All of them were completely amazed it was a Blackberry product. They had NO idea this thing would be that good and 1 of them went and bought one the next day because the price is so good. Maybe if every PB owner let their friends try it out it might be more successful at selling units than another commercial about Flash support.
    01-24-12 06:49 PM
    The OS really speaks for itself. People just need to use it.
    cl8baller likes this.
    01-24-12 06:51 PM
    congratulations! you are successful in your marketing skills! btw the new CEO said he will hire a CMO. just in case you are interested!
    01-24-12 07:10 PM
    People have these "knee j e r k" opinions about things they're uneducated on and may only have the capacity to be influenced by the media with an inability to make decisions on their own by doing any type of research. The inability to make a decision using critical thinking or one based on needs instead of wants or what everybody else has, makes it really easy for the apples and googles to be successful. They've captured the weakmindedness of a consumer audience. Consumers are not typically of a high level of intelligence by design, therefore they'll buy the shiniest product that everybody else buys.

I too show some of these people the power of the playbook and they too are unaware that blackberry makes such great devices.

Another part of the problem has to be when there are a bunch of people stuck in 3 year contacts with an old curve or something, when they are seeing everybody with newer style phones, they look at their curve and don't even consider how there are BB 7 phones available because when they go to upgrade, the sales people are shady, biased, fiends who outright diss blackberry and only promote the other brands.
    Last edited by buckwylder; 01-24-12 at 07:33 PM.
    amccray5, fanatical, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    01-24-12 07:13 PM
    Yeah I'm really proud of their OS. They really did a super job with it, its not only preferable for many people to use, but its just very unique. I love it.
    Maybe if every PB owner let their friends try it out it might be more successful at selling units than another commercial about Flash support.
    lol you may be right! We may have to step up as the new and improved RIM marketing team.. Heins did say he will do something about marketing and I hope he does, as I find it is one of their biggest flaws. And you're absolutely right about everyone loving the OS. It very much takes most people by surprise when they see the logo on the back.

People have these "knee j e r k" opinions about things they're uneducated on and may only have the capacity to be influenced by the media with an inability to make decisions on their own by doing any type of research. The inability to make a decision using critical thinking or one based on needs instead of wants or what everybody else has, makes it really easy for the apples and googles to be successful. They've captured the weakmindedness of a consumer audience. Consumers are not typically of a high level of intelligence by design, therefore they'll buy the shiniest product that everybody else buys.

I too show some of these people the power of the playbook and they too are unaware that blackberry makes such great devices.
    I couldn't agree more. They are really losing the marketing race. I know many people, some that are even close to me talk bad about blackberry and just seem them as junk. When I showed one person how great my battery life was on my 9700, they said "Oh, but that's not a real smartphone..". The kicker, though, is that none of these people ever tried a Blackberry before, not even used one for two seconds. That is a lot of people out there that are automatically shunned from the product
    Last edited by apengue1; 01-24-12 at 07:25 PM.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-24-12 07:19 PM
    before i'm the only one who have playbook here in hotel, last sunday 10 new playbook arrived for 10 new PB user,
    kbz1960 and hpjrt like this.
    01-24-12 07:29 PM
    Good work! Keep showing off that PlayBook!
    01-24-12 07:42 PM

Another part of the problem has to be when there are a bunch of people stuck in 3 year contacts with an old curve or something, when they are seeing everybody with newer style phones, they look at their curve and don't even consider how there are BB 7 phones available because when they go to upgrade, the sales people are shady, biased, fiends who outright diss blackberry and only promote the other brands.
    You are 100% correct! That is exactly what's going on. And at the same time these exact people treat you like an outsider and call you stupid just because you don't blow into their horn. You sometimes feel like you're surrounded by mindless robots. Kinda like in that show WALL-E on that big ship with all those fatties sitting helpless in their moving chairs, getting showered with BS from huge screens. The only thing missing was iPads in their hands to perfect the picture.
    01-24-12 08:05 PM
    All of them were completely amazed it was a Blackberry product. They had NO idea this thing would be that good and 1 of them went and bought one the next day because the price is so good. Maybe if every PB owner let their friends try it out it might be more successful at selling units than another commercial about Flash support.
    What did you show to your friends? I'd like to learn as my friends are not buying.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-24-12 08:23 PM
    I call it "the dumbing down" of the "average consumer". If it doesn't have an "i" in front of it, how could it possibly be any good?

On a more positive note, the daughter of a co-worker, saw a fellow student using a Playbook during a lecture. The student had the same display on her PB as the prof had at the front ... and she was making notes while following along. Knowing how much I use my PB my co-worker suggested her daughter contact me. I pointed her to Crackberry, sent her links to videos from CES as well as the unboxing and firing up videos ... and she just emailed me to say she got one today!

So, news is spreading ... and the news is good. Get it into users' hands and they will love it!
    danimalchil likes this.
    01-24-12 08:28 PM
    I am studying in a foreign country. I was the only one with a playbook, a few of my friends have ipads, another one a xoom and another a galaxy tab. when this semester started 3 of my friends bought a pb for christmas because they saw the convenience of owning a bb and a pb. They have blackberries too and the ability to have internet everywhere without tethering or paying extra fees helped them to make the decision, at first they wanted an ipad but pb price sealed the deal. and the one with the xoom wants to buy a pb because he has a blackberry too.
    01-24-12 08:52 PM
    Great stuff everyone. It is tough to fight the tide of negativity, but it is best fought with the device speaking for itself. I let my brother use it, and he's got an iPhone. He loved it.

You just got to let people play with it.
    01-24-12 09:13 PM
    Another thread about how the Playbook sells itself. These are actually pretty common on this forum, and no surprise to us who own one. This device is the best single piece of tech gear I own. (please note: I have an iPad2, a Kindle Fire, 2 custom PCs, a Nintendo Wii, a Dell laptop, and 2 BlackBerry phones) I choose to use the Playbook at home.
    01-24-12 09:22 PM
    I just showed it to my grandma haha, i had to go fix her computer, she played around with it and told me it was easier to use than her computer which she has had for 2 years and still needs my help to operate it.
    01-24-12 09:24 PM

I love my playbook. Its a great product. But also the iPad and Android tablets are great products. I don't think its quite how you're saying about google and apple duping the general public. They succeed (google and apple) because they make great products (top of the line actually), just like RIM succeeds by making great products
    arikado likes this.
    01-24-12 09:31 PM
    Yeah lots of PB in my lectures lately as well. The price change seems to be a telling sign that people aren't ready to fork out the same price for an ipad for a smaller screen and less apps, BUT if you were to offer it at a lower price, I don't there is any comparison that the PB is the tablet to beat.

That was the reason I bought one, otherwise I had no plans buying any tablet.
    01-24-12 09:34 PM
    What did you show to your friends? I'd like to learn as my friends are not buying.
    Get some new friends
    01-24-12 10:36 PM
    I just got my Playbook today and I am super happy with it!!

I did a ton of research before I got mine (as I do with pretty much anything kind of expensive) and despite the negative reviews out there, I knew this was a hidden gem, especially at the current price point. I was THIS close to getting a Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, or a Xoom/Galaxy, but I'm glad I got the PB instead.

I'm mostly amazed just how smooth the UI is and how fast the browser is. I love sitting on the couch using it and the battery life. Now all I can hope is that I don't get drunk and lose/break it! Can't wait to show it to all my friends, hopefully they'll all be jealous then go out and buy one so they don't have to be jealous
    PondHockey likes this.
    01-24-12 10:40 PM
    Yeah I'm really proud of their OS. They really did a super job with it, its not only preferable for many people to use, but its just very unique...
    Er, no... it's UNIQUE or it's not. Like a 'little' pregnant.

We whine about autocorrect and predictive text, but we really need a 'usage' corrector.

... all just in fun... kinda
    01-24-12 10:43 PM

We whine about autocorrect and predictive text, but we really need a 'usage' corrector.

Lol You wrote "kinda". If you wanna criticize "usage" (even for fun) you gotta use real words not slanguage.
    01-24-12 10:54 PM
    I havn't really let anyone try my Playbook yet. A few people actually knew it was a Playbook. I can't exactly explain how to use it to them. It just came naturally to me trying things out. Maybe I should let my friends try it out more often when they ask how it is.
    01-24-12 11:04 PM
    I call it "the dumbing down" of the "average consumer". If it doesn't have an "i" in front of it, how could it possibly be any good?
    I take offense to your comment about 'i' in front of everything cannot be good. I watch iCarly in the early morning hours if my dogs have awaken me to let them into the backyard.
    01-24-12 11:11 PM

I do know if its because its late at night or anything, but I don't really get your post! lol
    01-24-12 11:22 PM
    That's awesome to hear.

I was at a friend's house a couple weekends ago and there were 5 tablets out in the open. 3 iPads, a Xoom and my PB. A couple of my buddies tried my PB and were on it for a bit. Nothing was really said, I'm kinda assuming even if it did impress them somewhat that they wouldn't admit to it. I think so many people have bad tastes in their mouths with their experience of OS 5/6 devices that even an impressive BB tablet wouldn't interest them just bc you barely see people with them.

I also recently had lunch w/a friend and we got on the subject of tablets (we're both techies) and when I told him what I had and how much I love my PB, he basically laughed. He went on to tell me how a friend of his loved her HP WebOS tablet and look where they ended up.
    01-25-12 12:02 AM
    Honestly, I've never really wanted one, but was overcome with the price drop.
    So, I'm carrying my new friend all around with me now.

I was in a meeting today and a someone asked me to email her a reminder. So I picked up my berry and emailed her.

Several people needed to be notified, so I texted them.

In the middle of the discussion, someone needed more info. I said, hang on, wait a minute. I have that info, but it's on my PC at home.

They all said, well, can ya make sure we get it?

I said, sure can. Whipped out my PB, dialed into my PC and got it.

They sat there looking stunned. I got just a bit taller...
    01-25-12 12:24 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD