so its been a while since this has been talked about, but i really need to know, will we be able to make and receive phone calls through the playbook via bluetooth like the hp touchpad can. if ad2p is coming with 2.0 i don't see why they wouldn't also include this feature along with sms notifications and response. i can read and compose emails, bbms and can see who's calling me and stop the ringer, but i can answer the call? its just beyond frustrating especially since this damn thing has 2 speakers and not 1 but 2 mics! if the plYbook is supposed to be an extenstion of our blackberries, they need to really add these features. if a throw away tablet can do it, i'm sure the playbook can more than complete these tasks
    jermaine1082 likes this.
    02-17-12 04:25 PM
    The Playbook has some awesome features which will be made even better with the release of OS 2.0 ...I say, let's just accept the Playbook for what it is and what it will become - a great tablet!
    02-17-12 04:30 PM
    Interesting view. There is a difference between always looking forward to improvements and things that any device could do better and kinda saying that unless the device in question can do some obscure thing, regardless of amazing power, specs and features one just won't be happy with it.

Seriously, I welcome any ideas to make the PB even better but if you look at ALL it can already do and what it will be able to do on Tuesday, that should keep most people beyond happy for a while. It is hands down the best deal in tablets out there today. At 199.99 I can buy two tablets and cases for the price of a competitor and if one happens to have a BB phone there is the bonus of having internet access anywhere for free. How cool is that?

The Playbook has awesome specs. Better than the iPad2 and certainly the Kindle Fire. The 2.0 upgrade will provide movies, android apps, native calendar, contacts and e-mail (and it seems far ahead of anyone else from what we have seen).

There are a ton of critics, haters, naysayers, et al that will find something to dump on. But on Tuesday, I'm going to take an awesome tablet and just marvel at the upgrades.

The Playbook is about to become the first multi-platform tablet, with an awesome screen, speakers, cameras and processor that just rocks!

It took a while to work this awesome technology but finally RIM got it done.

Go RIM!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 02-17-12 at 04:53 PM.
    Shayme and 2010GOLD like this.
    02-17-12 04:51 PM
    Then maybe you should have a Touchpad?? I don't know that the Playbook will ever have that capability and if you like what something else does better, wouldn't it make sense to have that instead? I know I would.
    2010GOLD likes this.
    02-17-12 04:58 PM
    I think that it is a great tablet already. It would be nice to be able to receive phone calls directly from the PB. I also think that 2.0 will make it a Fantastic tablet.
    02-17-12 05:13 PM
    I can remember when mobiles first came out, they were as big as a brick and twice as heavy. Oh yes, the user looked a too. Stand somewhere busy, put your playbook to your ear and talk to it then look around. The past is not always the best place to go.
    2010GOLD likes this.
    02-17-12 05:30 PM
    so its been a while since this has been talked about, but i really need to know, will we be able to make and receive phone calls through the playbook via bluetooth like the hp touchpad can. if ad2p is coming with 2.0 i don't see why they wouldn't also include this feature along with sms notifications and response. i can read and compose emails, bbms and can see who's calling me and stop the ringer, but i can answer the call? its just beyond frustrating especially since this damn thing has 2 speakers and not 1 but 2 mics! if the plYbook is supposed to be an extenstion of our blackberries, they need to really add these features. if a throw away tablet can do it, i'm sure the playbook can more than complete these tasks
    If I read this right, you want the Playbook to a) act as a speakerphone for your BB, and b) bridge SMS.

Actually, neither one of these sounds like a bad idea. But sadly, I doubt either is coming with 2.0.
    jermaine1082 likes this.
    02-17-12 06:32 PM
    I would love this. When I'm at home I normally leave my 9800 in my truck plugged in and keep it bridged with my playbook. If I could take calls I would turn off call fowarding.
    02-17-12 07:03 PM
    Everytime I see a title that makes me think "useless" I have that spidey feeling. The answer is the OP of the dumbest threads have 10 posts or less (4-5 usually)
    02-17-12 07:08 PM
    its a good idea, but its hardly a unless i have this idea.
    i don't see why you are frustrated about it. I dont see everyother tablet out there having it. if it was email or somethign like that fine, but are talking about a feature uncommon to many tablets, like bridge is unfamiliar to other platforms

cmon son
    02-17-12 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD