I will be at the BlackBerry Live 2013 in Orlando next week. Anyone here wants some questions asked at that event? I believe there will be opportunity for attendees to ask questions to the senior management of BB...
    rossjackson01 and Affie36 like this.
    05-10-13 03:21 PM
    I will be at the BlackBerry Live 2013 in Orlando next week. Anyone here wants some questions asked at that event? I believe there will be opportunity for attendees to ask questions to the senior management of BB...

As you may or may not know, a lot of people on these boards debate about the shutter sound that is made on BlackBerry phones. Here are some questions you could ask them, if you don't mind.

- Why the electronic shutter sound is mandatory, even when taking screen shots?
    -- If they say it's because countries like South Korea and Japan require it, ask them why Japan is considered since
    BB10 phones aren't sold in Japan. Also, why is it that Android & Apple allow silent shutters and they're sold in Japan & South Korea.
    Sriman likes this.
    05-10-13 03:38 PM
    Ask him when the PlayBook will receive BB10 without using the word "soon", "later this year", "around the corner," etc.

Thanks.
    05-10-13 04:42 PM
    As you may or may not know, a lot of people on these boards debate about the shutter sound that is made on BlackBerry phones. Here are some questions you could ask them, if you don't mind.

-- If they say it's because countries like South Korea and Japan require it, ask them why Japan is considered since
    BB10 phones aren't sold in Japan. Also, why is it that Android & Apple allow silent shutters and they're sold in Japan & South Korea.
    Don't understand all the fuss about this. Just turn the volume down/off and voila, no shutter sound...
    malgpz900 likes this.
    05-10-13 04:52 PM
    Sriman

As suggested. BB10 for Playbook time frame please. Thank you.
    05-10-13 05:27 PM

The shutter sound is there for both security and privacy.
    05-10-13 05:33 PM
    The shutter sound is there for both security and privacy.

Who's privacy? Let's not get started on the whole argument about privacy in public space. Why is there a loud shutter sound when taking a screen shot???

What security is involved when consumers are using the device? Why can't consumers shut it off? Enterprise can be controlled via BES (which would force the shutter sound). With the defection of companies going to iPhone and Android (who offer a silent shutter option), why aren't any of those companies worried about security?

This is not to open up the debate about why there is a loud shutter sound. My question was directed to the op, who asked for input on what we could ask BB management. If BlackBerry could clear up the confusion on the shutter sound, that would put the issue to rest once and for all.
    05-10-13 05:40 PM
    Don't understand all the fuss about this. Just turn the volume down/off and voila, no shutter sound...
    Turned the volume off on my Z10, took a picture & screen shot. Voila...LOUD shutter. Your suggestion does not work. Also, my question was directed to the OP. It was not to open up the debate about the reason for the loud shutter.

The reason I posted it is to see if we could get an official response from BlackBerry for the loud shutter.
    rnhld likes this.
    05-10-13 05:42 PM
    Who's privacy? Let's not get started on the whole argument about privacy in public space. Why is there a loud shutter sound when taking a screen shot???

What security is involved when consumers are using the device? Why can't consumers shut it off? Enterprise can be controlled via BES (which would force the shutter sound). With the defection of companies going to iPhone and Android (who offer a silent shutter option), why aren't any of those companies worried about security?

This is not to open up the debate about why there is a loud shutter sound. My question was directed to the op, who asked for input on what we could ask BB management. If BlackBerry could clear up the confusion on the shutter sound, that would put the issue to rest once and for all.
    I'm not defending BlackBerry's decision to include a shutter sound. Just passing on some info.
    05-10-13 05:48 PM
    Besides when will BB 10 for the PlayBook drop...I'd like to know if BlackBerry plans on releasing a 3rd generation Music Gateway that's battery powered, has BlueTooth 4.0 (low power capability) AND contains the APT-X audio codec (emphasis on the APT-X part)?
    05-10-13 06:08 PM
    Unfortunately with the BlackBerry it doesn't work that way, just tried it...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 06:27 PM
    Given his views on the future or lack there off, of the tablet market.....

Does he know the difference between his *** and elbow

Seriously though, is the PB dead to BBRY, and if not when do we get BB10.
    Sriman likes this.
    05-10-13 06:31 PM
    Besides when will BB 10 for the PlayBook drop...I'd like to know if BlackBerry plans on releasing a 3rd generation Music Gateway that's battery powered, has BlueTooth 4.0 (low power capability) AND contains the APT-X audio codec (emphasis on the APT-X part)?
    This, and when will.he stop removing BIS, BB core selling product.
    *sniff sniff... Wish I were going. I even got offered a free pass (to Jam, at least), but the airfare down was more than my Air Miles card could handle.

Maybe next year...
    Sriman likes this.
    I'm not defending BlackBerry's decision to include a shutter sound. Just passing on some info.
    Cool, thanks. I just wish BlackBerry would be more responsive in terms of things like this. No official "word" from them results in people going back and forth on internet forums like Crackberry. That's why I asked the op if they could ask BlackBerry for an official response.
    05-10-13 08:18 PM
    Sriman

Yes, please toss us a bone and at least acknowledge something is being done for the Playbook. I do understand that they're busy with the Q10 launch, and probably the R10 launch as well. But at nothing has been mentioned about the Playbook.
    Shantanu Gupta and Sriman like this.
    05-10-13 08:21 PM

If you are really upset about the Z10/Q10 not having a feature to disable it, please do us all a favor and sell your BB10 device and buy a device that doesn't have it.
    05-10-13 08:35 PM
    The key question I am sure that is on everyone's mind is will there will an OS 10.x for the Playbook or is BBRY retiring the Playbook for the B10PL and the U10 devices slated to come out later this year?
    Sriman likes this.
    05-10-13 08:37 PM
    I think this was covered when will playbook have its software update?
    Sriman likes this.
    05-10-13 08:55 PM
    Also will there be a setting on the phones for adjusting sensitivity for the touch?
    Sriman likes this.
    05-10-13 08:56 PM
    If you are really upset about the Z10/Q10 not having a feature to disable it, please do us all a favor and sell your BB10 device and buy a device that doesn't have it.
    I'm not upset about it. The op asked us for suggestions on what to ask, and that is one I would like asked, so that we can get the official BlackBerry response.

If you don't like the fact that consumers want choices, then you can go back to flip phones that can only make phone calls and send text messages. You're like that Kah Carter poster who said the same thing "if you don't like it, return it". Yup, great attitude. That's your only answer as you have no other suggestions to improve a product.
    Sriman likes this.
    05-10-13 09:11 PM
    Will Mr. Heins consider BlackBerry making themed BB10 devices specifically aimed at helping people affected by major diseases in an effort to win consumer report, strengthen brand name recognition, and also assisting in deferring or getting tax breaks.

Consider limited edition run of specific BB models in specific regions (or globally).

BB Q10 in Red - for the "(Red)Project" those affected by Aids and partner with the leading world wide organization.

BB Q10 in Pink - for those women affected by breast cancer!

A percentage of sales of these models, say 5'000/10'000 in Canada, USA, UK, S. Africa (especially for Project Red since Aids is alarmingly high and considered a national epidemic still, awareness is the key to avoiding it spreading).

Why do I even hope you get to ask this and get a direct response?

Because too many are dieing in this world from both, because I'd like to hope we all respect one another, because we all have mothers, maybe sisters and daughters in our lives - cousins, aunts, and grandmothers too.

Because ... its the Canadian thing to do ... to take the rising success of BlackBerry and give back to the communities that have helped us get there ... because its in our dna ... because Canadians for centuries have always looked outwardly to help others in spite of our awkward ways and focus on Hockey, Syrup, and the right thing to do.

(I've blogged about this, asked the editor in chief here, and have tweeted Donny H of inside blackberry blog and who I think is Mr. Heins - who hasn't tweeted anyone and follows 1 person).
    Sriman likes this.
    05-10-13 09:59 PM
    ^ also because I'm not selfish ... I gain nothing but a smile on my face for someone close enough to ask and maybe have Mr. Heins and company to pontificate on this idea.

No other smartphone company has done either to date; not with smartphones (iPods yes).
    05-10-13 10:01 PM
    No questions, just thank him for his excellent baked beans and tomato sauce
    Sriman likes this.
    05-11-13 03:06 AM
    Ask him when the PlayBook will receive BB10 without using the word "soon", "later this year", "around the corner," etc.

Thanks.
    Sriman

Yes, please toss us a bone and at least acknowledge something is being done for the Playbook. I do understand that they're busy with the Q10 launch, and probably the R10 launch as well. But at nothing has been mentioned about the Playbook.
    The key question I am sure that is on everyone's mind is will there will an OS 10.x for the Playbook or is BBRY retiring the Playbook for the B10PL and the U10 devices slated to come out later this year?
    I think this was covered when will playbook have its software update?
    Definitely BB10 for PlayBook is my top priority question... Hope I will get some clear answer rather than vague answers like "later this year", "before you will die", "while Obama is the president" etc....
    FF22 and rossjackson01 like this.
    05-11-13 04:25 AM
51 123