This is my first post ever here but was waiting until my Playbook arrived and it did today. Honestly my cell phone is an android and I have experienced the apps and the platform for quite some time. Something just told me that I needed to experience the Playbook and I am one happy camper! The fluidity of the OS...the multitasking capabilities...the browser...and even the apps! All my email accounts are easily accessible and the social media is great. I kept an open mind when purchasing this and I could have bought any tablet as I never used a blackberry before but kept coming back to the Playbook. People just don't know what they are missing! I am happy to be here!
    hpjrt, just_luc, im3arl and 12 others like this.
    09-10-12 07:54 PM
    Enjoy your Playbook.
    09-10-12 08:17 PM
    Welcome!! We'll convert you to full on BB user come early next year. For now though, enjoy the powerhouse that is PlayBook.
    bldshd likes this.
    09-10-12 08:34 PM
    Take it from someone who has had the PlayBook since release...it is an awesome tablet. Yes, I know, at release they "forgot" a few things, but I had a BlackBerry anyway and it all changed with time. 2.0 is a great OS. The multiasking is the best of any tablet out there, hands down. This is important since I am a heavy user and a heavy multitasker. Very fluid and smooth. I have heard some complaints about the browser, but I have nothing but great things to say. Very speedy for me!

Like I said, I have had this tablet since release and I have NEVER had it crash, I have NEVER had an app crash, I have NEVER had an app freeze, and I have NEVER had the OS freeze. Extremely reliable. Great battery life. Great tablet.
    bldshd, Bumble2000 and jafobabe like this.
    09-10-12 08:40 PM
    Welcome to the OP... great example of a user who appreciated what they have as opposed to those only looking at what they think they are missing....Great Hardware.. great software.... and apps.... well may not be as many as the competition... but what is there is by and large top notch.....
    wafa510 and bldshd like this.
    09-10-12 09:10 PM
    Welcome to the fray OP!

I hope you continue to like the PB as much as I do... just got back from a vacation... took the PB/mini keyboard and the laptop... Laptop sat unused!
    Love the combo BB/PB/mini keyboard.

If you need the User's Guide, click below for the pdf files you can download to your PB.. I refer to it often.

Cheers!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-10-12 09:16 PM
    Awesome! after a few month, you might want to get a blackberry phone too
    09-10-12 09:22 PM
    Yeah, the PlayBook is probably the real "best BlackBerry" yet, when you consider the software.

I got mine a month after it launched in the U.S...back when they were $500, $600, or $700. I got the $600 one..so obviously, I could have come up with the money to buy an iPad or any other tablet. I'm still really happy with my PlayBook, and for those lucky enough to get the same PlayBook now, at a huge discount, should be especially happy with the value you're getting!
    kbz1960, rotorwrench and bldshd like this.
    09-10-12 09:23 PM
    I got a fabulous deal...$157 for the 32GB...let's just say it was the best bang for the buck ever...I am simply ecstatic and love this tablet!!
    09-10-12 09:37 PM
    Glad to hear your enjoying your new PlayBook, just wait til BB10 is released & youll have the best total package..... -� ���@� B�@<kB€rr� User & Abuser - Welcome to #TeamBlackBerry
    09-11-12 01:41 AM
    I tell you what I haven't stopped going on about it to everyone since getting mine 2 weeks ago! My family all have ipads & are green eyed about what the PB can do! My wife & children can't put it down & jaws dropped when I hooked it up via hdmi. Just hooked up an old BT Mac mouse today & was astonished to see the cursor appear, etc. - so have just bought a iluv BT portable keyboard for cheap off fleabay (will be brill when working on long train / plane journeys!). The list of use just keeps going & going! I LOVE it!

Now if only my 9320 would only arrive in the post - I keep looking longingly at the letterbox but it isn't here yet...grrrr! lol

Enjoy your PB & welcome to the fold op
    09-11-12 05:59 AM
    Welcome and enjoy the wonderful PB!
    09-11-12 06:19 AM
    Welcome to the forum. I also use an android phone and have had no issues using it with the playbook. But like others have said, you might find you like blackberry enough to go for the new BB10 phones when they're out next year. I'm certainly interested to see what BB10 brings.
    09-11-12 09:41 AM
    Welcome nooby LOL just do a search on my nick here and you will find tons of great wallpapers (if I do say so myself) for your brand new playbook!
    09-11-12 10:03 AM
    I've had BB phones before, but was lured away by Android. When the PB dropped in price, I decided to pick one up to experience a different OS environment.

I absolutely LOVE my 32gb and even picked up a 8530 just so I could bridge the two and take full advantage of my PB. What a fantastic tablet! Glad I found it, but wish it was sooner. People don't know what they are missing!
    09-11-12 10:12 AM
    Like I said, I have had this tablet since release and I have NEVER had it crash, I have NEVER had an app crash, I have NEVER had an app freeze, and I have NEVER had the OS freeze. Extremely reliable. Great battery life. Great tablet.
    Yup, and we believe you. What makes people feel the need to make such bogus claims, especially when there are oodles of postings that demonstrate the contrary. All PBs have their issues, whether they are better or worse than the competition, and there's nothing special about your PB. You like it. We get it.
    09-11-12 10:13 AM
    Welcome to the club. I bought mine a year ago, paid $549 + tax, and can honestly say I don't regret it and would do it again in a heartbeat. I use it every day to answer emails, read books, surf the Web, play games, listen to music, and watch movies. Hope yours gets as much use and love as mine does. Enjoy!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-11-12 10:37 AM
    Wow! Thank you for all the Crackberry Love!! If I tell you how much research I did before purchasing the Playbook you would all think I was nuts! Being able to score one for $157 with 32GB was just the icing on the cake! I read so many negative things about it yet I knew instinctively this is an OS I could fall in love with. It is different than Android and I do not use that many apps on my phone, there are just too many and most are crap. I do not use Skype nor does anyone I know, I just ordered my first book from Kobo which is great and I use Slacker and You Tube to watch music videos and listen to music. I downloaded the pinball game and Tetris from the app store and my kids are already trying to pull the Playbook out of my hands! My son is jumping up and down with glee, he is so excited I bought this! He never got this excited over playing any games on my Android phone. He is already bugging me to buy him the NFL Madden game.

As for BB10, I will just wait and see, I do not want to switch phones until my upgrade which is not til March of 2013 but again I will look at possibly switching over with an open mind! You have all been great and very welcoming! Thank you!
    rotorwrench and im3arl like this.
    09-11-12 11:32 AM
    I've bought 3 Playbooks so far and never regretted it. That being said the naysayers will soon arrive and accuse you of being a paid BlackBerry stooge.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-11-12 06:20 PM
    He must be a paid Blackberry stooge.
    09-11-12 06:43 PM
    OP - check out some apps. In addition to photos: e-Mmanuel+, ScrapBook, TabletTV
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-26-12 11:06 PM
    He must be a paid Blackberry stooge.
    And you are a party pooper and in the wrong forum.
    baolam86 and rotorwrench like this.
    09-26-12 11:17 PM
    GIT 'em, ralf, GIT 'em!!! ralf . .ralf . .ralf
    09-26-12 11:28 PM
    Excellent choice! I started with a Galaxy Tab, then tried the two iPads in my household, researched and then bought a PB too, never regretting it. I now have two PBs. You'll love it more than you do now, the more you use it, especially if you really explore what it's capable of. Good luck and enjoy. Get that BB phone next!
    jafobabe likes this.
    09-27-12 12:07 AM
    Most of her posts is just plain old bashing PB comments
    09-27-12 12:12 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD