The reason I ordered the playbook two days ago is because I didn't get a HP Touchpad in august. I want a cool smartphone but I am a poor college student and can be barely afford the cheap t-mobile plan I have now with a crap phone. The Playbook seems like a solution to my smartphone needs and its not as big as the other tablets while offering the same performance and more features than the competing Kindle Fire, in the way of more ram, memory and cameras. So since I got it for $10 less than a Kindle would cost me it was a good deal. (I am already starting to ramble)

Since I don't care about all that amazon crap and I will more than likely opt not to purchase my music apps and movies I bought this nicely specced piece of hardware. I realize that the price will go down but since it was selling out at 199 plus tax I thought I might as well get it for 189 and not tax. I still have a few questions that I hope people can answer or give their opinion since my playbook still hasn't shipped.

What is the SAR rating (one of the reasons I don't have a smartphone)?

How sure are we that blackberry won't release a new tablet within 6 months and make our hardware obsolete?

How good is the word processing for taking notes in class or typing a essay?

Will it support adobe flash stage3d or flashplayer 11?

The only game I played with it was NFS undercover, how do other games compare to it graphically? because I didn't like the lack of anti aliasing

Has there been any progress in hacking it for multibooting android?

How good is the camera?

Thats it for now.
    11-26-11 09:58 PM

What is the SAR rating (one of the reasons I don't have a smartphone)?

SAR rating?

How sure are we that blackberry won't release a new tablet within 6 months and make our hardware obsolete?

The "new tablet" assuming there is one, will run the same QNX (or BX) operating system that this one does and they are good at backwards compatibility. It won't happen.

No tablet is ideal for this, but it ain't bad.

Will it support adobe flash stage3d or flashplayer 11?

I have heard adobe is not developing Flash further but playbook does excellent with flash as is.

The only game I played with it was NFS undercover, how do other games compare to it graphically? because I didn't like the lack of anti aliasing

games are awesome! Especially when connected to a large monitor and sound system through the hdmi port
    try deadspace, modern combat - bejeweled, machineria others... if you saw a lack of anti-aliasing (pixelation?) there was something wrong with the unit!

Has there been any progress in hacking it for multibooting android?

multibooting andriod? you mean multitasking? There is an android player supposedly coming out in Feb with OS 2.0 - multitasking? dunno may be weak on that - since its not using the android OS - just playing android apps. But should multitask with other native PB apps - have not tried it much others will fill you in.

How good is the camera?

AWESOME 1080p video recording with great dual stereo microphones.

The still camera is not good in low light and has no autofocus. Other than that very good.

That's it for now.

Congratulations - welcome to Crackberryland and when you get it - don't miss this wiki in progress:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/

Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-26-11 at 10:21 PM.
    11-26-11 10:13 PM
    >>>What is the SAR rating (one of the reasons I don't have a smartphone)?

Are you going to use it as a cellphone, right?

>>>How sure are we that blackberry won't release a new tablet within 6 months and make our hardware obsolete?

How will releasing a new tablet make the current one obsolete?

>>>How good is the word processing for taking notes in class or typing a essay?

Word 2 go is great. Best Office suite I've used on tablets

>>>Will it support adobe flash stage3d or flashplayer 11?

1.08 has the latest Flash (11.1)

>>>The only game I played with it was NFS undercover, how do other games compare to it graphically? because I didn't like the lack of anti aliasing

Try Dead Space. It's incredible. No other tablets have the same graphics rendering.

>>>Has there been any progress in hacking it for multibooting android?

NO. But why do you want to spoil such great hardware with Android?

>>>How good is the camera?

Forget about any dedicated camera that you have. It is much better than other cameras. Camera is superb. Low light or day light.
    11-26-11 10:17 PM
    >>>What is the SAR rating (one of the reasons I don't have a smartphone)?

Are you going to use it as a cellphone, right?

>>>How sure are we that blackberry won't release a new tablet within 6 months and make our hardware obsolete?

How will releasing a new tablet make the current one obsolete?

>>>How good is the word processing for taking notes in class or typing a essay?

Word 2 go is great. Best Office suite I've used on tablets

>>>Will it support adobe flash stage3d or flashplayer 11?

1.08 has the latest Flash (11.1)

>>>The only game I played with it was NFS undercover, how do other games compare to it graphically? because I didn't like the lack of anti aliasing

Try Dead Space. It's incredible. No other tablets have the same graphics rendering.

>>>Has there been any progress in hacking it for multibooting android?

NO. But why do you want to spoil such great hardware with Android?

>>>How good is the camera?

Forget about any dedicated camera that you have. It is much better than other cameras. Camera is superb. Low light or day light.
    -No im using separately from my low end cell phone

-The apps that will be released won't be compatible with our weaker hardware.

-OK I will download it.

-Any others? i'm not interested in playing an fps on the go.

-Since then I can put "Kindle S" on the back and say its the new one with a camera and double the ram and space.

-From the 5 minutes I spent with it at staples it seemed like its equal to a 2008 $100 camera
    11-26-11 10:43 PM
    Don't have an answer to all your questions but here it goes:

It's probable that RIM will release the PB2 since the PB will be a year old in April 29 but it's very likely they'll keep supporting it for a while as their soon to be announced devices will use the same BBX OS.

I would recommended a bluetooth keyboard but overall I would still say it'll be pretty good. The size of the PB allows for easy typing as your fingers don't have to travel too much to reach different keys. Also the PB comes pre-loaded with Docs2Go which is a solid suite for Word, Excel, and PPT files.

NFS Undercover is quite an old game (it's being about 2 years since it's was originally released on iOS) so it isn't the best showcase of the PB gaming prowess but I've downloaded N.O.V.A. 2 and several others and they run and look fantastic.

How good is the camera?
    The camera is good although my only gripe is the lack of auto-focus which is quite a bummer. Still it takes very good pictures, you won't be disappointed with it.
    11-26-11 10:46 PM
    Congratulations - welcome to Crackberryland and when you get it - don't miss this wiki in progress:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/

-The level of radiation emitted by electronics, its usually used for cell phones

-That's reassuring

-I will be testing it out soon

-No they are trying to make something like the unity player but with much better graphics try this out [HTML]http://alternativaplatform.com/en/demos/crash/[/HTML]

-So there aren't supposed to be jagged lines on cars

-multibooting as in quad booting a PC with windows 7, XP, hackintosh, ubuntu

- so its the same as a good phone camera
    11-26-11 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD