Thanks to goodereader.com
    Super smooth installation. I have downloaded a dozen apps. Thanks a thousand times!
    dkip likes this.
    02-26-12 07:21 AM
    It appears that domain name is for sale. How long do you think you'll have for support and continuation of your app?
    02-26-12 07:25 AM
    It appears that domain name is for sale. How long do you think you'll have for support and continuation of your app?
    Works fine for me

Si.
    02-26-12 07:42 AM
    For me too. One just has to install a programme on one's pc, link in developer mode to the PB, and install with that programme the apps downloaded to the PB. Instructions are very comprehensive. One minute later, I had my kindle library available and have downloaded a couple of books onto the PlayBook.
    02-26-12 07:51 AM
    Make sure you type the "e" in goodereader in the url.

I sideloaded Pandora, Words with Friends, and StumbleUpon.
    02-26-12 08:17 AM
    02-26-12 08:23 AM
    Just ordered in the Kindle 3 in white (just to be different I guess) it has free 3g + wifi.
    Also ordered in the leather case with light and a clip they recommend for the rear of the case as a safety measure should the case open up. It holds the Kindle in place.

I primarily need a good ereader. This fit the bill over the PB as there isn't a need for tethering, etc. Granted it's not fancy but I want to start to read more. The Kindle 3 made for sence for my needs. IMHO, of course.
    03-13-12 12:30 PM
    Just ordered in the Kindle 3 in white (just to be different I guess) it has free 3g + wifi.
    Also ordered in the leather case with light and a clip they recommend for the rear of the case as a safety measure should the case open up. It holds the Kindle in place.

I primarily need a good ereader. This fit the bill over the PB as there isn't a need for tethering, etc. Granted it's not fancy but I want to start to read more. The Kindle 3 made for sence for my needs. IMHO, of course.
    That's a reasonable decision. Battery life alone can be a selling point. I've taken both the K3 (wifi only) and playbook on a few trips and use them in different scenarios. But on a car camping trip to the Sierra, the pb stayed home and the kindle was the camping/hiking companion.
    03-13-12 01:21 PM
    Good mix. I bought the basic Kindle 3 first, then my wife bought a Kindle Fire (we're both big readers). Then OS2 dropped on 2/21, and the PB was available for the price of the Fire, and my birthday was coming up, so........

The basic Kindle 3 is lighter, but the "experimental" browser is kinda lame. I have a use for both, and am pleased with both. But the PB is my special pet!

Harry
    03-13-12 08:22 PM
    does anyone know if there is a way to drag books onto the kindle for playbook? or does it only allow you to view books from the kindle site? for example, if i had a drm free book downloaded, could i put it on kindle for playbook?
    03-21-12 10:05 PM
    never mind i answered my own question by testing it and yes you can!!
    03-21-12 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD