I had a problem with my pb screen not registering touches. I sent it rma, and got it back today, but when I went to turn it on, the red led came on, and then it started flashing red 2 times. I called back to RIM, and they suggested to leave it charging over night. Is that right? Im hoping its that simple, but its been on the charger for an hour, and neither the charger, nor my pb are warm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Alpha Prime Hybrid using CrackBerry via Tapatalk
    06-29-12 09:27 PM
    Yes, recharge the tablet overnight making sure the connector is firmly planted into the socket. Leave the tablet powered off until morning.
    06-29-12 10:16 PM
    See if the following has that as an indication:

Knowledge Base Article

KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics
    06-29-12 10:18 PM
    I love the Rapid Charger, makes quick work of charging the Playbook.
    06-29-12 11:17 PM
    Patience Young Grasshopper
    06-30-12 12:33 AM
    well, thats not the problem. so RIM suggested to reload the os, so I'll do that when i get off work. hopefully that works.

06-30-12 03:31 PM
    How quick is it?I just bought one
    06-30-12 08:49 PM
    2-3 hours, depending on battery level at the time. But more importantly, it saves wear and tear on the USB port - it's like an Apple "mag safe" connector in that it's magnetic, "frictionless" and won't send your PB flying if you accidentally bump the cord.

Note: That's the standard charging "brick" version. The "dock" version is even simpler - just set the PB into the angled "slot" - and makes a great bedside companion along with something like Antair Nightstand running.

I have both, so...

RCK
    07-01-12 02:16 AM
    So, i got home, and reloaded the os, and my pb works!! I am happy now.

kbz1960 likes this.
    07-01-12 02:27 AM
    Thanks for reporting back. I can feel the calm spreading over WA state all the way to the sound!
    07-01-12 08:48 AM
    I have to wonder, did you get your repaired pb back or a different one? Also wonder why they sent one with such a low battery and needing an OS reload?

I guess at least you have a working pb.
    07-01-12 09:58 AM
    Thanks for reporting back. I can feel the calm spreading over WA state all the way to the sound!

oh, yeah, you have no idea. My wife is feeling the calm more-so because my addiction is now sated

07-01-12 07:40 PM
    I have to wonder, did you get your repaired pb back or a different one? Also wonder why they sent one with such a low battery and needing an OS reload?

I guess at least you have a working pb.

They sent me my pb back. But the other, I have no idea. Even tech support couldnt understand why rma sent it back in such a state. Im just glad to have it back and working.

07-01-12 07:44 PM
    From my experience the rapid charger is about 1/2 hour faster from 0-100%.
    I think the PB tops out at around 9W while charging. The benefit of the rapid charger is the ability to keep that same charge rate while using it. If you were to use the standard charger while using the PB the charging would slow down.
    07-01-12 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD