Don't get me wrong, I think this case is good and it does fit like a glove. However, I couldn't stand that clear screen protector. I think because is not actually attached to the screen and it's just "floating" in there and is so thick, it felt like I had to use so much more pressure in order to get the gestures to work. This was specially true when I was trying to wake my PB. So I just removed the clear protector from the plastic casing and went back to old protector I had. Am I the only one who had this issue with this case?
    05-24-11 09:10 PM
    Just got mine on Saturday, I wasn't planning on using the built in protector origianally but kept it on and seems overall fine so far.
    05-24-11 09:41 PM
    i removed the screen protector too - replaced ot with Ghost Armour.
    05-24-11 09:45 PM
    I'm using TWO screen protectors. One I purchased and then the otterbox on top. I find the sensitivity is fine. I wonder if the bottom one makes the otterbox one less "floaty" the way you describe it?? There are threads where some others have also removed the one attached to the otterbox.
    05-24-11 09:47 PM
    I had a Zagg on mine before getting the Otterbox. At first I kept both on and the sensitivity actually wasn't that bad. I actually prefer the feel of the plastic on the Otterbox because it wasn't as grippy. But then the plastic started sticking onto the Zagg below and my screen looked like it had major bubbling. On the weekend I took apart the Otterbox intending to remove the plastic but discovered the Zagg screen is completely distorted so I had no choice but to peel it off. I'm happy with my Otterbix setup now.
    05-24-11 09:47 PM
    considered this case, looks tough and rugged and surely will protect my PB, one of the drawback is the added bulk it gives, for me the PB should look classy and professional-that's just me. And then this, i didn't know that it has a screen protector attached to it(?) already, doesn't make sense for me coz i have the zagg already on my PB. Ended up with the dodocase.
    05-24-11 10:14 PM
    I like it, the case isnt as bulky as I imagined it would be plus adds extra grip
    05-24-11 10:35 PM
    I have had no sensitivity issues with the built-in screen protector. I am getting used to the bulk, I've had it for almost a month and it's nice that I don't have to worry about the safety of the PB at all when I leave it lying around or throw it in a bag....this thing goes everywhere with me.
    05-24-11 11:17 PM
    The first thing I did after I took it out of the box was remove the screen off the defender.
    05-25-11 12:02 AM
    I had posted this in two other threads, also I have talked to otterbox and discussed a model that did not have the screen protector. I was very easy to remove, just make sure you have all the sticky tape off before reassembling the case on your playbook.
    05-25-11 04:16 AM
    I haven't removed mine. The screen protector works for me with minimal-to-no difference in sensitivity. Love my Otterbox.
    05-25-11 08:54 AM
    I haven't removed mine. The screen protector works for me with minimal-to-no difference in sensitivity. Love my Otterbox.
    Still it looks cheap and crappy to me.
    05-25-11 10:29 AM
    Still it looks cheap and crappy to me.
    nah its sexy yo!
    05-25-11 10:36 AM
    nah its sexy yo!
    I was talking about the screen protector, the case is T!TS!!
    05-25-11 10:40 AM
    I removed the screen protector too. Had a flimsy feeling, looked cheap. Much better without it. Taking the plastic casing off was a real pain.
    05-25-11 12:00 PM
    So the built in protector, it doesn't just pull right off the case? It's like glued on? That sux if so because I'm sure eventually I'll see the light and remove it but dont' really wanna destroy it doing so.
    05-25-11 12:25 PM
    So the built in protector, it doesn't just pull right off the case? It's like glued on? That sux if so because I'm sure eventually I'll see the light and remove it but dont' really wanna destroy it doing so.
    You have to open up the black plastic casing, then you can push through the outside of the casing and the screen protector will start to peel off. It's glued in with cheap glue, making it easy to remove from the casing.
    05-25-11 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD