I recently purchased a Blackberry Playbook and received it yesterday. I love it. 64Gbs is more than enough to hold my music and pictures and I'm really looking forward to using it at work and school.

Just thought I'd share the news 100% committed to BB! (still rockin' my 9650)
    amrovi2014, igrrl and SugarMouth like this.
    08-31-12 03:23 PM
    A wise move my friend. You can be sure that the BlackBerry PlayBook is a great purchase. I'm thinking of getting the 64GB version and giving my 16GB one to my other half. PC World in the UK have them at a mega cheap price at the moment.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    roguerebellions likes this.
    08-31-12 03:37 PM
    Awesome! Welcome to the club! Just recently picked up a 32GB from someone locally and can't put the thing down. Can't wait to get wrapped around it all weekend long.
    08-31-12 03:42 PM
    Good for you RogueRebellions!!!

I love my PB and use it every day for a zillion and one things!!
    08-31-12 06:27 PM
    Nice! Hope you enjoy your new playbook!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    08-31-12 06:41 PM
    Congrats on your new PlayBook...ENJOY.
    08-31-12 06:44 PM
    Again, you will be getting BB10 on your PB sometime next year, how sweet is that?

You will be able to try the BB10 OS out before getting a BB10 phone!
    08-31-12 06:57 PM
    Now don't let it fall ok?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...p-died-742854/

Hehe
    08-31-12 07:06 PM
    before you ask....

there is no skype and no netflix nor plans for it cause i talked to a friend who knows a guy who was at a starbucks and over heard another guy who looked like he worked at RIM but was talking on an iphone, but it may have been a blackberry 10 dev alpha, and he was saying that he knew a guy that was a barber and he once cut the hair of the guy that works the reception and he told him that big things were coming....just not skype and netflix.....but big things! So we have that going for us.

sorry guys couldn't resist....
    FF22, Hawnz, Zildjian71 and 1 others like this.
    08-31-12 07:10 PM
    before you ask....

there is no skype and no netflix nor plans for it cause i talked to a friend who knows a guy who was at a starbucks and over heard another guy who looked like he worked at RIM but was talking on an iphone, but it may have been a blackberry 10 dev alpha, and he was saying that he knew a guy that was a barber and he once cut the hair of the guy that works the reception and he told him that big things were coming....just not skype and netflix.....but big things! So we have that going for us.

sorry guys couldn't resist....
    How could anybody with your "name" mention a barber!???
    08-31-12 09:26 PM
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy your PB half as much as I do mine....cuz if you do you will be delighted and sorry to say addicted.
    08-31-12 09:56 PM
    Congratulations on your purchase!!!!! You will become addicted to it. I gave my 16gb to my wife after I bought a 64gb PB and wow it is so good. PlayBook is the best tablet you could ever want. Keep yourself posted to the Crackberry forums, you can learn a lot. Again congratulations!!!
    08-31-12 10:22 PM
    wish i could joi in on the luv-fest. But at the moment hating my Playbook. i just bought a Bold 9930 (refurbished) and am thoroughly impressed with this phone. the playbook, not so much. it blinks strange colors at me, takes forever to load a page. it also seems to freeze up, when i am on the Blackberry ID (or more accurately) attempting log in with my ID. it will take my user name, but refuse to accept the password. seems to just lock-up. there are no instructions so its just bad. i am sure it is just me.

where is the serial number on these? how in the world do i change the battery? i will dig around in here for some answers.

Mike

p.s. i hope i am not hijacking OP's thread, if i am then i hope some will move this to a more suitable location.
    08-31-12 10:59 PM
    Hit the gear icon in the upper right corner and find out about everything. I assume you mean charge the battery. You use the middle little hole on the top side. This is called the mini USB port. The left hole with the three pins showing is for the magnetic charger which is an optional extra. The right hand hole is the HDMI port but you can leave that until later after you have learned to experience the joys of PlayBook ownership. When you plug the charger cord into the USB hole be sure it is right side up with the charger symbol up when you face the screen.Dont know what password you are trying to use - maybe others can help.
    08-31-12 11:27 PM
    I also bought one, its pretty cool, perfect size! And does everything I need it to do.

Enjoying it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-01-12 12:39 AM
    Hit the gear icon in the upper right corner and find out about everything. I assume you mean charge the battery. You use the middle little hole on the top side. This is called the mini USB port. The left hole with the three pins showing is for the magnetic charger which is an optional extra. The right hand hole is the HDMI port but you can leave that until later after you have learned to experience the joys of PlayBook ownership. When you plug the charger cord into the USB hole be sure it is right side up with the charger symbol up when you face the screen.Dont know what password you are trying to use - maybe others can help.
    thanks for the help. a half hour with Playbook tech support helped me get my head around this thing. apparently spotty wifi and a dead battery are real bummers for Playbook during the set-up procedure. all is right in my Playbook world right now....though not a complete luv-fest right now.

Mike
    09-01-12 09:42 AM
    wish i could joi in on the luv-fest. But at the moment hating my Playbook. i just bought a Bold 9930 (refurbished) and am thoroughly impressed with this phone. the playbook, not so much. it blinks strange colors at me, takes forever to load a page. it also seems to freeze up, when i am on the Blackberry ID (or more accurately) attempting log in with my ID. it will take my user name, but refuse to accept the password. seems to just lock-up. there are no instructions so its just bad. i am sure it is just me.

where is the serial number on these? how in the world do i change the battery? i will dig around in here for some answers.

Mike

p.s. i hope i am not hijacking OP's thread, if i am then i hope some will move this to a more suitable location.
    Sounds like you need to upgrade your OS. Yours might be really outdated. If not, then you might want to try a device wipe and then reinstalling the latest beta OS.

You can't change the battery for your PB... not easily anyway.

The SN can be found in options, about page, general info, which you can go there by touching the gear icon on the top right corner. if you are in an app, you may swipe your figure in from the top right corner to see the gear icon.
    09-01-12 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD