I showed my friend and he completely disregarded all the good features and was only concerned about Netflix and Skype. Nothing else mattered. There was this strange glaze in his eyes, and then he went into the other room and donned this weird robe and tried to get me to join a cult. All of a sudden this celestial being appeared in a nimbus of bright, bright light and offered us everlasting paradise, and my friend asked "ya but dood, you got Netflix and Skype??" And I was all liek "ya inorite!?"
    This post cracked me up TOO MUCH! PB is definitely a high-end tablet, I think that description is perfect since no tablet is perfect and personal preference matters much.
    01-26-12 10:49 PM
    Today the funniest thing happened, I finished my Exam week today, and we where just hanging out in school, while I showed off my PB to some guys I've never met.

I gave them a Demo of the OS and it's features, and showed them a video of what's still to come in OS2.0. After 10 minutes of me rambling the only response they had was... :

''God, do I feel dumb for having an iPad''

After a laugh they all told me they changed their minds about RIM and BB, and they are getting an PB+BB setup in the upcoming months (first they wanted a HTC phone) because they were convinced that a BB+PB setup could't be beaten by ANY modern phone.

Oh they also told me I should become a salesman in RIM products... Lol.
    01-27-12 06:39 AM
    Today the funniest thing happened, I finished my Exam week today, and we where just hanging out in school, while I showed off my PB to some guys I've never met.

I gave them a Demo of the OS and it's features, and showed them a video of what's still to come in OS2.0. After 10 minutes of me rambling the only response they had was... :

''God, do I feel dumb for having an iPad''

After a laugh they all told me they changed their minds about RIM and BB, and they are getting an PB+BB setup in the upcoming months (first they wanted a HTC phone) because they were convinced that a BB+PB setup could't be beaten by ANY modern phone.

Oh they also told me I should become a salesman in RIM products... Lol.
    Go apply for a job at rim then haha
    01-27-12 08:02 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Go apply for a job at rim then haha
    impressive ... i have the same experience when i show anyone the Playbook ... RIM really needs to step up the marketing once Playbook 2.0 is released ....
    01-27-12 08:11 AM
    All of them were completely amazed it was a Blackberry product. They had NO idea this thing would be that good and 1 of them went and bought one the next day because the price is so good. Maybe if every PB owner let their friends try it out it might be more successful at selling units than another commercial about Flash support.
    Or maybe if the PB owner sees what an iOS or Android device can do..... and see that they can buy the same freakin app that costs 5 times or 10 times less on their device..seriously
    01-27-12 08:17 AM
    It is tough to fight the tide of negativity, but it is best fought with the device speaking for itself.
    RIM has that mentality, therefore ignored marketing. See how RIM ends up in the marketplace nowadays.

In current tablet market, no device can sale themselves. You gotta present it.
    01-27-12 08:26 AM

Uh...

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-27-12 09:21 AM
    my friends were impressed when i showed them how my playbook works. Playbook is seriously lacking marketing. A lot of people saw my playbook and went, "blackberry makes tablets?" hope that RIM will take OS 2.0 as a point to start marketing it more.
    Why would RIM spend money to advertise a product they're selling for a loss?
    01-27-12 09:26 AM
    I find it interesting that some people still think that a lack of advertising is the sole reason for the dismal sales.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-27-12 10:04 AM
    Uh...
    Enlighten me.
    01-27-12 10:07 AM
    Enlighten me.
    BB + PB (two device) setup being better than any phone. It should be.
    Some folks will argue that it isn't though.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-27-12 10:16 AM
    I have been a Palm Pilot user for many years. Remember Palm Pilots? Never had a smart phone.

I liked the Palm Pilot form but they never worked well enough to be truly useful. I always
    thought, "If only everything worked on it and it could multitask and if it had a little bigger screen".

I never considered getting a BB phone, I thought I would get an Android when the time came.

When the PB was released I could see this was the perfect size. I bought a 32G when the sale came in November. A week later I bought another 32G for my wife. We were so impressed with the build quality ease of use and the stability of QNX we bought a Torch 9810 for the bridge. This is such a good set up we will probably get a second BB phone.

We then bought a 16G PB for our daughter. Her husband has a BB. When he was shopping for a tablet a salesman at Staples told him the PB was not good and that he could not bridge it to his BB. He bought an Android tablet but returned it a week later. He now has their PB bridged to his BB. Their family loves the PB.

We have also bought about $300.00 in accessories and apps for all these new devices.

If Blackberry brought out the PB to attract consumers to their products, it worked on us.

Three PB a 9810 and another future BB phone. Plus my daughter's family will stick to BB. I believe they were considering switching to an iphone.

When shopping for the PB, every retail store but one had no knowledge of the PB and were not interested in selling one to us. It was like they were saying, "Are you sure you want one of these?". I don't understand this attitude.
    ronconet likes this.
    01-27-12 10:57 AM
    .................................................. .............................................
    Three PB a 9810 and another future BB phone. Plus my daughter's family will stick to BB. I believe they were considering switching to an iphone.
    When shopping for the PB, every retail store but one had no knowledge of the PB and were not interested in selling one to us. It was like they were saying, "Are you sure you want one of these?". I don't understand this attitude.
    Lucky you..I wish I had more of the sales people asking me "Are you sure you want one of these?".
    Little did I know that this will not have Kindle after a year, no netflix, nor skype and ridiculously overpriced apps and to top it off would be available at $ 399, $ 299,$ 249, $ 199 had i not signed myself up for being a beta tester for an unfinished product that still doesn't have the summer, 60 days blah blah os update Yet.
    01-27-12 11:18 AM
    Or maybe if the PB owner sees what an iOS or Android device can do..... and see that they can buy the same freakin app that costs 5 times or 10 times less on their device..seriously
    pb apps arent that expensive.
    01-27-12 02:17 PM
    my friends teamed up 7 on 1, beat me up and took my playbook ...

lol kidding

no really they took my playbook
    01-27-12 02:19 PM
    While I really like the bezel actions on my PB, I don't see lack of home button an advantage.

At least with home button you get tactile feedback.
    If you're into tactile feedback you might want to try a Blackberry model with a full QWERTY keyboard, its go lots of tactile feedback!
    01-27-12 02:43 PM
    If you're into tactile feedback you might want to try a Blackberry model with a full QWERTY keyboard, its go lots of tactile feedback!
    Other brands also have "BB" keyboard clones. PB design is vastly different from existing RIM products in this regard. Regardless, I'm not switching my phone to BB anytime soon.
    01-27-12 03:04 PM
    my friends teamed up 7 on 1, beat me up and took my playbook ...

lol kidding

no really they took my playbook
    Did you get it back yet?
    02-08-12 12:14 AM
    That's how I got a PlayBook. My friend showed me her PlayBook and using it for couple of days, it convinced me to put 'part' of my iPad2 savings on a PlayBook. Showed it to my sister and she loves it. Probably something to do with liking what you don't have. She loves the screen size, camera and the way it looks whereas I envy the apps she has on the iPad2 and wish the Playbook was slightly bigger for better comic reading experience.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-08-12 12:24 AM
    That's how I got a PlayBook. My friend showed me her PlayBook and using it for couple of days, it convinced me to put 'part' of my iPad2 savings on a PlayBook. Showed it to my sister and she loves it. Probably something to do with liking what you don't have. She loves the screen size, camera and the way it looks whereas I envy the apps she has on the iPad2 and wish the Playbook was slightly bigger for better comic reading experience.
    I wouldnt worry about the apps, that looks like it is going to be resolved very quickly. But yeah the screen size is simply a preference.. I like the better portability of the 7inch screen.
    rotorwrench and ralfyguy like this.
    02-08-12 12:32 AM
    I wouldnt worry about the apps, that looks like it is going to be resolved very quickly. But yeah the screen size is simply a preference.. I like the better portability of the 7inch screen.
    If the apps issue gets resolved, this device will be unbeatable
    02-08-12 12:42 AM
    About five of my friends at school have bought playbooks after I let them use mine
    02-08-12 01:02 AM
    About five of my friends at school have bought playbooks after I let them use mine
    student or teacher or professor?

great username!
    02-08-12 02:12 AM
    My iPad owning friend brought his iPad over and while browing and waiting for a page to open, he said "I wish I could do something else while waiting for this page to load up"; to which my android-owning friend replied "PlayBook can do that" and looked at me for approval.

"Really?", asked the iPad owning friend.

"Really", I confirmed.

"Wow, that's so cool", he replied.

Later, I caught the iPad-owning friend playing with my PlayBook and swiping all over the screen with a massive grin on his face, so I took it off him to make him want it more.

It worked.
    02-08-12 05:58 AM
    hope you never showed them the browser.
    You're ill informed sonny

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 06:13 AM
102 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD