i like to be able to use ccleaner, avast (or any other antivirus), messenger, defrag utility, media player, photo editor/viewer any ideas? thanks in advance
    01-21-12 09:51 PM
    on your Playbook?
    01-21-12 09:56 PM
    Wait what? There's a built in media player. And messenger when bridged or the IM+. There are also photo editors in appworld. Not sure why you need the other things.
    01-21-12 10:15 PM
    he wants windows on his playbook so he can have all of the windows annoyances available to him.
    01-21-12 10:25 PM
    You don't need anti-virus or anti-spyware software, the PlayBook security is good enough as-is. You also don't need to defrag it, it's a modern fragmentation resistant filesystem.

Music, video and picture apps are included. The only thing that's not is picture editing, which is in App World.
    peter9477 and alexyov1 like this.
    01-21-12 10:28 PM
    currently, there is no need for anti-virus for the playbook. similarly, you don't really need to clean registry on a nix based system afaik. and, of course, you don't want to defragment flash memory on the playbook. unlike hard drives, there is no benefit to defragging the flash memory. it actually hurts the longetivity of flash memory. that's why you have to disable defrag if you have an SSD on your computer.
    alexyov1 likes this.
    01-21-12 10:33 PM
    i like to be able to use ccleaner, avast (or any other antivirus), messenger, defrag utility, media player, photo editor/viewer any ideas? thanks in advance
    Tell me you're joking
    01-21-12 10:33 PM
    You don't need anti-virus or anti-spyware software, the PlayBook security is good enough as-is. You also don't need to defrag it, it's a modern fragmentation resistant filesystem.

Music, video and picture apps are included. The only thing that's not is picture editing, which is in App World.
    currently, there is no need for anti-virus for the playbook. similarly, you don't really need to clean registry on a nix based system afaik. and, of course, you don't want to defragment flash memory on the playbook. unlike hard drives, there is no benefit to defragging the flash memory. it actually hurts the longetivity of flash memory. that's why you have to disable defrag if you have an SSD on your computer.
    thanks for the answer guys, i'm new to BlackBerry so i didn't know much about the defrag and antivirus, but when it comes to the media player and photo viewer/editor the ones built in are very limited so i was wondering if there's alternatives
    01-21-12 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD