I don't know about u guys but I don't understand why BlackBerry not making a PlayBook 2 with os10.2.1. Real shame. Would have loved an 8' model

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 03:43 PM
    i'd also love to have a new playbook with all the goodies from BB10. BUT, problem is, Bbrry is losing a sh*tload of money, they can't sell devices for their lives (and when they do, it's mostly BBOS phones, not BB10), and last but not least, Bbrry can't market for sh*t and they're seen as a subpar product from the masses.

So if they were to produce a PB2 now, they'd probably sign their own death.

But if Chen can turn the compagny around, and sell some BB10 phones, then they'll probably produce a new tablet. But right now, it would be a bad buisness decision to make one.
    Johberry and Jrox74 like this.
    04-03-14 01:53 AM
    I get the point here. I'm sure a lot of us would love to see a pb2 kind of device. It's just that now might not be a good time for the company as they need to focus on making the company stable again. I'm hoping that if things are better then the company might consider a follow up device.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:38 AM
    This could have happened but RIM left it's customers hanging with broken promises and excuses. I would have been on board for PlayBook 2 but never again.
    04-03-14 04:49 AM
    Well, if they do, the device should be under $300 if they want to sell it.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-03-14 07:34 AM
    I think if they can start making money and not lose it along with some other things we might see another tablet in the future! Just have faith!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 08:09 AM
    My cat wants a mouse to run into his mouth every other time he yawns.
    04-03-14 06:14 PM
    You guys are unreal:

• You get promised a major update on the existing which is scrapped
    • No evidence or leaks to suggest anything was seriously developed other than extremely early alpha builds
    • Playbook scrapped altogether with only occasional security updates promised
    • Blackberry spends resources to bring BBM to iOS and then Android Kitkat users. They then spend resources on BBM to gingerbread devices. Windows Phone app for Nokia coming. Still nothing for Playbook
    • Blackberry quietly update obscure webpage to denote that Playbook is EoL for ALL updates this month (April). No security updates either.

Despite all of that, you still want a Playbook 2? Hook, Line & Sinker.

All the tablets across the board have caught up with features that made the Playbook special. Hdmi output is now something you can get elsewhere. Decent quality speakers too. Customizable mods through android and iOS 7 for iPads which many think rips of BB10. If you do miss BB10 you have phones now that more than adequately perform what is required.

There is absolute no reason to release a second tablet. Moreover, anyone who'd want I think should seek help. Nothing blackberry has done has inspired me with any confidence. BBM was a good move onto cross platform, but the lack of video/ voice accross the board will take its toll.
    milo53 and anon(5597702) like this.
    04-03-14 06:21 PM
    Rimberry could release a dog turd wrapped in smallpox infected cases and there would be folks on here clamouring for them. Its the ones who paid full pop for the device that never delivered that would line up for the next one that causes me to scratch my head.
    milo53 likes this.
    04-03-14 08:43 PM
    I would not buy one...

The new owners will just pull a Playbook on us and never deliver promises...that's if BB is not split and sold off by bankruptcy administration first, which it is looking that way...I mean how many old spec bolds can you sell to get BIS revenue up after touting BB10 is the way forward, then losing the biggest USA subsidiary of a large European telecom group in a huff with them for doing a promo based on your **** products pro/consumers DONT want.

7 billion consumers, most business supplied employees also have a personal device...security and compression gone, BB now offer 7 billion people nothing any other run of the mill manufacturer cant.

There will be no Tablet 2... jesus they wont even support security updates and OS tweaks monthly for brand and consumer loyalty they lost with BIS going by the wayside in BB10.

The next 3 quarters are live or die, a CEO having a public hissy fit at a partner and barring them from such partnership is not steering a boat, he's making it the Titanic equivalent in the security and mobile industry. Funny thing is BB own both the boat and the Titanic, it is its own demise, Chen has no experience in survival in todays market...turning 1 company around in 15 years and sitting comfortable since is not a pro to pull in to rescue a company in almost 5 years of crisis for the last year before it goes under the water. I have 4 old BB phones here, I'd literally quite frankly stick one up each CEO's ***.

Blackberry we knew and loved it products is dead, because management are hopeless...I'd get a whole new management team in not just a CEO.

So to confirm, yes whatever guise and name BB ends up with under new ownership I'll look forward to the PB succession, because that's the only success coming with this management teams proven track record of half a decade :/
    milo53 likes this.
    04-03-14 10:00 PM
    Uhhh...10.3 please
    04-03-14 10:10 PM
    OP, I simply cannot believe you or anyone else on this planet would consider donating 500-1000$ to BB. Only to guarantee another royal screwing by BB, especially now with their current financial situation.

Hey, you can get a start, go to amazon.com and purchase a leather Playbook case for .25$.
    List price was 72.00$. Now that is sign of an incredible successful product!

It boggles my mind....
    04-04-14 01:20 AM
    I feel like the people here condemning the OP are the people who never enjoyed their playbook. I still use mine and would love a new one updated but I don't have the money for a new tablet regardless. Still love my pb

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    axllebeer and DarkJoker33 like this.
    04-04-14 01:32 PM
    Well, if they do, the device should be under $300 if they want to sell it.
    Google managed to do it with there nexus 7 why not BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 05:52 AM
    Google managed to do it with there nexus 7 why not BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Lololol Google and blackberry
    . Look at the cash difference

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-12-14 08:05 AM
    Maybe just sell at very limited quantity. If success then sell it again.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 08:11 AM
    Not going to happen u fortunately. Now weighing the pros of cons of different tablets to see which one I'll be buying.

I'm leaning towards a windows tablet because of email.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 02:05 PM
    I don't know about u guys but I don't understand why BlackBerry not making a PlayBook 2 with os10.2.1. Real shame. Would have loved an 8' model.
    "Don't understand why?" $485 million writedown on the PlayBook 1 is why.
    04-12-14 08:01 PM
    OP, I simply cannot believe you or anyone else on this planet would consider donating 500-1000$ to BB. Only to guarantee another royal screwing by BB, especially now with their current financial situation.

Hey, you can get a start, go to amazon.com and purchase a leather Playbook case for .25$.
    List price was 72.00$. Now that is sign of an incredible successful product!

It boggles my mind....
    I bought one at walmart last week for $10.00. The aftermarket cases cost at least $17.00, and were lousy quality compared to the bb product.
    04-13-14 08:04 AM