I cannot let down my PlayBook. So much that I have been using it to type my emails. Always had difficulty with virtual keyboards, as experienced on my iPad. So now I am using my 9900 again for typing, and that keyboard is just f****g awesome! As already said before, just the most fantastic combo!
    rs422a and menaknow like this.
    11-17-11 03:57 PM
    Yeah me too. I tell you, it is pretty sweet with my bold. Love the security.
    11-17-11 04:03 PM
    I too am rocking a 9930 and Playbook.

They go so great together. I find myself using the bridge browser more than ever. Good thing i have unlimited data verizon =D
    11-17-11 04:08 PM
    Getting my 9900 today, had my Playbook a week and love it, my previous tablet was an iPad 2, they are good but prefer the size and usability of the Playbook. :-)
    11-17-11 08:31 PM
    I cannot let down my PlayBook. So much that I have been using it to type my emails. Always had difficulty with virtual keyboards, as experienced on my iPad. So now I am using my 9900 again for typing, and that keyboard is just f****g awesome! As already said before, just the most fantastic combo!
    Just wait until you can type into the playbook using your bridged 9900 keyboard and trackpad! You think you're happy now?

Wait does this mean I shouldn't bother getting a 9900? My 9700 has a keyboard....
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-17-11 at 09:24 PM.
    Rello and JR A like this.
    11-17-11 09:00 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I also LOVE the PB and Bold 9900 combo!!

here at a cafe in Tokyo now just being super productive and enjoying the portability!!
    menaknow likes this.
    11-17-11 09:17 PM
    although it still has problems that have me anxiously wait for OS2.0, i like my Playbook so much, i tend to forget how crappy my 8900 is cause i only use it to text lol
    JR A likes this.
    11-17-11 09:20 PM
    Just wait until you can type into the playbook using your bridged 9900 keyboard and trackpad! You think you're happy now?

Wait does this mean I shouldn't bother getting a 9900?
    im getting a 9900 for that exact reason. cant wait!!!
    11-17-11 09:22 PM
    I love the PlayBook as well. Got that Pinball Deluxe game and as an old pinball machine fan, gotta say it is great on the PB.

But back to the keyboard. I really cannot wait for RIM to add the BB keyboard shortcuts to the PB OS. Especially the long press for caps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-17-11 09:43 PM
    That sounds perfect.
    11-18-11 02:15 AM
    Yeah, the 9900 has a keyboard that is better than most computer keyboards. Although, I have found that I am getting quite good at typing on the PlayBook's virtual keyboard. In fact, I'm typing this on my PB while my 9900 sits comfortably in its cradle.

Also, I find myself using the PB to reply to emails when I'm reading an ebook cause I am too damn lazy to dig my 9900 out of my pocket.
    11-18-11 03:10 AM
    I too am rocking a 9930 and Playbook.

They go so great together. I find myself using the bridge browser more than ever. Good thing i have unlimited data verizon =D
    That's an oxymoron

But, glad to see someone else in the South Bay with the same combo
    11-18-11 03:39 AM

Wait does this mean I shouldn't bother getting a 9900? My 9700 has a keyboard....
    LOL. No ... you need to get a 9900, especially if you're going to be doing all your typing on it. There's no comparison.

I completely agree with the OP, though ... I hate typing on a virtual keyboard, but I just can't put down the PB's big beautiful display.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 08:38 AM

Is it confirmed that that feature is coming? I was hoping for it, but didn't hear whether or not it was in the plans.
    11-18-11 09:41 AM
    Yeah, the 9900 has a keyboard that is better than most computer keyboards. Although, I have found that I am getting quite good at typing on the PlayBook's virtual keyboard. In fact, I'm typing this on my PB while my 9900 sits comfortably in its cradle.

Also, I find myself using the PB to reply to emails when I'm reading an ebook cause I am too damn lazy to dig my 9900 out of my pocket.
    I find that when I reply to emails using the PB that the emails take on a more formal appearance i.e., salutation and proper sign off.
    11-18-11 09:43 AM
    Is it confirmed that that feature is coming? I was hoping for it, but didn't hear whether or not it was in the plans.
    Can anyone confirm this feature???

That would be super duper awesome!
    11-18-11 09:55 AM
    The 9900 and playbook is an awesome combination. I am a very happy customer.
    11-18-11 10:12 AM
    Can anyone confirm this feature???

That would be super duper awesome!

Well I did "hear" it was in the plans - I forget where, somewhere in here I'm sure , but then many will tell you that plans don't mean much to RIM...it certainly is technically possible so sooner or later if RIM doesn't jump on it some developer will.
    11-18-11 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD