Ok so I was just in a best buy and asked if they had the demo out yet and they didn't, but the sales guy had one and he let me play with it for awhile. Gotta say I am in love. It's hefty, it's quick, the true 1080p is amazing, the interface seems intuitive. I honestly can't say a bad thing about it, well maybe but I am not going to because I really think RIM finally got it right. The pure speed and functionality plus the size, which I think is just right. It doesn't feel big and cumbersome and it doesn't feel too small, the size is just right. I can't wait to pick mine up. If you have some questions ask I am not the most tech savvy but I do know a thing or two.
    lando989 and Technerd.McLeod like this.
    04-17-11 02:10 PM
    Just got back from BB. Called called ahead and asked if the demo unit was out yet. I was told it was but it was not. When I complained, the sales guy appeared with a demo unit. We plugged it in and played around for a while. The preloaded sample videos were mind blowing, virtually 3-D with incredible color. I can honestly say this is the best device screen I've ever seen. We were unable to connect to the Internet, but we did play around with the BB bridge. It definitely says on the help screen words to the effect "use your BlackBerry smartphone to connect to the Internet." There is no question that this functionality is intended. There was also a Gmail Icon on the home screen. The entire interface is snappy and intuitive. The size and feel of the device is perfect. Can't wait till Tuesday!
    04-17-11 02:17 PM
    Yeah, my exact reaction when I first tested a unit at a showing awhile back. What I really like is the clarity of the screen.
    04-17-11 02:20 PM
    awesome report. I hope to have mine wednesday!!
    04-17-11 02:21 PM
    Played with it today at the BestBuy here in Chicago and everybody was loving it. It's AWESOME!!!
    04-17-11 02:26 PM
    Ok so I was just in a best buy and asked if they had the demo out yet and they didn't, but the sales guy had one and he let me play with it for awhile. Gotta say I am in love. It's hefty, it's quick, the true 1080p is amazing, the interface seems intuitive. I honestly can't say a bad thing about it, well maybe but I am not going to because I really think RIM finally got it right. The pure speed and functionality plus the size, which I think is just right. It doesn't feel big and cumbersome and it doesn't feel too small, the size is just right. I can't wait to pick mine up. If you have some questions ask I am not the most tech savvy but I do know a thing or two.
    Giggity!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 03:25 PM
    just got back from BB in Toronto and man is the 1080p impressive! The size is perfect as I can truly see going on vacation and recording videos with. The ipad just looks like an immobile bloated mess compared to it lol. I would go nuts for a video editing app sometime in the future with all the videos I am planning to record with that sweet video camera. Power button is small but to make it such a big issue makes me feel like some of the reviewers had an agenda :P. There was no demo model that but a sales rep from RIM showed up and everyone swarmed him lol. Even all the apple owners were quite taken when we started watching highlights on NHL.com with no hiccups. Anyways I was planning to get the 16 gig model but after seeing the potential with the sweet video recording I pre-ordered the 32. Looks like there might not be a sure bet that I will have one Tuesday due to the high number of pre-orders
    04-17-11 04:15 PM
    what, true 1080p? are you serious, re you sure you weren't watching a batman blu-ray?

Just got back from BB. Called called ahead and asked if the demo unit was out yet. I was told it was but it was not. When I complained, the sales guy appeared with a demo unit. We plugged it in and played around for a while. The preloaded sample videos were mind blowing, virtually 3-D with incredible color. I can honestly say this is the best device screen I've ever seen. We were unable to connect to the Internet, but we did play around with the BB bridge. It definitely says on the help screen words to the effect "use your BlackBerry smartphone to connect to the Internet." There is no question that this functionality is intended. There was also a Gmail Icon on the home screen. The entire interface is snappy and intuitive. The size and feel of the device is perfect. Can't wait till Tuesday!

listen, I'm a huge BB fanboy, but this crap has to stop, really, a 3d 1080p experience.....the only way this is achieved today is a flatscreen monitor running "spaghetti with meatballs" on blu ray.
    04-17-11 06:23 PM

oh, i'm also happy as crap to know that you were happy with the PB, i haven't had a chance to try one out yet where I live, you lucky bugger you
    04-17-11 06:27 PM
    what, true 1080p? are you serious, re you sure you weren't watching a batman blu-ray?
    If you view the RIM document at this post, you will see that it outputs 1080p to an HDTV through the HDMI interface:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/of...ablets-605410/
    Last edited by snuci; 04-17-11 at 06:48 PM.
    04-17-11 06:44 PM

listen, I'm a huge BB fanboy, but this crap has to stop, really, a 3d 1080p experience.....the only way this is achieved today is a flatscreen monitor running "spaghetti with meatballs" on blu ray.
    We know it outputs 1080p and it does do 3d of sorts; though not conventional 3d movies or technology.

and it is a little unclear but the display does NOT show 1080p, not even 720p, only the xoom can @ 1280x800. the playbook is 1024x600 and would need to be 1280�720 to be considered 720p.

that being said the DPI of the playbook makes for a beautiful image and is market leader IMO (tablet market)
    04-17-11 07:05 PM
    I don't mind mobile devices that are able to play 1080p videos and store them on there because they can easily be hooked up or streamed to the tv.

3d content can also be streamed to the tv that supports it too - that's pretty cool too.
    04-17-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD