Hey all fellow PBer's!

New to the forums...Love CB and need some questions answered.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my Playbook. Have had it since Nov. 2011 and think it's the best electronic purchase I've made in 10 years! Having said that, my only real pet peeve is the inability of the PB to save login info for password protected sites. Over the last 2 years I've really got used to using Lastpass because it's so easy to use and it's ported to so many different platforms....except the Playbook :-(. I've been on a 1 person crusade recently trying to get the folks at Lastpass to port it to the PB but every email I get back from them says that at this point in time they have no intention of porting Lastpass to the PB!. Now I know Lastpass is on Android, and I know PB OS 2.0 will have the capability of running Android apps...just how well?. Some of you who are running OS 2.0 and Lastpass, your comments would be much appreciated. Will this problem (if you will), be adressed in OS 2.0?

I understand that one of the many upgrades in OS 2.0 is the ability to use some BB phones (Bold 9900 comes to mind), as a wireless keyboard to the PB. I have a BB Curve 9360 3G phone and wonder if it posesses the same capability?.

I know we're all chomping at the bit waiting for OS 2.0. I like to install my OS's from scratch...not just updating and having reminants of a previous OS clogging up my hardware. So far I have not been able to find a faq/info/tutorial on how to do this on the PB. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would again be much appreciated!!

Thanks guys! :-)
    Last edited by oobergeek; 02-10-12 at 07:54 AM.
    02-10-12 07:43 AM
    I'm willing to convert and sign the .apk if I can find it.
    I need to know are you a premium member on last pass?
    Seeing as they only make 'Premium' apps for Android.
    All of the apps are free except they have a 14 day trial.
    These are the products they offer for Android:
    LastPass Password Mgr Premium*
    LastPass for Dolphin HD *Prem.
    Xmarks for Premium Customers
    Xmarks for Dolphin HD *Premium
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 02-10-12 at 07:57 AM.
    02-10-12 07:50 AM
    I have no clue on lastpass. Your curve should work the same as a new bold, I haven't seen anything about needing a certain phone or OS for the remote function but there may be.

Oh if you want to start from scratch do a security wipe after backing up and then open dm and plug the pb in while it is off.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 02-10-12 at 07:57 AM.
    02-10-12 07:55 AM
    I'm willing to convert and sign the .apk if I can find it.
    I need to know are you a premium member on last pass?
    Seeing as they only make 'Premium' apps for Android.
    All of the apps are free except they have a 14 day trial.
    These are the products they offer for Android:
    LastPass Password Mgr Premium*
    LastPass for Dolphin HD *Prem.
    Xmarks for Premium Customers
    Xmarks for Dolphin HD *Premium
    No I am not a Lastpass Premium Member, but I could be if it helps?
    02-10-12 08:09 AM
    No I am not a Lastpass Premium Member, but I could be if it helps?
    Please Download it form this website and put it on Mediafire for me.
    LastPass Password Mgr Premium* - Download Android Apps : Android Community - For Application Development
    02-10-12 09:14 AM
    Here's the link:

com.lastpass.lpandroid_v1.80.0.apk
    02-10-12 09:28 AM
    I havent read anything to clarify but I assume the remote control functionality for OS 2.0 is relegated to phones that can bridge to the PB.
    02-10-12 09:34 AM
    It's not a valid .apk...
    If you could find another Lastpass.apk...
    I'll convert and sign.
    02-10-12 09:39 AM
    It's not a valid .apk...
    If you could find another Lastpass.apk...
    I'll convert and sign.
    Here's the link to another .apk

lpandroid.apk

If your conversion doesn't work I'll just use the app for the BB phone, as I didn't know they had an app for the BB's
    02-10-12 10:06 AM
    Here's the link to another .apk

lpandroid.apk

If your conversion doesn't work I'll just use the app for the BB phone, as I didn't know they had an app for the BB's
    It looks like it should work with O.S 2.0.
    I put it on the simulator and it ran, however I didn't have a last-pass account to log in and verify that for you.
    lpandroid.bar
    02-10-12 10:13 AM
    My PB remebers all my user names and passwords once the website is saved as a favorite. Am I missing something?
    02-10-12 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD