02-15-12 12:23 AM
    Bridge redefined?

BTW, why do you think it's Android? In the second video, you can see Internet Explorer on the pad (this may be just a mockup).
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-15-12 at 12:32 AM.
    02-15-12 12:30 AM
    Very, very interesting. What impressed me most was the chairman saying " How can we improve the user's experience?". Great foundation on which to build design any product.

But I dont know anything about their phones and didn't like the design on that one.
    02-15-12 12:42 AM
    Atrix re-defined?

I like ASUS, but not sure I like that design.
    02-15-12 12:42 AM
    Bridge redefined?

BTW, why do you think it's Android? In the second video, you can see Internet Explorer on the pad (this may be just a mockup).
    I thought I read it would be running ICS or Android 4.0
    02-15-12 12:52 AM
    I think it looks cool and is very cool idea. I don't think its pratical though. Its either you don't protect the phone or you spend so much time taking it in and out of its case. Are we losing the concept of a mobile phone by tieing it to another device?
    02-15-12 12:55 AM
    Sooo...

RIM innovates with bridge
    RIM gets ripped on bc of lack of innovation
    Other product copies RIM
    Other company gets praised

MEDIA MANIPULATION MUCH?
    alnamvet68, kbz1960, kemj and 2 others like this.
    02-15-12 12:55 AM
    I like idea and looks pretty cool. I'd buy one.
    02-15-12 12:57 AM
    The Tech Bloggers don't understand bridge. For someone who works at a company with a BES, the bridge is imperative because I would not otherwise be able to read all of my corp. emails on the PlayBook. When I had my PlayBook stolen, there were no problems with work because nothing sensitive was on the device.

The new OS2.0 bridge functionalities are going to be great, but again, it won't surprise me that the tech bloggers won't realize how useful the bridge technology is in some sectors.
    02-15-12 01:00 AM
    Sooo...

Other product copies RIM

MEDIA MANIPULATION MUCH?
    Yup! Asus cool, Blackberry, well, not anymore.
    02-15-12 03:36 AM
    In my opinion the Asus tablet is too big and sliding the phone in the back is not cool

The commercial was also quite lame/tame...

BB commercials are cooler, show me people on neon bikes, not some D-bag with a man-purse carrying around his 'monitor'
    bmw328i likes this.
    02-15-12 11:04 AM
    This was demod almost a year ago and I thought Asus abandoned it actually. Good to see they are going through with it still. Personally I wouldn't get it but it is thinking outside the box like with the moto dock. I don't think the general tech world will jump on it though.
    02-15-12 11:38 AM
    Sooo...

Other product copies RIM

MEDIA MANIPULATION MUCH?
    How other product copies RIM bridge???
    02-15-12 11:49 AM
    I don't get it. What is the difference between this and carrying a phone and a tab beside the phone fits in the tab? Oh wow he answered his phone using a bt ear piece like you can do with any other phone. Have to admit making the steps turn into a ramp was a good trick. He do that with the phone, the tab or on his own power?

The only I see is the tablet has a holder for your phone so maybe it takes a little less space.
    02-15-12 12:13 PM
    I like the concept on the physical combo.
    I remember this project being "demoed" maybe a year ago, at this time I was very excited.
    Since, nothing but 7" for me ... and no need to dock my phone, thanks to bridge.
    02-15-12 12:20 PM
    BB bridge over bluetooth is much more convenient.
    02-15-12 06:08 PM
    So what happens when someone calls you on your phone and your phone is inside the pad? Does the call show on the pad's screen? Or do you have to get your phone out in a hurry? Did I miss that part in the video?
    Last edited by Blkacesvf41; 02-15-12 at 07:41 PM.
    02-15-12 07:32 PM
    Bluetooth.......
    02-15-12 07:35 PM
    Never mind, didn't watch first video the first time around.
    02-15-12 07:45 PM
    I like the concept of it.

But I want to be able to use my phone and tablet SEPARATELY without having to go through the hassle of taking my phone out of the tablet.

I'd have to go through that hassle every time. "Just leave the phone in the tablet then..." If that's the case, why even put a phone in there to begin with?
    02-15-12 08:27 PM
    yeah this seems crazy to me.... looks like a flop but who knows. so maybe I missed this but is the tablet just a large display ? thats what it looked like to me. without the phone, the tablet does nothing. If thats true, this is not bridge at all...... just a monitor dock.

I did see something similar about 6 months to a year ago, I thonk it was motorola. but this was actually a desktop dock. slide in your phone, and you had full display, keyboard and mouse. That I can see a market for, but not this. Also it seemed that this tablet was too thick, and possibly top heavy.
    02-15-12 09:07 PM
    yeah this seems crazy to me.... looks like a flop but who knows. so maybe I missed this but is the tablet just a large display ? thats what it looked like to me. without the phone, the tablet does nothing. If thats true, this is not bridge at all...... just a monitor dock.

I did see something similar about 6 months to a year ago, I thonk it was motorola. but this was actually a desktop dock. slide in your phone, and you had full display, keyboard and mouse. That I can see a market for, but not this. Also it seemed that this tablet was too thick, and possibly top heavy.
    The Atrix
    fanatical likes this.
    02-15-12 09:09 PM
    ah yes atrix it was. Thanks lotus.

Also I thought I read earlier this week that asus and lenovo were getting out of the tablet market, maybe it was acer and lenovo... then again, it could have been on some crappy tech blog, and just a silly rumour some ”journalist” felt like starting

getting old, and it appears my memoryis really starting to fail me lol
    02-15-12 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD