Honestly, I've never really wanted one, but was overcome with the price drop.
    So, I'm carrying my new friend all around with me now.

I was in a meeting today and a someone asked me to email her a reminder. So I picked up my berry and emailed her.

Several people needed to be notified, so I texted them.

In the middle of the discussion, someone needed more info. I said, hang on, wait a minute. I have that info, but it's on my PC at home.

They all said, well, can ya make sure we get it?

I said, sure can. Whipped out my PB, dialed into my PC and got it.

They sat there looking stunned. I got just a bit taller...
    Well played Sir...well played.
    01-25-12 01:20 AM
    Honestly, I've never really wanted one, but was overcome with the price drop.
    So, I'm carrying my new friend all around with me now.

I was in a meeting today and a someone asked me to email her a reminder. So I picked up my berry and emailed her.

Several people needed to be notified, so I texted them.

In the middle of the discussion, someone needed more info. I said, hang on, wait a minute. I have that info, but it's on my PC at home.

They all said, well, can ya make sure we get it?

I said, sure can. Whipped out my PB, dialed into my PC and got it.

They sat there looking stunned. I got just a bit taller...
    The badass card. You just played it. I hope you put on sunglasses on right after that.
    spike12 and modine like this.
    01-25-12 01:29 AM
    Well played Sir...well played.
    Thank you, thank you. (its ms., but it's all good)
    01-25-12 01:48 AM
    The badass card. You just played it. I hope you put on sunglasses on right after that.
    Tee hee. I know I felt like it.
    01-25-12 01:49 AM
    I was an early adopter when it came to owning a playbook. even though the prices went down I wasn't completely sad because it gave 3 family members the opportunity to hop on the badwagon . my sister just moved across the country with her boyfriend and the video calling makes it seem like she hasn't even gone anywhere. plus I know it puts my moms mind at ease knowing that she can see her daughter is okay and not only just hear about it... btw, im typing this on my playbook! p.s the camera is awesome, I use it for all my videos on youtube :P
    01-25-12 02:56 AM
    Lol You wrote "kinda". If you wanna criticize "usage" (even for fun) you gotta use real words not slanguage.
    LOL! Pot . . . Kettle

slanguage ?
    Last edited by Sgian_Dubh; 01-25-12 at 04:18 AM.
    01-25-12 04:13 AM
    I was an early adopter when it came to owning a playbook. even though the prices went down I wasn't completely sad because it gave 3 family members the opportunity to hop on the badwagon . my sister just moved across the country with her boyfriend and the video calling makes it seem like she hasn't even gone anywhere. plus I know it puts my moms mind at ease knowing that she can see her daughter is okay and not only just hear about it... btw, im typing this on my playbook! p.s the camera is awesome, I use it for all my videos on youtube :P
    Yeah the video chat is quite good!
    01-25-12 07:32 AM
    I just "sold" one to my dad this weekend after showing him mine. He's 75, but pretty comfortable with technology. Actually, he's getting my 16gb, so I can upgrade to a 64
    01-25-12 08:15 AM
    I just "sold" one to my dad this weekend after showing him mine. He's 75, but pretty comfortable with technology. Actually, he's getting my 16gb, so I can upgrade to a 64
    That my friend, is what I like to call "Winning".
    01-25-12 08:26 AM
    Being from Ontario, I visited a friend up in Winnipeg for a couple of days. I showed him my Playbook the day I was scheduled to leave. I showed off a few apps... called a friend on video chat and the Jotsy Beta app. He really liked the Jotsy app since he is a PhD student and works with publications all the time. I got home from my flight and he phones me using video chat... yes, he got one. And I am a bit jealous because I've had a 16gb since launch and he's got a 64gb for a lesser price. We can be competitive like that :P
    01-25-12 08:50 AM
    Well folks, I ordered mine yesterday from BestBuy for $169.99. From all that I have read and researched, this should be really good. I have always been an Android fan and a rom flash fanatic. But since the company if issuing me a BB Torch this week, I though it was a good idea to buy a PB.

I read that you can use the phone's internet in the PB? Is that right? That would be great since I travel 50% of the time.

A friend of mine showed me his PB and I was surprised. So, yes, that's the kind of advertisement BB needs.
    01-25-12 08:59 AM
    The daughter of my co-worker [reference my post early on] reported that when she went to purchase her Playbook yesterday, she had a dreadful time finding anyone with stock. She's down Niagara way ... Staples were sold out ... and they called other stores ... all were sold out. She then went to WalMart where she got the very last one.
    01-25-12 09:08 AM
    The daughter of my co-worker [reference my post early on] reported that when she went to purchase her Playbook yesterday, she had a dreadful time finding anyone with stock. She's down Niagara way ... Staples were sold out ... and they called other stores ... all were sold out. She then went to WalMart where she got the very last one.
    Was the person looking for the 64gb? I've been to stores where they have decent inventory for the 16s and the 32s, but the 64s were very scarce.
    01-25-12 09:23 AM
    Well folks, I ordered mine yesterday from BestBuy for $169.99. From all that I have read and researched, this should be really good. I have always been an Android fan and a rom flash fanatic. But since the company if issuing me a BB Torch this week, I though it was a good idea to buy a PB.

I read that you can use the phone's internet in the PB? Is that right? That would be great since I travel 50% of the time.

A friend of mine showed me his PB and I was surprised. So, yes, that's the kind of advertisement BB needs.
    Take a look at the demo video of 2.0 that should be rolling out in a few weeks. Game changer. Vid should be somewhere on this site. Using your handset as a remote for Playbook HDMI out to a large screen is truly amazing. Not to mention all of the other Bridging advantges.
    01-25-12 10:54 AM
    Was the person looking for the 64gb? I've been to stores where they have decent inventory for the 16s and the 32s, but the 64s were very scarce.
    64gb are all gone within an hour of Toronto, I know, I just spent 2 days looking for one. I finally just settled for a 32gb, which I'll price adjust on Friday. With the 16gb and 32gb are going back on sale, I imagine they'll start moving those stock again.

Side note: The Staples manager kept telling me they have too much stock, no way they'll run out of 16's and 32's when the sale comes back on. Apparently they're sitting on inventory they brought in for Boxing Day. I guess we'll see how well they move with the coming sale...
    01-25-12 11:56 AM
    i showed off my playbook to a buddy at work 15 mins ago; he's ordering it NOW
    01-25-12 11:59 AM
    I'm sure she was ... We don't have all the details ... but knowing the girl, she's very cost conscious and probably wanted the 64 gig. It's the one that's most cost-effective.
    01-25-12 12:07 PM
    Love reading these stories. RIM should reward people who spread the word. Like when u register your playbook, put a reference section for the PIN of the referer so they get a premium app or something
    01-25-12 12:15 PM
    Yeah lots of PB in my lectures lately as well. The price change seems to be a telling sign that people aren't ready to fork out the same price for an ipad for a smaller screen and less apps, BUT if you were to offer it at a lower price, I don't there is any comparison that the PB is the tablet to beat.

That was the reason I bought one, otherwise I had no plans buying any tablet.
    Same here, didn't feel the need to have a tablet after using a laptop all day. Plus the price change served as a big motivator for me. They have achieved similar success with the Kindle Fire mainly due to the price, size & content. Now, if only RIM could push for more apps. I was content with doing some light browsing on my laptop from work or on my BB and then on my iPhone when at home. All that has changed now as I prefer to save my browsing for the PB.
    Last edited by sdk1; 01-25-12 at 01:43 PM.
    01-25-12 01:32 PM
    Love reading these stories. RIM should reward people who spread the word. Like when u register your playbook, put a reference section for the PIN of the referer so they get a premium app or something
    that would be sweet, I have a number of people that have them now after playing with mine. While I know all systems have an equivalent to the video chat (and sometimes something better), it is a good way to grab peoples interest so they ask to play with it. Everyone is amazed with how easy the interface is to use.
    01-25-12 03:32 PM
    In my school there are only a few people that do use BB's, and I'm actually the only one with a PB in the entire school, and don't get me wrong here, my school is enormous.

The great thing about this is... I'm an adult, I decide what I buy and what I enjoy, sure I get alot of hate coming towards me that ''It's too small for a tablet'', that ''BB's are slow/clunky/thick/whatever'', oh well.. you know the drill.

Anyway, as an Adult, YOU get to decide what YOU enjoy.

A famous quote I like to bring up here : ''It's okay to not like things.. but don't be a moron about it.'' However alot of people nowadays simply don't get that.
    kemj and ralfyguy like this.
    01-25-12 03:54 PM
    I simply don't understand how someone can waste his time and breath with belittling others for what choice they made. Especially if it doesn't meet their own restricted intellect. I personally don't care what anyone else's choice is, because it is none of my business, unless it's affecting others in a negative way. Those kind of people simply need to get a life, because it seems they have nothing else to get off on. This kinda stuff is Kindergarden grade and shows how dumb they are.
    01-25-12 06:09 PM
    One of the best promo videos (HD) to show off your Blackberry Playbook (IMHO) is Breitling's 'Racing For Anna'

closely followed by these two:

You can use VGRABBER or YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER HD to create an MP4

enjoy
    01-25-12 06:58 PM
    Love the idea but the referral program should be for new hardware for the referrer. Word of mouth can be an effective way to sell products. The more blackberry fans showing off the latest and greatest from RIM to their friends and family, the more product RIM moves.

Plus, it's a way to show RIM's good side, and get around the media's reporting about RIM, which has been excessively negative for a while now.
    01-25-12 07:23 PM
    One of the best promo videos (HD) to show off your Blackberry Playbook (IMHO) is Breitling's 'Racing For Anna'

closely followed by these two:

You can use VGRABBER or YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER HD to create an MP4

enjoy
    I have a Breitling watch and a PlayBook.. I am Boss.
    01-25-12 07:52 PM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD