So over the past month, my playbook gave out with the battery and wouldn't charge anymore. So instead of going to buy another playbook, I went and bought the Galaxy Tab 2 7". I couldn't be more happy with the purchase. After having android on my phone the tablet experience is even more amazing. Jelly Bean is very smooth, and i love the app and customization variety. I advise you, if in 3 months bb10 still isn't out for the playbook, go buy a android tablet!
    05-18-13 10:01 AM
    This makes me sad. Quick question, how long have you had your PlayBook before the battery stopped taking a charge? Mine from purchase date is 18 months old and the battery is almost as good as the day it was given to me. Also, I never turn mine off. It is always on except for a few reboots along the way to refresh some android app issues.
    05-18-13 10:51 AM
    If you should wish to try and resurrect your PB, go to the official BB forums and look for the sticky by Knottyrope on battery problems, charging, etc. It's very in depth. It has saved many a poor PlayBook from the trash bin.

By the way, I'll be throwing Android on my Touchpad soon and so I'll get to experience the goodness of a tablet with a future too.
    05-18-13 10:52 AM
    I will SOON have jelly bean on my Z10 thanks to BB, release date is June for the beta I believe?
    I'll wait for BB10 on PB. I don't think the battery is dead, you just need to do the stack charging trick to revive it.
    I've had my PB for 2 years, and the battery still works like a charm
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-18-13 10:54 AM
    OP, there's another forum for these "leaving" posts for a reason, please take it there. BTW, you should check out a few of the Android forums, you'll find a lot of users aren't having the same "smooth" JellyBean experience you are. Good luck.
    05-18-13 11:42 AM
    The OP is obviously not savvy enough to know there is a " leaving" forum and nothing anyone says will change their mind about leaving or how great jelly beans are or are not, so best to just say buh-buy and let them leave. Now if they are able to resolve their battery issue as many others here have been able to do, then they can always come back to sell it in the CB MARKETPLACE FORUMS.
    05-18-13 07:22 PM
    So so sad.......
    05-18-13 08:00 PM
    The OP is obviously not savvy enough to know there is a " leaving" forum and nothing anyone says will change their mind about leaving or how great jelly beans are or are not, so best to just say buh-buy and let them leave. Now if they are able to resolve their battery issue as many others here have been able to do, then they can always come back to sell it in the CB MARKETPLACE FORUMS.
    Agreed, but what I don't understand is why the mods will move other threads to their appropriate subforum yet leave these where they originate. Curious.
    05-18-13 08:47 PM
    So over the past month, my playbook gave out with the battery and wouldn't charge anymore. So instead of going to buy another playbook, I went and bought the Galaxy Tab 2 7". I couldn't be more happy with the purchase. After having android on my phone the tablet experience is even more amazing. Jelly Bean is very smooth, and i love the app and customization variety. I advise you, if in 3 months bb10 still isn't out for the playbook, go buy a android tablet!
    make sure the door does not hit you in the back on the way out
    05-18-13 09:08 PM
    I find Android an unstable mess of a mobile operating system. Google clearly has no idea about operating system development and knows even less about effective security implementation. Then there is the whole issue of data mining by Google which is so blatant and intrusive it's enough to turn anybody off the platform if they knew how treacherous it really is.

Google is *not* your friend. Never has been.

At least with BB we know where they stand on security and efficiency.
    ortizjj likes this.
    05-18-13 09:38 PM
    I find Android an unstable mess of a mobile operating system. Google clearly has no idea about operating system development and knows even less about effective security implementation. Then there is the whole issue of data mining by Google which is so blatant and intrusive it's enough to turn anybody off the platform if they knew how treacherous it really is.

Agree 100 Percent.
    this is why if BlackBerry doesn't make a new tablet or add BlackBerry 10 to it ill be forced to buy a new tablet. android is at the bottom of that list possible tablet list.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-19-13 01:34 AM
    Agreed, but what I don't understand is why the mods will move other threads to their appropriate subforum yet leave these where they originate. Curious.
    Maybe because they did mention a battery problem that is sometimes able to be resolved with a few simple steps, otherwise it is often hard to figure out why they let some certain off-topic, rambling mess of a thread stay here instead of moving them to rehab or elsewhere, wherever they belonged in the first place or simply move the leaving threads to the other leaving trash can forums.
    05-19-13 07:11 AM
    make sure the door does not hit you in the back on the way out
    Not particularly original, but very heartfelt I'm sure.
    05-19-13 07:15 AM
    Agree 100 Percent.
    this is why if BlackBerry doesn't make a new tablet or add BlackBerry 10 to it ill be forced to buy a new tablet. android is at the bottom of that list possible tablet list.

I bought a new ASUS Windows 8 RT tablet just to play around with and enjoy it much more than I expected really. I would not buy an Android tablet again and I sold my iPad3 tablet without ever opening the box so I will never know.
    05-19-13 07:20 AM
    So over the past month, my playbook gave out with the battery and wouldn't charge anymore. So instead of going to buy another playbook, I went and bought the Galaxy Tab 2 7". I couldn't be more happy with the purchase.
    Can I have your busted PB?
    05-19-13 07:56 AM
    That's it. I'm going to start a thread on the other Mobile Nations site saying "I was never going to choose you...sorrry"

Everyone feels that they have to come to Crackberry and post something.

If you're "leaving BlackBerry? " then leave. I for one won't miss you.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    KittyBomb likes this.
    05-19-13 08:15 AM
    First off, I love my BB Z10. It's awesome. Second, about 1.5 years ago my tech-loving daughter game me a BB Playbook. I fell in love with it instantly. Use it all the time. Then she re-gifted me with a BB Torch. (I had been using an Android phone). I was able to use the BB Bridge to access my texts, etc. on the Playbook. However, the texts don't cross over from the Z10 to the Playbook (unless I am doing something wrong!). However, it doesn't really matter anymore because the Hub on the Z10 works so wonderfully to keep everything where you need it.

I actually started writing here because of the Playbook/Android tablet conversation. In January of this year I decided I would buy a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, having heard all over how wonderful it was. I tried - really I did - to use it, but after using the Playbook I found ithe Samsung difficult, not as user-friendly ( I am not a tech geekie person, I just love owning something user-friendly and secure ) and the screen was taken up on the top and bottom by taskbars, which took up too much gazing space (in my humble opinion).

This ends my first (rambling) post on Crackberry Forum. Perhaps it won't be my last.
    Roodog46 likes this.
    05-19-13 08:31 AM
    the op will feel silly for wasting money when BB10 eventually comes to the playbook.
    and he's back to using old faithful
    05-19-13 08:41 AM
    First off, I love my BB Z10. It's awesome. Second, about 1.5 years ago my tech-loving daughter game me a BB Playbook. I fell in love with it instantly. Use it all the time. Then she re-gifted me with a BB Torch. (I had been using an Android phone). I was able to use the BB Bridge to access my texts, etc. on the Playbook. However, the texts don't cross over from the Z10 to the Playbook (unless I am doing something wrong!). However, it doesn't really matter anymore because the Hub on the Z10 works so wonderfully to keep everything where you need it.

I actually started writing here because of the Playbook/Android tablet conversation. In January of this year I decided I would buy a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, having heard all over how wonderful it was. I tried - really I did - to use it, but after using the Playbook I found ithe Samsung difficult, not as user-friendly ( I am not a tech geekie person, I just love owning something user-friendly and secure ) and the screen was taken up on the top and bottom by taskbars, which took up too much gazing space (in my humble opinion).

This ends my first (rambling) post on Crackberry Forum. Perhaps it won't be my last.
    Welcome. And, no, Rim/bbry removed the Bridged apps like Memo, txts, email, calendar from the bb10 devices. Some of us want them back - the link was very handy and works really well.
    bozvandam and crabbyaunt like this.
    05-19-13 09:27 AM

And BB is our friend? They promised that a bb10 update will come soon. Where is it? I honestly don't think its coming. I really did like the playbook, but i'm tired of not having the apps i want.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-21-13 05:39 PM
    I didn't mean to make anyone mad. I just wanted to advise that if you are fed up with the delayed update and are looking for a new tab, to go buy one like the samsung tab. I didn't mean to start anything, apologies.
    05-21-13 05:43 PM
    I wouldn't worry some people just get a bit tetchy if you post in the wrong place, say you're buying anything other than a Blackberry or break wind in the wrong key.

Each their own, I still like my playbook and it does the job, I'm sure you won't be the last frustrated person to put the playbook down, which is an individual choice. I reckon android and ios tablets will each have their own little annoyances too but it's what works for you.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-21-13 05:52 PM
    I don't blame you ive thought of getting a new tablet and android tablets are on that list even though I'm a die hard BlackBerry fan.

05-29-13 11:52 AM

And yet, it seems the world in general doesn't care about those concerns.

Android poised to overtake iOS in tablet platform share | ZDNet (30-May-2013)

Summary: Despite Apple holding onto more than 50 percent share of all tablet shipments during the calendar first quarter, Android is expected to take the crown as the leader in the tablet platform share.

I don't expect any company to be my friend.

I do expect successful companies to make products that I want to buy. That way, everybody wins and I'll regard the company in a positive light... but, I still don't expect friendship. It's commerce, not romance!
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    05-30-13 12:32 PM
    OP, there's another forum for these "leaving" posts for a reason, please take it there. BTW, you should check out a few of the Android forums, you'll find a lot of users aren't having the same "smooth" JellyBean experience you are. Good luck.
    Pssst excuse me but while your dishing advice out, ask him to check the bb10, Z10 and Q10 forums? The same if not worse results would be found.
    05-30-13 02:29 PM
28 12