if you were deaf, you may be satisified with the joy of reading books, but you would never know the great of music.
    there's a lot of things or apps playbook can't do while other tablets can.
    I'm using it daily too, but I still want more, functions a tablets should have, for example GPS, IM and a decent user friendly browser.
    GPS functions well on PB.
    OK, at least not worse than many other tablets (I have compared to 6 models).
    07-17-13 08:54 AM
    Fyi

I'm debating building a custom bb10 cascades replacement system for AIR.

This would mean I can back port about 70 apps.

Nor sure if people would buy em though lol

Posted via CB from my LE
    yellowhammer and FF22 like this.
    07-18-13 07:22 PM
    +1 i still use mine a lot... it just cant be replace by any phone... not even my z10... tweet, web browsing, a lot of media, some gaming, etc...
    07-18-13 07:34 PM
    I still use my Playbook every day also. Surfing the web, reading Crackberry, reading mail from my 9930 through bridge, occasionally watching movies or tv, reading books, it's still very functional. Would I like to see improvements? Sure, but I still find it a useful tablet, especially when I can get on the interwebs from a client's office through bridge.
    muzeek likes this.
    07-18-13 08:10 PM
    I don't know what the big deal is, it's a perfectly functioning device and it works really well for what I do on it (browsing/email/print to go/docs/calendar).

I'm not sure why people are not finding the playbook use full.

I keep it in the bag and use it all the time

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I use my 64 ga Playbook daily as well, on the go, at work, at home along with my desktop; I have my service with at&t and have there mobilshare plane, when I am away form home and there is no wi-fi I use it via bluetooth with my Z10. I have gotten and use a lot of apps form Good E Reader.
    Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10, A10, Q5 & Q10 Apps I installed 16 apps last Sunday.

I have thought about getting another Playbook just as a stand by! Owning and using the Playbook before I got my Z10 helped me better understand how to use the Z10, it is my understanding the Playbook is built on QNX as is the Z10.

I love the Z10, I use 10 or more news feeds, (news apps etc.) daily; US & world news, with the Z10 that is quick and easy! Helps me get the big picture, 'keeps me moving'!
    Last edited by robhenry24; 07-18-13 at 09:31 PM.
    muzeek likes this.
    07-18-13 09:10 PM
    Fyi

I'm debating building a custom bb10 cascades replacement system for AIR.

This would mean I can back port about 70 apps.

Nor sure if people would buy em though lol

Posted via CB from my LE
    How practical is this endeavor? Never mind the financial rewards at this time!

Maybe a list of apps or a link to them?
    07-18-13 09:20 PM
    How practical is this endeavor? Never mind the financial rewards at this time!

Maybe a list of apps or a link to them?
    Well, I have an HTML Editor (wysiwyg), Text Editor. Updated Secure Browser. A few upcoming apps. Probably my Telnet / BBS app. RPG Quest. Isheep. Re wrap Night ports.

Anything that's under FileArchiveHaven in app world really...

Pretty much can back port anything under

Posted via CB from my LE
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-13 10:57 PM
    I'd have to build their bb10 menu bar. Cover. And menu bar.

But that's about it. Maybe 8-9 hours to get it feature for feature.

Posted via CB from my LE
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-13 10:59 PM
    About the only thing in a lesser expensive price range that I would even consider is the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. If my PlayBook becomes usless with the lack of updates then I might go for that for my on the go tablet. Thought about the Note 8.0, but I have the Note 10.1 and I like the slimmer bezel of the tab 3.

But for now, still rocking the PlayBook.

Sent from my PlayBook via the CB Forums app.
    muzeek likes this.
    07-25-13 12:21 PM
    Still using my 64GB as a superior laptop replacement for manuals, as well as an SSH and RDP client, and a pretty decent video player for family movie nights and long trips. I got mine during the firesale, and for what I paid for it I've been more than satisfied.

The only things I could wish for are:

Complete Bridge functionality on BB10 devices
    Native FLAC support
    Native network printing support (not cloud printing)
    07-25-13 12:44 PM
    Dude you can't be serious the browser is so slow and checkerboards all the time and zero app development make it less than perfect.
    Try Origami or Fast Browser. Native App development may have slowed particularly lately but Origami is evidence that it is not zero.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-25-13 01:40 PM
    +1 as well. Bridge, emails, HDMI port to my TV, sideloaded Android apps and now the much faster Origami browser... BB10 was never essential to me, just a "nice to have".
    07-25-13 03:01 PM
    I gotta add that I also use mine daily, cracked screen and all. More is always nice, but seeing how I mostly use it for email, calendar reminders, some internet browsing, light gaming, video player, as a WiFi tester, it's worked just fine. This has been one hard working tablet as it goes wherever I go.
    07-25-13 09:38 PM
38 12