09-04-12 01:01 PM
78 ... 234
tools
    Besides the oddly placed HDMI and USB ports on the bottom edge of the BlackBerry PlayBook, as a blogger you could replace an existing notebook computer or desktop computer with this tablet. One the go, use a Bluetooth keyboard or the BlackBerry smartphone keyboard via BlackBerry Bridge. At home or in the office, connect the tablet to a monitor or television via an HDMI cable and write content for the blog using whichever keyboard you prefer.

In my option, the HDMI and USB ports should have been located on either side edge of the tablet. Even the 4G/LTE BlackBerry PlayBook kept this ergonomic design flaw. I am convinced the design team are gaming dudes drooling over photographs of Kim Kardashian and/or Snooky (Snookie?). As CEO of RIM I would castrate the entire BlackBerry PlayBook development and engineering team so they would focus their energy on producing an industry-changing tablet and smartphone running BlackBerry 10. Am I being too harsh?
    09-04-12 09:53 AM
    You buy a PB if you are:

a) 50 and have never really bought a tablet before but have used a Blackberry for work
    b) If you are generally clueless about technology, or an average RIM user.
    c) If you saw the desperately low price and decided to test it, before realising the funcitonality is awful swiftly returning it to buy an Android tablet or iPad.

That about covers it.
    Let's see

a) I own Android tablets and an iPad and have never owned a BlackBerry phone, so no.
    b) I managed a PC support area for a major company, have built computers, modified operating systems, do a podcast, etc. so no.
    c) I loved the desperately low price and have no intention of returning it, so no once more.

Nice try, we have some lovely parting gifts for you on the way out.
    Last edited by bdegrande; 09-04-12 at 01:11 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-04-12 10:29 AM
    Besides the oddly placed HDMI and USB ports on the bottom edge of the BlackBerry PlayBook, as a blogger you could replace an existing notebook computer or desktop computer with this tablet. One the go, use a Bluetooth keyboard or the BlackBerry smartphone keyboard via BlackBerry Bridge. At home or in the office, connect the tablet to a monitor or television via an HDMI cable and write content for the blog using whichever keyboard you prefer.

In my option, the HDMI and USB ports should have been located on either side edge of the tablet. Even the 4G/LTE BlackBerry PlayBook kept this ergonomic design flaw. I am convinced the design team are gaming dudes drooling over photographs of Kim Kardashian and/or Snooky (Snookie?). As CEO of RIM I would castrate the entire BlackBerry PlayBook development and engineering team so they would focus their energy on producing an industry-changing tablet and smartphone running BlackBerry 10. Am I being too harsh?
    d

No problem in running Playbook in landscape with the HDMI etc ports at top unless you have it on the dock charger. True this makes it harder to get at the off and sound buttons but don't need these often. Really must be bothersome to envision violence toward the design staff. Don't think the suggested action would improve their productivity or design judgements. But your approach would certainly get their attention.
    09-04-12 01:01 PM
78 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD