12-31-12 01:17 PM
40 12
tools
    How was Blackberry support rude to you?

You paid for the device they should get it running now or offer you a refund.
    But he didn't technically pay for it yet. He cancelled his order and basically stole the PlayBooks until he has a chance to pay for them on the 19th. The Staples system won't allow purchases of the PlayBook until that date. If he did pay money, it was to his friend who helped take the device out of storage which I'm sure will be paid for eventually, but at this point, he hasn't paid for crap.

For the record, I have no problem with how this went down, I'm just explaining why RIM should not be bending backwards for this dude.
    04-15-11 01:39 PM
    I am willing to email my receipt to anyone. i bought three of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, so my above post may be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Staples computer system won't allow any PlayBook purchases at this time. Is it a Staples receipt from their registers, or was it somehow duped into paying that amount for something else and later on the "error" will be fixed as to not screw up inventory?
    04-15-11 01:42 PM
    It has that same gray bar on the bottom. In Kevin's review thread I noted that and someone said they thought it would be where the S/N would be displayed. Not on this one at least.

So perhaps as I surmised it is where a possible future SD card slot would go.....
    04-15-11 01:55 PM
    I got mine yesterday too, but not from Staples, work just handed it to me,, 10am, I got all excited and then found this blog when I could not hit the ID server... so STRIKE ONE. Can't play with new toy. Disappointing. I didnt even steal it, RIM sent it to us and it doesnt work (YET).
    04-15-11 02:19 PM
    But he didn't technically pay for it yet. He cancelled his order and basically stole the PlayBooks until he has a chance to pay for them on the 19th. The Staples system won't allow purchases of the PlayBook until that date. If he did pay money, it was to his friend who helped take the device out of storage which I'm sure will be paid for eventually, but at this point, he hasn't paid for crap.

For the record, I have no problem with how this went down, I'm just explaining why RIM should not be bending backwards for this dude.
    I ordered mine through our corporate vendor. did not ask for a side deal or anything shady. It still showed up at my office yesterday.
    I am a corporate user of BES server and have thirty someodd BB users as as such have a BB service contract.
    If I called support right now I would fully expect two things -
    1. that they would politely tell me that all bets are off until the official release dates
    and
    2. that they would be polite and proffessional.

I certainly don't think they would regard me as a thief for having the device in possesion.
    04-15-11 02:20 PM
    I would at least rather have one knowing I'll have it and it will work on the 19th. I have a pre-order with Best Buy and have no clue when I'll receive it.
    04-15-11 02:22 PM
    True, they shouldn't be nasty to him, but I was responding to people who think RIM should be changing their release plans based on this guy getting a PlayBook.
    04-15-11 02:24 PM
    FYI it is up and running now, software updating as we speak
    04-18-11 12:56 AM
    Nice what is the latest is build number
    04-18-11 01:02 AM
    How long did the software update take?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 02:07 AM
    my is up running however where is Android....
    04-18-11 08:45 AM
    my is up running however where is Android....
    As has been mentioned here many times, Android app compatibility is going to be available soon, not at launch. And for what its worth, today isn't launch, so you MAY find another update tomorrow. And it won't have the Android emulator either.
    04-18-11 08:51 AM
    Hey Ciaoo7
    Can you tell me what location you purchased your unit from? I've called to a number of staples and they are turning me away?!
    Any help would be great!

Thanks
    04-18-11 03:01 PM
    i bought one playbook today but neither one are working. I can not choose a language in the blackberry agreement. I can not go over the next screen. i get a message that says unable to display Blackberry id agreement please select your country and language, then try again.
    12-31-12 12:29 PM
    1. plug into wall outlet
    2. make sure youre in a wifi zone as BBPB needs internet access
    3. create bb id using an email according to instructions

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-31-12 01:17 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD