After years and years with Blackberry I had to give them up. I'm just telling you my personal feelings here so don't get your panties in a knot. I still use my BB 9860 but Playbook is going to be sitting for awhile. I have been a Blackberry user from day one and this was a difficult decision but work related. I went out and bought an Ipad with all the bells and whistles. Just watching my sling-box on the ipad made me puke, it was awesome! Playbook and Sling really missed the ball here. Skype and Netflix well we all no the 1000's of threads on that one. But I do enjoy using them out on the road. I won't go into details about the work end of it (I'm a real estate agent) but I got tired of companies telling me they don't deal in Blackberry apps. As soon as i started using the Ipad I knew right away why Rim is in so much trouble. I hope they can catch up and save the company and my stock will recover. Hopefully I will be able to use my Playbook again when 10 comes out and developers jump back on board. Good luck everyone. I'm not giving up on Rim yet just taking a sabbatical.
    10-06-12 01:12 PM
    You will soon be back I'm sure of that. It's not the playbook that's the problem, it's the real estate. Hehe.
    10-06-12 01:18 PM
    Really, the first thing you have to ask yourself is "Does anyone here actually care about my switch to the dark side?"

For myself, a resounding "no".
    10-06-12 02:12 PM
    Really, the first thing you have to ask yourself is "Does anyone here actually care about my switch to the dark side?"

For myself, a resounding "no".
    If you don't care, why comment?

I can see why your move to the iPad made sense. I love the PB but it is missing out on a ton of stuff. s
    BigAl_BB9900 and baldo like this.
    10-06-12 02:21 PM
    How rude.
    I have done pretty much the same thing as the OP. Have had a PlayBook for 10 months and an iPad 3 for 5 months. The iPad absolutely spanks the PlayBook in every way except for price (I paid $200 for the PlayBook) and portability.
    eg
    -Screen quality. Not just resolution either.
    -Responsiveness.
    -Stability.
    -Battery life.
    -Build quality. I have some weird "fraying" happening at several points between the screen and the plastic screen surround on the Playbook.
    -Built in functionality (printing, as one glaring example).
    -Yes, app selection and quality.
    That's your subjective opinion and you're free to express it, but obviously not everyone agrees with you or we would all be owning iPads, including myself. I've owned and used android tablets and all generations of iPad and still choose to keep my PB. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford whichever tablet I choose and I've become very dependent on a tablet now, for work and personal use. I still prefer the PB because it has features and capabilities the other tabs don't have and a better tablet for my needs and my company's, as the iPad is for yours. If the iPad3 was so perfect there wouldn't be the number of problems and complaints on the iPad and Apple forums that there are. You really should visit and read them, very enlightening. I'm glad the iPad works for you and the OP, but it doesn't for everyone.
    bb624 and TommyBB like this.
    10-06-12 03:34 PM
    Rude? Really? You do realize that this is a Playbook fan site? Don't like the PB & prefer the iPad? Fine. We're all very happy or you but you know what? I don't have to care about your switch and personally I find it rude to come to a BB PB fan site to do nothing other than try to start trouble.
    eternalemb, osbook, bb624 and 1 others like this.
    10-06-12 03:37 PM
    Rude? Really? You do realize that this is a Playbook fan site? Don't like the PB & prefer the iPad? Fine. We're all very happy or you but you know what? I don't have to care about your switch and personally I find it rude to come to a BB PB fan site to do nothing other than try to start trouble.
    I agree. Go to one of the iPad forums and post a comparable thread about switching to a PB and stand back. Talk about rude
    TommyBB, hpjrt and eternalemb like this.
    10-06-12 03:48 PM
    "Skype and Netflix well we all no the 1000's of threads on that one."
    By the way its know not no! #Applecrumble

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    hpjrt and TommyBB like this.
    10-06-12 03:57 PM
    I personally prefer the playbook. I am not really into a lot of apps. My wife has an ipad. I installed a few apps like the tivo app and then became quite bored. I found the apps to be a novelty that wore off quickly.

To each his/her own I suppose.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    TommyBB and up488 like this.
    10-06-12 03:57 PM
    I have owned iPads since the first model, currently own the latest one, and bought a PlayBook very recently and I certainly think it has advantages other than price (although $200 for 64GB is a very good deal).

Size/weight is a big advantage. There are times when I don't want to carry a briefcase or backpack, and the PlayBook fits in a jacket pocket.

The sound is better and louder.

The PlayBook has both USB and HDMI ports and can use a Bluetooth mouse. To me the most important of these is HDMI. I can carry a 7" tablet and a cable and play back video on a friend's TV rather than carry my 10" iPad and an adapter or Apple TV.

Both will shoot good 1080p video, but you look like slightly less of a dork using a 7" tablet than a 10"

The widescreen format is a plus for a lot of movies and TV shows.

Is the PlayBook badly lacking in apps? Absolutely, but I can run all of those apps on my iPad, and I would suggest to the OP that the PlayBook is an excellent choice for a smaller tablet for someone who owns an iPad.
    Last edited by bdegrande; 10-06-12 at 05:12 PM.
    10-06-12 03:59 PM
    I just don't like how the OP spelled "know" as "no."

enjoy that iPad
    kbz1960 and TommyBB like this.
    10-06-12 04:56 PM
    hopefully bb10 software update will get you using the playbook again. I have also tried the ipad but prefer a portable item rather then something large, and essentially hardwired to playing to only your own tv unless you want to remove the apple tv setup.
    10-06-12 05:22 PM
    After years and years with Blackberry I had to give them up. I'm just telling you my personal feelings here so don't get your panties in a knot. I still use my BB 9860 but Playbook is going to be sitting for awhile. I have been a Blackberry user from day one and this was a difficult decision but work related. I went out and bought an Ipad with all the bells and whistles. Just watching my sling-box on the ipad made me puke, it was awesome! Playbook and Sling really missed the ball here. Skype and Netflix well we all no the 1000's of threads on that one. But I do enjoy using them out on the road. I won't go into details about the work end of it (I'm a real estate agent) but I got tired of companies telling me they don't deal in Blackberry apps. As soon as i started using the Ipad I knew right away why Rim is in so much trouble. I hope they can catch up and save the company and my stock will recover. Hopefully I will be able to use my Playbook again when 10 comes out and developers jump back on board. Good luck everyone. I'm not giving up on Rim yet just taking a sabbatical.
    Enjoy your ipad....and post on the dark side please because we on CB are here to discuss BB's not iproducts.
    rotorwrench and TommyBB like this.
    10-06-12 07:44 PM
    If you don't care, why comment?

I can see why your move to the iPad made sense. I love the PB but it is missing out on a ton of stuff. s
    Because this is the PlayBook nut huggers website, not the iFad nut huggers website. Get it now? No offense but if you see why he left then you should be asking yourself some questions as well.

Sorry baldo no one cares here. Except maybe some of Cook's undercover disiples, like mr. two poster below. I think you're better off telling your "great success" story some place else...pick any number of "i" sites that tickles you. Oh, and when you "discover" the ifone is better than your 9860, go tell it to the i people, not on our forums.

How rude.
    I have done pretty much the same thing as the OP. Have had a PlayBook for 10 months and an iPad 3 for 5 months. The iPad absolutely spanks the PlayBook in every way except for price (I paid $200 for the PlayBook) and portability.
    eg
    -Screen quality. Not just resolution either.
    -Responsiveness.
    -Stability.
    -Battery life.
    -Build quality. I have some weird "fraying" happening at several points between the screen and the plastic screen surround on the Playbook.
    -Built in functionality (printing, as one glaring example).
    -Yes, app selection and quality.
    Yes. Mr. Two poster, it is rude to go to someone else's house and insult their wife. You have as much credibility as a two dolla hoe. P�ss. Off.
    eternalemb likes this.
    10-06-12 09:24 PM
    Hmmmm I've never been able to figure out the point of such posts:what:
    I'm loving this 2.1 by the way
    hpjrt and rotorwrench like this.
    10-06-12 09:38 PM
    Because this is the PlayBook nut huggers website, not the iFad nut huggers website. Get it now? No offense but if you see why he left then you should be asking yourself some questions as well.

Sorry baldo no one cares here. Except maybe some of Cook's undercover disiples, like mr. two poster below. I think you're better off telling your "great success" story some place else...pick any number of "i" sites that tickles you. Oh, and when you "discover" the ifone is better than your 9860, go tell it to the i people, not on our forums.

Yes. Mr. Two poster, it is rude to go to someone else's house and insult their wife. You have as much credibility as a two dolla hoe. P�ss. Off.
    You p!ss off, crackberry and its forums are for everyone to enjoy. The op was not trolling like you are. I have a PlayBook and I love it but I still respect other peoples comments about what they think is better.

Sent from da BOLD or maybe mi PlayBook
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-06-12 10:20 PM

This post is both obnoxious and remarkably unproductive, it reminds me of those in the Linux community who insult anyone who dares to use any proprietary software.

The original poster bought an iPad and said that he might return to the PlayBook when BB10 came out. You seem to want to do everything possible to drive him away for good. Why? If making that post makes you feel good somehow, you need to examine why. If you think he is no longer worthy to be on "our" forums, I disagree completely.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-06-12 10:21 PM
    This post is both obnoxious and remarkably unproductive, it reminds me of those in the Linux community who insult anyone who dares to use any proprietary software.

The original poster bought an iPad and said that he might return to the PlayBook when BB10 came out. You seem to want to do everything possible to drive him away for good. Why? If making that post makes you feel good somehow, you need to examine why. If you think he is no longer worthy to be on "our" forums, I disagree completely.
    Agreed, if anyone does not deserve to be here its him, not the op.

10-06-12 10:24 PM

I don't really gas what you think. No one cares about an i anything owner on a bb forum. Just like no one cares about my pb on I whatever forum. Like iproducts? Great! I have an ifad2. Why would I think to post that on a bb forum? Were you somehow enlightened by his experience? I never said a fookin thing about him not being welcome here. That came out of your @ss. I said that no one cares to hear about his new itablet here. You think I'm driving him away? Post something like what he did, in reverse, do it on an i Site and see what you'll get. Nobody's going to be holding your hand there and singing kumba ya with you.

Agreed, if anyone does not deserve to be here its him, not the op.

You should get an reading lesson or two before posting, sfb...your sig explains everything though.
    10-06-12 11:43 PM
    Tommy,
    you should really only speak for yourself..
    Sometimes people need to leave a product as it does not work for them, so they post about it.. Not all of them trolls like you. This forum isn't just for BB owners. Its not a requirement to own one to post or read here or to express an opinion.. As this post is, His opinion.. don't like, don't agree with , fine, no need to flame others who might agree or like the post.
    I love my blackberries, but that doesn't mean I am blind to other products that might, just might meet my or someone else's needs..

*waits for rude comments to ensue* **yawn**
    Last edited by jlsre; 10-07-12 at 01:27 AM. Reason: mispelling.. oh my,, how droll of me
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-07-12 01:26 AM
    Aside from the obvious way this thread has already degenerated into name calling and the like, we do have a thread already devoted to this topic: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    10-07-12 02:36 AM