Don't ask me how I was so stupid, but today I got busy and left my Playbook on the driveway in front of my car......OUCH!!!!! The incredible thing is it still boots up and the screen, even though it's shattered, looks great, the problem is the touch screen mechanism is broken. This is one sturdy machine.

If I replace it will getting my apps back be an easy process?

Any suggestions on good deals?

I wish everyone a great weekend May God Bless +++

Billy
    11-30-12 02:33 PM
    F2 will be coming along shortly with the support number so you can call RIM and try to have them fix it, but I don't think that kind of damage is covered by the 1 year warranty.
    11-30-12 02:47 PM
    Apps will be easy to replace on a new device, provided you use the same BB ID... just go to app world and, my world... go to uninstalled and reinstall the ones you want... easy.

Tablets | Tablets & iPad | Computers & Tablets : BlackBerry_PlayBook_20110419 - Best Buy

Amazon.com: Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (32GB): Computers & Accessories
    11-30-12 02:58 PM
    Walmart has the 32 GB on sale this week for $128 I think. I can't remember the exact price but for less than $150 taxes in you'll have a new one.

Maybe if you've been a good boy, or girl, Santa will bring you a new one! haha
    11-30-12 03:04 PM
    Don't ask me how I was so stupid, but today I got busy and left my Playbook on the driveway in front of my car......OUCH!!!!! The incredible thing is it still boots up and the screen, even though it's shattered, looks great, the problem is the touch screen mechanism is broken. This is one sturdy machine.

If I replace it will getting my apps back be an easy process?

Any suggestions on good deals?

I wish everyone a great weekend May God Bless +++

Billy
    I believe that getting your apps will be simple because from what I read, it is all linked to your ID number. The knowledgable people here will probably be able to tell you how to use your BB ID on your new device. Once you have that you can open up AppWorld and redownload all of you previous apps. You maybe able to use your backup file to put it back to the way it was on your old PB after you register your new one... but again, wait for someone more knowledgable than I to confirm that.

As for good deals, check the boards here. I sometimes see people post threads to sales of the PB. I think recently there has been a post on one the the PB forums about an Office Depot sale. I personally try not to look at them because I REALLY want to to upgrade but don't have the money to... therefore it is best for me to avoid the temptation.

Edit: And the knowledgeable people already responded. Darn my wordy-ness and relatively slow typing skills!
    11-30-12 03:04 PM
    I ran over my PLAYBOOK ...Now What?
    Obviously your next step should be to pen an open letter to Thorsten Heins and post it on these forums.
    11-30-12 03:11 PM
    Obviously your next step should be to pen an open letter to Thorsten Heins and post it on these forums.
    WOW can't believe you went there...lol Funny chit ...
    11-30-12 03:25 PM
    Well I broke down and have ordered a new one already. I saw a thread on this forum from today that said Dailysteals.com had the 32gb for $149.00. The one I ran over was a16gb. So I found a way to force myself to upgrade.... Dailydeals seems to be a legit company, they except paypal, that's a good sign.

I'm surprised my wife isn't pissed at me....hmmmmmmmmmm?
    BerryClever likes this.
    11-30-12 03:27 PM
    Who is Thorsten Heins??? LOL LOL LOL
    11-30-12 03:30 PM
    The Prince of Darkness or the King of the Ketchup Kingdom or Darth Vader in the RIMpire. :-)
    11-30-12 03:37 PM
    First - sorry. Second, lots of links to sales in the last few days.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    diegonei and jmjiloveyou like this.
    11-30-12 03:53 PM
    Made me laugh. Nice one.
    11-30-12 04:16 PM
    Some would say he's the Devil Incarnate. I like to call him The Real Slim Shady.
    11-30-12 04:55 PM
    Is it a 10" tablet now?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    reschp likes this.
    11-30-12 04:58 PM
    Is it a 10" tablet now?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    Go ahead.. kick him while he's down.
    11-30-12 04:59 PM
    OP,

Still sounds like if you had a bb phone then maybe the bridge could work and also the htmi to tv/monitor. Ah, probably shouldn't be operating it at this stage anyway.

Anyway, reminds me of a question I've had. Does a bb phone need to be activated to use as a remote with the PB?
    11-30-12 05:09 PM
    If your micro USB port is still functional, try performing a backup with DM, and restore it to the new one once it arrives.

Good luck!
    11-30-12 05:09 PM
    Billy, Billy, Billy, Pickup your toys!!!!!

Walmart 32gb Playbook $128 Canadian,

probably shouldn't use it as a repair ramp!!!! (not enough lift to make it worth while)

Feel bad for you man!!!
    jmjiloveyou likes this.
    11-30-12 09:25 PM