading posts that bug him so much. He may take a bit of his own advice.

What he either fails to grasp, or is ignoring, is that the playbook was sold with a stack of promises that never happened. We havent heard of bb10 on launch day so we can't rightfully say we were denied that... But the features we kept being told "were coming soon" never arrived as well as apps such as skype (recall the icon on the playbook tablet in advertisements, giving customers justifiable reasons to believe it would be on there).

BB10 was suppose to address the many issues and holes left in the OS... A rose by any other name is still a rose, so call it BBX, OS 2.x, call it what you want, playbook owners were sold a bill of goods and they waited through weeks then months then years to see it receive nothing more than bug fixes and meaningless performance enhancements while the competition released tablets that passed it up quickly in terms of software and hardware.

I said way back then that the fanboys were in danger of enabling and empowering mediocrity and it would mean the doom of the playbook, if they refused to hold blackberry's feet to the fire and make excuses for them. I was told that i was wrong, called all sorts of nasty names, accused of being short sighted and told to shut up- "they are going to make this device the best on the market!"

Well well well. I hope they find plenty of seasoning for all that crow. I also hope they find some way to ease their conscience, as a plummeting stock price and rapid exodus of customers proves who is right and who is wrong.

enjoy the tablet that works as advertised.
    I guess you arent familiar with the Playbook. It doesnt "work as advertised". Especially with the bb10 bridge, where a lot of functionality was lost.
    07-04-13 02:27 AM
    Awesome logic - and just to take that to it's logical conclusion , BBRY should stop working on BB10 hardware and software cos there are a lot more OS7 devices out there and they actualy make money form them, works for me. And all you Z10 and Q10 owners won't be up in arms cos you've been butf***ed and left in the cold, but 'Hey it's the best thing for the company'.

And I don't want to see any more complaints from owners of the new devices complaining about missing functionality either. PB owners have been crying out for functionality from day one and the least BBRY could do is to update 2.1 to include that missing funtionality ( USBOTG etc. )
    07-04-13 02:36 AM
    It's not about broken promises or lack of communication, or the spec of the playbook, it's about cold hard cash. BB Had mountains of playbooks laying around in their warehouses and needed to sell them by hook or by crook, if that meant promising the world, then delivering Neasden then so be it.........
    Anyway I'm off to muzuma.com to get a whopping 17 quid for my Playbook, toodles!
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-04-13 03:33 AM

Probably true for true recalls, or where they're worried about liability / negligence.

However, I had to pay for a software update for a car I owned (it was transmission / gearbox software) that cost around �100, perhaps �120 (UK pounds) that addressed transmission behaviour which had an impact on the reliability of the gearbox - I don't recall exactly the situation in terms of whether it would have been covered had the car still been under manufacturers warranty - but from what I read from forums, everybody had to pay for it.
    07-04-13 03:45 AM
    I'm just confused. Do they think that they didn't even try? It didn't work. I'm sure performance wasn't up to what they wanted. Part of BB's problems are their horrid communication "skills", lol.
    Yes, I'm sure and also certain about all the other bull I'm told by BBRY. It SIMPLY MUST BE SO AS THEY SAY!!

To help you a bit: It was either a pure business decision or BB10 is a horrible OS. 2GB is laughable, the same is you who seems in need to worship his brand of love without any negativity!

Over the last half a year probably more than just a few 100000 PB were sold to customers (That were already in distribution channels) - all of them attached with a BB10 promise!
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-04-13 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Edited in lieu of language infraction.
    07-04-13 04:34 AM
    Seems you defenders do not get it. It even doesn't work as advertised! I'm really astonished by so much ignorance here...
    07-04-13 04:37 AM
    lol, "It even doesn't work as advertised!"...

Posted via Z10
    07-04-13 04:43 AM
    I got over it, I sold my playbook two weeks ago and will never buy another Blackberry product again. I'm sure others who got over it are thinking the same thing.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-04-13 05:29 AM
    This whole situation would seem to be like the classic "five stages of grief", where different people are at a different stage at the same time. What K�bler-Ross never anticipated AFAIK was people from one stage picking needlessly on another group that isn't at their stage yet.. .
    FF22, Desktoper and El Bori like this.
    07-04-13 05:33 AM
    I like your style... "hit and run"...

Posted via Z10
    More like a drive by. Very gangsta
    07-04-13 06:38 AM
35 12