Heavyweight Samsung should takeover blackberry. This would be beneficial for everyone - users, developers, investors. This way Samsung will have its own OS. And they can produce good hardware to match the OS. Samsung can fund money to develop new apps and hence a richer experience for users. However, they need to bring new leadership at BBRY.
    08-06-13 06:38 PM
    Heavyweight Samsung should takeover blackberry. This would be beneficial for everyone - users, developers, investors. This way Samsung will have its own OS. And they can produce good hardware to match the OS. Samsung can fund money to develop new apps and hence a richer experience for users. However, they need to bring new leadership at BBRY.
    Samsung is pretty much the only one making money out of Android. Why again should they spend money on a takeover when they are not in any pressing need to change their game?
    08-06-13 06:49 PM
    ^^^ That. And Samsung is working on Tizen2. Their own OS. They have plenty of time to work on it though. Nobody is rushing them to change from Android. They make a lot of money off of it.
    08-06-13 07:01 PM
    Dont get me started! I don't like Samsung because they cheat, cheap, and not great, okay?!!!!!!

I would be so happy if you mentioned Sony or LG.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 07:13 PM
    Tizen is still under development, plus its again an open source OS as android.

^^^ That. And Samsung is working on Tizen2. Their own OS. They have plenty of time to work on it though. Nobody is rushing them to change from Android. They make a lot of money off of it.
    08-06-13 07:18 PM
    Samsung is pretty much the only one making money out of Android. Why again should they spend money on a takeover when they are not in any pressing need to change their game?
    They do not need to give up android. Having BB OS would be an addition to their arsenal and help with diversification.
    08-06-13 07:21 PM
    I sure as hell wouldn't mind a bbs4 or berry note 3!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 07:33 PM
    Samsung making an o's? Lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 08:14 PM
    Samsung making an o's? Lol.

Posted via CB10
    its not the first time.....samsung made Bada after all long story short it was a joke
    08-06-13 08:52 PM
    Samsung should just put gestures and swiping (ripped off from BlackBerry and webOS) into their Android ROMS and I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a Smartie. Now that companies like Chuwi (what a stupid name) and their V88 tablet are starting to incorporate multi-window Android builds, I am hoping that better things are on the horizon in Android world. Multi-window Android build released for Chuwi V88 tablet - Liliputing (it's pretty darn cool).

Miracast hacks are also surfacing in the Nexus 7.1 and 7.2 builds. I am finding that it's mostly a software thing since almost all tablets have the hardware to run it...Miracast rocks. Everyone should be wanting that feature.
    08-06-13 09:17 PM
    Samsung should just put gestures and swiping (ripped off from BlackBerry and webOS) into their Android ROMS and I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a Smartie. Now that companies like Chuwi (what a stupid name) and their V88 tablet are starting to incorporate multi-window Android builds, I am hoping that better things are on the horizon in Android world. Multi-window Android build released for Chuwi V88 tablet - Liliputing
    A lot of Android kernels already incorporate gestures. I use one myself.

I don't know that demand for gestures is high though.
    08-06-13 09:20 PM
    They do not need to give up android. Having BB OS would be an addition to their arsenal and help with diversification.
    Who said they need to worry about that? We're not talking LG, Nokia or HTC here. These are the guys trying to catch some attention to their devices. Samsung is just peachy.

If you had said any other manufacturer (even Nokia), we would have agreed.

But Samsung is king od Android right now and even if their OS flops, I don't seem them worrying too much, all things being equal.

I'm not saying that a device with all the spec power Samsung likes to boast, powered by BB10, isn't a sweet thought. Just saying that right now, it is very very unlikely to happen.
    08-06-13 09:23 PM
    Personally, I'd rather see a canadian company take over BB, just so we could avoid inevitable forum implosion from all the fanboys/fanatics threatening to off themselves upon learning about such an "unholy" union.

But a Samsung takeover is much, much more preferable than an Apple takeover.
    08-06-13 10:39 PM
    I'll get an Iphone the day Samsung takeover BlackBerry
    08-07-13 03:13 AM
    As to why anyone would want to takeover Blackberry: from what I hear BB is "sitting" on quite a few patents that might be interesting to the competition. Not the product line, mind, merely the patents...
    08-07-13 03:51 AM
    No, just no
    08-07-13 04:02 AM
    Keep Samsoong & gooooogle away from BlackBerry. I have samsoong tv in one of my rooms and it is the worst pos. Nice package and all bells and whistles whatever. It does not always connect to Att uverse set top box so I have to restart sometimes a dozen times due to a problem recognizing hdmi source from the set top box.

Love my Sony & Pioneer tvs'

BlackBerry needs to fight on!

QNX posted via CB10
    Last edited by VictorRight; 08-07-13 at 04:14 AM.
    08-07-13 04:03 AM
    And another company falls to the Chinese. What's next Molson gonna.be brewed in Beijing? If BlackBerry is sold to them its going to be another western business failure.
    08-07-13 08:16 AM
    Samsung by the way is a Korean company.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:20 AM
    08-07-13 08:22 AM
    Samsung by the way is a Korean company.

Posted via CB10
    LOL!
    08-07-13 08:26 AM
    I hope it never happen. I hope BB OS becomes the OS of choice for more people. Even if we are in 3rd place just a bigger slice of the pie
    08-07-13 08:32 AM
    You know, because 5 new tablets is a must for a company...

I Think Samsung Should Takeover Blackberry-img_00000189.png

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:34 AM
    You know, because 5 new tablets is a must for a company...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000189.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	365.5 KB 
ID:	190381
    I don't get it myself, but it seems to be good strategy.
    08-07-13 08:38 AM
    You realize if SamSung bought BBRY they would only do so for BBRY's assets which includes the patents that BBRY owns, they would not keep BBRY around but they certainly would dismantle the company and dispose of the name and everything associated it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-07-13 08:46 AM
34 12