One of the best promo videos (HD) to show off your Blackberry Playbook (IMHO) is Breitling's 'Racing For Anna'

closely followed by these two:

enjoy
    Why'd they waste film on the planes!

Nice videos.
    Last edited by F2; 01-25-12 at 09:06 PM.
    01-25-12 09:03 PM
    I always show of my phone features and my playbook.
    01-25-12 09:40 PM
    I read a really iPad biased review one time, and at one point they stated that because the iPad was 9.7" at 1.3lbs and the Playbook is 7" at 0.9lbs, if the Playbook were the iPad's size it would be heavier, when in fact, this assumption was based on a linear progression of size/weight, which it would not likely be, and even if you do assume that, I actually did the math, and if it got heavier at a linear rate it would actually be lighter at 10" than the iPad at 9.7"! Just goes to show how biased people can be about it sometimes... I really hate when reviewers take points off for the size, I mean for frigs sake, IT'S A PREFERENCE, it should not be factored into the scoring of the device. One thing you can't deny, the way the Playbook feels heavier than the iPad because of it's size/weight distribution, when in fact it's lighter, gives it the most solid feeling that will never actually tire your muscles.
    01-25-12 09:41 PM
    Been preaching the Playbook gospel myself lately. So many have no clue. So many irobots out there with blinders on. I have a nice Pc, and a Dell laptop collecting dust too! The only thing I use them for are backups and transferring files. Go Rim Go!
    01-25-12 10:44 PM
    I just upgraded my phone from a curve to a 9930 today. What an amazing device!! The verizon store had NO RIM products on display. Had to go to the back room to get a 9930 and really tried to talk me into something else. Six tablets, no PB. I have two PBs. A 32 since launch and a new 64. My partner also has a BB phone and two PBs. These are all amazing. What I don't understand is how RIM can produce such fantastic products and market them so poorly.
    01-25-12 11:03 PM
    I just upgraded my phone from a curve to a 9930 today. What an amazing device!! The verizon store had NO RIM products on display. Had to go to the back room to get a 9930 and really tried to talk me into something else. Six tablets, no PB. I have two PBs. A 32 since launch and a new 64. My partner also has a BB phone and two PBs. These are all amazing. What I don't understand is how RIM can produce such fantastic products and market them so poorly.
    They had had no need to market for a long time. Corporations were locked up and that image/reputation sold them to others. Times change and reputations suffer.
    01-25-12 11:29 PM
    i have the original ipad, just holding the pb feels way nicer. Its like holding a sexy lady
    01-25-12 11:47 PM
    Showed my 1 month old PB to my friends last weekend and they were amazed. One of them will sell his ipad 2 to get a 64 PB..
    Showed to my brother in law 2 days ago, he has a galaxy 7+ and when i showed him the capabilities of PB (bridge, HD video recording, browser), he's jealous and my sister (his wife) asked him to buy one for her..ahahaha. When we compared to open the same youtube video, PB browser opened faster and the youtube video was clearer and sharp then in his galaxy. He has to get another internet account for his galaxy while i just use the bridge and it's faster..

What a beautiful combination, my PB and my 9860..
    01-26-12 12:13 AM
    I'm sure RIM loves to sell the PBs for a loss.
    Berryuman likes this.
    01-26-12 01:04 AM
    I'm sure RIM loves to sell the PBs for a loss.
    We dont know what the cost is to make them.. Amazon and Barnes and Noble can sell their tablets for the same price and have similar specs.. So if they are losing money it wont be much and they easily make it back by people buying apps.
    01-26-12 01:05 AM
    Just look what they were selling Kindles for (a loss). Then the Kindle fire had record sales. Consumers envy what others have obtained. Its just human nature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-12 07:54 AM
    It's funny because a few months back when the $200 sale was on I was tweeting what a good deal it was... man the amount of people that responded back trying to convince me not to get it was ********. I said to them any tablet at all on the market with these specs is a good deal! I sold my original iPad for $330 and picked up an open box playbook for $160. Man did I win! I can't get over how much more I enjoy my playbook and better it is over my iPad, and that's without all the fancy apps and email! I am thinking of picking up a 64GB now.

Now I have what I call twitter wars with the people on twitter telling everyone about the playbook and how I enjoy it.. (it drives people with iPads crazy cause there is no way a blackberry product beats the apple symbol) hah all I can say is I can't wait till they bring out the next playbook. This time I will be first in line!
    01-26-12 08:57 AM
    I showed my friend and he completely disregarded all the good features and was only concerned about Netflix and Skype. Nothing else mattered. There was this strange glaze in his eyes, and then he went into the other room and donned this weird robe and tried to get me to join a cult. All of a sudden this celestial being appeared in a nimbus of bright, bright light and offered us everlasting paradise, and my friend asked "ya but dood, you got Netflix and Skype??" And I was all liek "ya inorite!?"
    01-26-12 09:05 AM
    People have these "knee j e r k" opinions about things they're uneducated on and may only have the capacity to be influenced by the media with an inability to make decisions on their own by doing any type of research. The inability to make a decision using critical thinking or one based on needs instead of wants or what everybody else has, makes it really easy for the apples and googles to be successful. They've captured the weakmindedness of a consumer audience. Consumers are not typically of a high level of intelligence by design, therefore they'll buy the shiniest product that everybody else buys.

I too show some of these people the power of the playbook and they too are unaware that blackberry makes such great devices.

Another part of the problem has to be when there are a bunch of people stuck in 3 year contacts with an old curve or something, when they are seeing everybody with newer style phones, they look at their curve and don't even consider how there are BB 7 phones available because when they go to upgrade, the sales people are shady, biased, fiends who outright diss blackberry and only promote the other brands.
    So your saying if it wasn't for the Media and biased sales people RIM would sell more products?? My brother has iPad and I have Playbook, when someone tells me the iPad is inferior I think two things. 1: the person has rocks in there head. 2: They must be smoking weed and it is clogging the rocks in their head....... A few weeks ago I went for visit to Bros Home. Brought the Playbook. I took his iPad and he my playbook. We didn't fight or argue. The only negative he had about the Playbook was(Wait for it) NO NATIVE E-MAIL. I would like to have both Playbook and iPad,so would he. Hey could someone please make a PlayPad or iBook?? That would be awesome....... Oh and last thing. What category of consumer do you fall under????????
    Last edited by skier1960; 01-26-12 at 09:43 AM.
    conix67 likes this.
    01-26-12 09:21 AM
    i showed off my playbook to a buddy at work 15 mins ago; he's ordering it NOW
    I just showed the playbook to "myself" ...again ....and think I'm gonna order a 2nd playbook for the family!!! I couldn't be any happier! I'm constantly sitting right next to my desktop pc while flaunting my playbook in front of it while the desktop just sits there! Kinda sad though! LOL
    III 4U2NV III likes this.
    01-26-12 09:42 AM
    All of them were completely amazed it was a Blackberry product. They had NO idea this thing would be that good and 1 of them went and bought one the next day because the price is so good. Maybe if every PB owner let their friends try it out it might be more successful at selling units than another commercial about Flash support.
    It's true, the PB sells itself. I was the first one with the PB in my circle and just brought it everywhere I go. Now there are more PB owners than any other combined, including iPads that I know of.

Although, I have to admit, most of them jumped onboard after the recent sales.
    01-26-12 09:48 AM
    before i'm the only one who have playbook here in hotel, last sunday 10 new playbook arrived for 10 new PB user,
    I'm sure the $199.99 pricing had something to do with that..
    01-26-12 09:48 AM
    It's true, the PB sells itself. I was the first one with the PB in my circle and just brought it everywhere I go. Now there are more PB owners than any other combined, including iPads that I know of.

Although, I have to admit, most of them jumped onboard after the recent sales.
    Seconded. There are several of them around me who purchased PB recently, after seeing mine in action. However, none of them felt that PB is better than iPad to own, but the price made all the difference.
    01-26-12 09:59 AM
    All of them were completely amazed it was a Blackberry product. They had NO idea this thing would be that good and 1 of them went and bought one the next day because the price is so good. Maybe if every PB owner let their friends try it out it might be more successful at selling units than another commercial about Flash support.
    Did my bit with a friend. She went and bought one, but had to fight hard with the Staples salesguy to convince him to sell her one!
    Anyway, I helped her to set it up, which was easy, apart from the fact that her Curve had to be updated with everything OS, App World, Bridge, etc and we did it over a GPRS connection......
    She is very happy.
    01-26-12 01:59 PM
    The best selling point, that wows even the iPad hardcores if they are at least honest, is the lack of home button. The sloppy choice Apple made is simply unexcusable.
    01-26-12 02:03 PM
    The best selling point, that wows even the iPad hardcores if they are at least honest, is the lack of home button. The sloppy choice Apple made is simply unexcusable.
    While I really like the bezel actions on my PB, I don't see lack of home button an advantage.

Often than not, when my PB does not respond, my only choice becomes power button. It's not clear if my swipes are not getting registered, or not swiping correctly, or the app is hung or OS is hung. Rebooting PB takes a long time, and it frustrates me if i had to reboot it.

At least with home button you get tactile feedback.
    Hockey_Fan10 likes this.
    01-26-12 02:16 PM
    This is the kinda thing that happens when you have a superior tablet!
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-26-12 04:19 PM
    This is the kinda thing that happens when you have a superior tablet!
    For the price. It has been discussed to death that while PB is superior in HW construction and OS than many competitors in several ways, it's still not able to compete at the same price point, which needs to be FIXED.
    blue-b likes this.
    01-26-12 05:18 PM
    my friends were impressed when i showed them how my playbook works. Playbook is seriously lacking marketing. A lot of people saw my playbook and went, "blackberry makes tablets?" hope that RIM will take OS 2.0 as a point to start marketing it more.

Good example would be the nokia lumia. The advertising is insane for that thing. I'm seeing it everywhere! Print, television, web banners... went to a nearby shopping mall and the entire mall from outside to inside were full of advertisement for the lumia.
    01-26-12 05:44 PM
    64gb are all gone within an hour of Toronto, I know, I just spent 2 days looking for one. I finally just settled for a 32gb, which I'll price adjust on Friday. With the 16gb and 32gb are going back on sale, I imagine they'll start moving those stock again.

Side note: The Staples manager kept telling me they have too much stock, no way they'll run out of 16's and 32's when the sale comes back on. Apparently they're sitting on inventory they brought in for Boxing Day. I guess we'll see how well they move with the coming sale...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kdeals-692312/
    01-26-12 09:54 PM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD