My playbook screen wasn't working for several months, and I got another type of tablet b/c I figured there's no way Blackberry would replace it out of warranty, and it was time to try something new. On a whim, I sent it in and was pleasantly surprised they sent me a new one! I wanted to say that I was pleased with RIM/Backberry on this one, and am looking forward to using my playbook again!

Although the other tablet allows me to access my yahoo email without periodically "disconnecting", I really missed the "feel" of using the playbook, and the bridge to my work blackberry 9810, plus I also missed a few playbook apps. There's still lots of folks at work using the playbook in meetings, etc, and I certainly found it handy when travelling.

The whole replacement process took 5 business days from phone call to support to getting a new one delivered this morning! RIM/Blackberry treated me really well.

I just finished setting it up, and am looking forward to getting back to Ghost Commander for ftp access to my Synology network, and Stereo Tube player (which integrates youtube and music on my device). I also like the way I can just hook up directly to my TV/Receiver using HDMI. But will probably stick to my other tablet for the streaming apps such as CTV, Global TV, etc, since they were more reliable on the other tablet.

I now have way too many electronic devices.
    FF22 and dphjeff like this.
    07-12-13 12:18 PM
    Glad to hear you're happy with it!
    07-12-13 01:10 PM
    Good story and results. Enjoy your need delve into an old friend.
    07-12-13 02:49 PM
    Once I got a high end Android tablet I didn't touch the PlayBook for several days. Then I found something lacking in my Note 10.1. I don't know what it was, and I still don't. The feel, the size, the way the PlayBook multitasks, or perhaps the way it works with my Bold over BlackBerry Bridge, I just don't know. But I'm always going back and fourth between the 2 now. I can't use just one or the other. It's weird. I have no explanation. If nothing else when I'm at my desk in the evening, I normally have some podcast going on the PlayBook if I'm using the Note so that I can use them both at the same time. Or it's a Netflix night then I use the Note for that and get on the forums with the PlayBook. I normally do all of my forum posting with the Note or my Bold as they are both so much faster to type on.
    But I always come back to the PlayBook for something that I just enjoy doing more on it than any other device.
    dphjeff and FF22 like this.
    07-12-13 11:52 PM
    I thought I was the only one who feel that way

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-13-13 12:28 AM
    Once I got a high end Android tablet I didn't touch the PlayBook for several days. Then I found something lacking in my Note 10.1. I don't know what it was, and I still don't. The feel, the size, the way the PlayBook multitasks, or perhaps the way it works with my Bold over BlackBerry Bridge, I just don't know. But I'm always going back and fourth between the 2 now. I can't use just one or the other. It's weird. I have no explanation. If nothing else when I'm at my desk in the evening, I normally have some podcast going on the PlayBook if I'm using the Note so that I can use them both at the same time. Or it's a Netflix night then I use the Note for that and get on the forums with the PlayBook. I normally do all of my forum posting with the Note or my Bold as they are both so much faster to type on.
    But I always come back to the PlayBook for something that I just enjoy doing more on it than any other device.
    That is what is sad about the PB debacle. Unless there is a major change of direction (or there is more massive deception), there will be no successor to the PB. Folks who love their ipad or who really like their various Android tablets and the way those devices work can generally look forward to a new unit that works similarly to what they now like. Folks get comfortable with the interface or the size or the shape. They have unique apps that work on a particular device or the device has this oddball all called BRIDGE (full, that is). They want to continue with those devices. Rim/BBRY not only killed BB10 but also most hope for a newer device with the way they handled the pb's entire history or "life story!"
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-13-13 09:05 AM
    I used to miss my PlayBook till I got my Surface RT. I just pulled out my little old friend and decided to cruise the CB app. My PB still looks good and my keyboard with trackpad still rocks. Internet is jittery, forgetaboutit for Tumblr, will load music and add some research and files cause its 64gb. I remember the commercials and when I first bought my PB, I almost immediately noticed the limitations but it is STILL ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED PIECE OF KIT EVER. Though it can't hold a candle to my note 8.0, Surface, or S4. I have a feeling I'll keep it in my coffin when I get put in the ground. Sigh.....we almost did it didn't we.
    07-13-13 06:47 PM
    I once missed my pb and Was distraught beyond belief. I went down to the cellar and forgot it. I immediately bought another seven and if you discount the one my wife stole, I now have one in every important room in the house.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:57 AM
    Agreed the feel of the PlayBook is better than any other tablet out there. I got an ipad mini but while it is an app monster it isn't nearly as nice as my PlayBook. O how I wish BlackRIMBerry didn't throw us PlayBook users away.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-14-13 03:04 PM