Does anybody know how to go back to version 1710? Is it possible? My browser is just buggy now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 06:13 AM
    The best thing to do is just wait a week or so for the new OS release and hope it resolves your issues.

What are those issues BTW?
    Last edited by Matt J; 05-07-11 at 06:43 AM.
    05-07-11 06:34 AM
    Whenever am browsing the web now, after I open a few links within a webpage it just stops loading. So I have to disconnect from tether and reconnect. I haven't tried it on the WI-FI though, so we'll see what happens when I get home today. It was perfect before that update, weird.

05-07-11 06:42 AM
    Whenever am browsing the web now, after I open a few links within a webpage it just stops loading. So I have to disconnect from tether and reconnect. I haven't tried it on the WI-FI though, so we'll see what happens when I get home today. It was perfect before that update, weird.

Hmmm...now that you mention it, I have noticed that behaviour during tether (but not Wi-Fi).

Maybe it is a bug. The best thing to do is situations like this is report the problem on CrackBerry and then call up BlackBerry Technical Support and report it there. Hopefully, it can make its way into the OS build cycle. If we all do this, all our issues will get resolved in due course.
    05-07-11 06:46 AM
    Hmmm...now that you mention it, I have noticed that behaviour during tether (but not Wi-Fi).

Maybe it is a bug. The best thing to do is situations like this is report the problem on CrackBerry and then call up BlackBerry Technical Support and report it there. Hopefully, it can make its way into the OS build cycle. If we all do this, all our issues will get resolved in due course.
    How interesting Matt, am home now an it's back to perfect now that am on my WI-FI. So how do we report this issue to tech support cause obviously it only happens when you tether. Go to BB.com?
    05-07-11 07:35 AM
    How interesting Matt, am home now an it's back to perfect now that am on my WI-FI. So how do we report this issue to tech support cause obviously it only happens when you tether. Go to BB.com?
    BlackBerry - Playbook Getting Started

You'll find a "Contact Support" tab with a phone number. Every new PlayBook gets 90 days of free technical support.
    05-07-11 07:39 AM
    everything relates with tethering will have to be coordinated by bb to carriers. i bet most carriers will offer bb updates for pb-related tether and bridge issues.soon.
    05-07-11 07:55 AM
    ive tethered for hours with no issues
    05-07-11 08:33 AM

Are your tethering or using bridge?

Tim
    05-07-11 08:59 AM
    Internet tethering, no bridge. Like I said before, I had no problem tethering before this latest OS update. I just sent an email to tech support, hopefully they'll look into it.
    05-07-11 09:06 AM
    ive tethered for hours with no issues
    I dont know where are you located, but for while there I thought that the issue was on verizon's end. But then how do you explain that every time I went back to the home screen after the browser froze up the browser icon had this "ghostly" look to it? It looked like the bridge icons look when you are not paired with your BB.
    05-07-11 09:50 AM
    My tethering experience has been solid. It works great throough verizon and my HTC Incredible, and is pretty fast also.
    05-07-11 10:25 AM
    My tethering experience has been solid. It works great throough verizon and my HTC Incredible, and is pretty fast also.
    So was mine till yesterday, who knows maybe it was just a fluke. It was just weird. am on WI-FI now, I should try to tether again and see what happens.
    05-07-11 10:40 AM
    I am sure many people want to stay with the current build. Others are willing to wait for the next update. But the original question is valid, if you WANT to roll to build 1710, does anyone know how?

Thanks.

05-07-11 12:31 PM

Im having this same problem on the latest build as well Except mine is on wifi and sometimes the browser will just crash. I'm hoping they fix this soon it making my pb a pain to use...
    05-07-11 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD