My wife had to go to Denver to pickup our returning exchange student from Peru & I knew the sales went off today. Got on Office Depot's site on my Lenovo K1 (yes, an Android tablet) & found a store convenient for her & she grabbed me the 64GB.

Our local Staples only carries the 16gb & hasn't had any good deals, but I played with it everytime we were in there & I was wowed.

Of course, Office Depot's telling my wife as they're selling it to her, "you know they aren't making these anymore, don't you". I like my Lenovo K1, but I really like the size of the Playbook & from what I've played with the one in Staples, it seems snappier.

Now, to make my wife happy, I'll need it to stream Xfinity...that's her video site & I haven't got it working on the K1 yet.
    02-10-12 02:42 PM
    You've probably bought at the perfect time; I'm pretty sure we'll see OS2 drop week after next, and there should be a good number of new apps released at the same time.

In a couple of months I think the PB will be seen MUCH differently by the public.
    02-10-12 02:55 PM
    I hope so, the bad press along with these types of stories from the folks in the stores is a bit concerning. I was told by one Telus store the same thing. I told them I find that hard to believe considering the new O/S will be out this month. He didn't have much to say after that.
    02-10-12 03:02 PM
    I had to tell the telus dude that the playbook 3g/hspa+ version was coming soon and is probally why telus was dumping them.. He said it was a fire sale, and i said, maybe for telus, but not rimm.

Funny.. All the reps where using them lol.
    02-10-12 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD