I've watched a 8 years old kid pushing like a mad on every part of the playbook to make it work. His interest didn't last long...
    Funny. My buddy's four and a half year old was flipping through apps and folders and landed on Modern Combat 3 when we weren't paying attention. She had no issues whatsoever.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    11-06-12 09:48 AM
    I've watched a 8 years old kid pushing like a mad on every part of the playbook to make it work. His interest didn't last long...
    He was obviously already indoctrinated by Apple, Poor little guy........
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    11-06-12 09:59 AM
    Funny. My buddy's four and a half year old was flipping through apps and folders and landed on Modern Combat 3 when we weren't paying attention. She had no issues whatsoever.
    Yeah, I've tried to play MC2 online with my little granddaughters age nine and seven. Total embarrassment, never do THAT again.
    I remember at Christmas time when we got our new to everyone Playbooks, it was the girls that were showing us how to use them.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    11-06-12 10:07 AM
    He was obviously already assimilated by Apple, Poor little guy........
    Fixed it for you.
    sputneek likes this.
    11-06-12 10:07 AM
    Everyone is a self appointed expert in business marketing with not a iota of business intelligence to support hastily drawn assertions based on limited perceptions.
    This post is not worth reading - don't even bother.

Easy to look back and comment but much more difficult to take responsibility and progress forward.
    I am not a fan of iPad and would have paid 4-6 times the value of my PB and still would not have Flash for video content.
    11-06-12 10:18 AM
    He was obviously already indoctrinated by Apple, Poor little guy........
    Not at all. It's just because the playbook was locked on the " enter your log in" thing. You didn't pay attention on what was said in the previous posts.
    11-06-12 11:00 AM
    too late. you did it. ^^
    11-06-12 11:02 AM
    The playbook software version 1.0 was only useable with a BB phone 7.0 and higher, and it was intended as a compamion to a BB
    the rest of the software was just very limited for the first 9 month
    with PB OS 2.0 and some android app the Playbook become acceptable at least
    the problem started when Verizon, Sprint and ATT did not support the BT bridge, only T-Mobile really supports the Bridge
    RIMM should have cleared this with the Mobile companies before bringing them on the market
    The only reason for me to buy the PB was, that I could bridge it with my BB Phone 9730 (3G), on my 2GB data plan from my T-mobile plan, this alone saves me about US $ 35 to 45 per month. If I upgrade my BB to 4G phone and I would have a great tablet for another 2 years
    Once the natural life of my PB is over, I will change my system to a Windows 8 phone, Windows 8 Tablet and my laptop and desktop will run windows 8 as well. All on one platform
    11-06-12 11:19 AM
    I've said that from the beginning.
    RIM has not marketed the Playbook to sell.
    Most store demos don't work or are at the stage you found them, waiting for a Blackberry ID so the update can install.
    The Playbook went from something new and innovative to just another tablet that isn't an iPad within about two months after it's release.

iPad doesn't need promotion. They could hang a cardboard sign with no live demo at all and it will sell.
    Do you suppose RIM was naive enough to think that would happen with the Playbook?
    We had 2 store demos. Both had specific profiles created to put it into demonstration mode. It played a video demo, and could be used fully as well. It was not behind glass but on a live display at the front of the store with the other demo tablets, all of which were the expensive ones like Galaxy, Asus, and HTC. We don't waste demo space on hip street. We put customers hands on with them and the second Playbook demo was delivered by a RIM rep with an addition to demo mode that reset any changes a customer made to it every minute after it idled.

Even with all that, even with us bringing customers over to it to show customers, we sold about 6 PBs prior to the fire sale. People simply didn't think it was worth the price RIM launched it at. The same thing happened to the Touchpad. As it stands we have 6 32 gb and a 64 at $129/$179 price points and we haven't sold or been asked about them in a couple of months.

RIM didn't botch the store demos all that much, although our second demo has done the famous brick and is totally and completely useless now, but our rep said he'd come by and get it and hasn't shown up in the 2 months since he said he would. So our PB has been in the back as a paperweight since early September.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    11-06-12 11:26 AM
    Not at all. It's just because the playbook was locked on the " enter your log in" thing. You didn't pay attention on what was said in the previous posts.
    Yes I did, you just did'nt pay attention at me stickin' my tongue out at you I was kidding and still am.
    11-06-12 11:32 AM
    Yes I did, you just did'nt pay attention at me stickin' my tongue out at you I was kidding and still am.
    Nice tongue. I confirm. ^^
    11-06-12 11:39 AM
    Walmart only recently, (3 or 4 weeks ago) changed their BlackBerry displays. Before they used to be a separate display featuring 2 to 4 tablets on a white perspex background with highlights of QNX and the hardware etc. In fact, in Canada Walmart, Best Buy and Future Shop all had the PlayBook most prominently displayed, with Future Shop and Best Buy giving the PlayBook "Front of Department" status for over 18 months, they were the first tablets you saw as you walked into that department and had their own separate displays and cases. The only reason FS and BB moved the PB back into the regular tablet display was because of recent inconsistent supply from RIM. I think it's FS where the PB is their best selling tablet.
    I haven't seen a thing approaching that at any of those stores in the Maritimes. There's been the odd end display near the back of the store, but like the other PB displays the batteries were usually dead, the PB's looked like they had been just tossed there and the few that were working usually didn't have an Internet connection.

All in all the displays were sloppy and unappealing - the kind of thing you'd just walk by without a second glance no matter what the product was.
    11-06-12 11:46 AM
    The playbook software version 1.0 was only useable with a BB phone 7.0 and higher, and it was intended as a compamion to a BB
    Nifty trick as PlayBook was out in April 2011 and BlackBerry 7 in August 2011. :-)
    11-06-12 11:49 AM
    Yeah, I've tried to play MC2 online with my little granddaughters age nine and seven. Total embarrassment, never do THAT again.
    I remember at Christmas time when we got our new to everyone Playbooks, it was the girls that were showing us how to use them.
    It's time to start putting lead back in baby food - kids are getting too smart theses days!
    sputneek likes this.
    11-06-12 11:52 AM
    My 5 year old figured it out pretty much by herself in about 15 minutes. Now she's as good with it as I am.
    11-06-12 12:00 PM
    I've said that from the beginning.
    RIM has not marketed the Playbook to sell.
    Most store demos don't work or are at the stage you found them, waiting for a Blackberry ID so the update can install.
    The Playbook went from something new and innovative to just another tablet that isn't an iPad within about two months after it's release.

iPad doesn't need promotion. They could hang a cardboard sign with no live demo at all and it will sell.
    Do you suppose RIM was naive enough to think that would happen with the Playbook?
    To answer your question....definitely seems that way. Same as assuming OS 7 device sales would go up after being dismissed- two years earlier.
    11-06-12 12:22 PM
    On the display note, I went into a t-mobile to look at a 9900 and it wasn't powered up so I couldn't demo it. When I ask the salesman about the bold he said he thought it was weird that a lot of people had been asking about it. I thought that was strange because if I'm running a retail store and costumers are asking about a product I'm going to have it ready to demo I don't care the brand. Same with tablets, computers, etc..... I would think you would want all displays to be functional and look good for the store.
    11-06-12 04:04 PM
    Everyone is a self appointed expert in business marketing with not a iota of business intelligence to support hastily drawn assertions based on limited perceptions.

Easy to look back and comment but much more difficult to take responsibility and progress forward.
    It's human nature to be an armchair executive!
    11-06-12 04:30 PM
    I think I'm experiencing crackberry deja vu...

Hahaha yeah either that or I just made 88 miles on my DeLorean with the date set on August 2011 and I wasn't paying attention
    11-06-12 06:50 PM
69 123