So I got the 16gb pb now but with less than 500 mb free it's quickly becoming a little problematic to store new videos and such on the device. But I don't know what is taking up all the storage. Sure I've got a few big apps/games on there, let's say they account for about 2/2,3 gigs. Then, music, no more than 1,45 gigs orso. Own files, documents etc. 800 mb max. 700 mb worth of photo's. That's no more than 6 gigs.

What the happened to the other 10 GIGABYTES?

Okay I understand the OS takes some space, anyone got any clue as to how much it takes? No more than 3 or 4 gigs right?

One more thing that could be it is the stored e-mails from my account, but that can't be too huge either, right?
    03-22-12 05:40 AM
    You can get a bit better handle on what's taking up space by using Win Explorer (mac equivalent) via usb or wif-sharing. Find your pb, under the Media folder will be a variety of subfolders. RightClick on each and you can review PROPERTIES. That shows space used in each folder in turn. So, for instance, Rightclick on Music, photos, videos and get an idea. Videos can be a hefty fraction of a gig or even more.

How many apps have you installed and which ones? From what we know, the SIZE shown in appworld represents a probably compressed size (for transport) and it gets expanded once installed. So apps take up space. I don't know about email storage.
    03-22-12 08:52 AM
    I right clicked all the media folders. That's how I got the estimates on those. Does anyone know how to track the App folders or see their size? I've got several games like Asphalt HD, Modern Combat HD, Deadspace, Monopoly and now GT Racing HD. I know they use a lot of memory, does anyone have a more precise figure on that?
    03-22-12 08:55 AM
    You should have about 14.5 free on a 16g.
    Your looking at free storage and not free memory correct?
    03-22-12 08:56 AM
    UPDATE:

I just deleted Asphalt HD, with a supposed storage usage of 568 mb (according to Appworld). I went from 340 mb free to 1,14 gigs (according to My Computer, Files & Folders indicates 1,4 gigs (no typo).
    Now assuming that I were to delete the other three remaining games as well that would give me an additional 2,5 gigs. Still nowhere near the suppsoed 14,5 gigs I'm supposed to have.

The search continues...
    03-22-12 11:13 AM
    As mentioned by F2, the apps are larger then the compressed size shown in app world. APP world is showing the download size.
    03-22-12 11:20 AM
    Don't rely on pc to know space it will count some files twice (android player shortcuts for media files) use the gears in top corner of pb to see space under about/hardware
    03-22-12 11:21 AM
    Ok: PB Native About section says:

Total Free Space 14,7 GB
    Free Storage 1,1 GB

So that's roughly correct then. Still doesn't explain how I can waste 13,6 gb of space.
    03-22-12 11:24 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7170863

Do a wipe then, you might have more files than you think. But I'm sure of what I said as I had a similar issue once.
    03-22-12 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD