Hi guys,

I just wanted to share this experience with you guys. I won a PlayBook (16gb) at a BlackBerry Fan Night here in Miami last February (twitter contest). Since I got it, my girlfriend haven't stop using it (playing Angry Birds). I have been debating for quite sometime now about getting one for her since she is addicted to it. So...

Today I received a bbm from one of my friends telling me that her dad was about to get heart attack because he just found out that the PlayBook was on sale. I though to myself "Damn poor guy, $700 for a 64gb. Oouch!!!" We kept talking and she was trying to convince me to buy the 64gb and give my girlfriend the 16gb one. Guess what? It worked!

I just purchased a 64gb PlayBook from BlackBerry's website. $299, free shipping, and no taxes. What else can you ask for? I did tried Best Buy first, but the prices already went up $199, $299, and $349. They are taking advantage of the 2.0 sales (Don't blame them). I'm going to do a master reset to the 16gb once I get the 64gb and give it her. Do you guys think it is a good gift?
    cdelcampo216, zethaaron and hpjrt like this.
    03-06-12 02:30 PM
    I am sure your girlfriend will appreciate the BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB. Now she can nag you via BlackBerry Video Chat. LOL
    zethaaron likes this.
    03-06-12 02:36 PM
    Yes ofcourse it's a good gift, you make her happy and yourself win/win.
    03-06-12 02:36 PM
    Now she can videochat you anytime ... beware !!
    (lol) Nice move !
    03-06-12 02:39 PM
    an engagement ring might have been nicer
    03-06-12 03:31 PM
    Yes if ur ever to sick to get out of bed, you can video chat her for some juice and snacks...
    True Story! LOL
    03-06-12 03:35 PM
    Hmm, I think the PlayBook as a ring would get in the way ...I reference the iPad as a wrist watch:

Wear your iPad as a wristwatch - Pulse

Enjoy
    03-06-12 03:42 PM
    I couldn't resist also when I found out about the sale in Jan. I got a 64gb at my local Office Depot for $199 been loving it every since!
    03-06-12 04:16 PM
    Hey guy,

Thanks for all the suggestions! I finally got my new PlayBook yesterday (less than a week) not bad. I got home from work and my grandma gave the great news, now it was time to get the 16gb PlayBook ready for my girlfriend. I have told her that I had a surprise for her and she has been asking for it the whole week (I like to tease her).

I was texting her on my way to her house (she didn't know I was going). When she saw me she started smiling because she knew i was there to give her the surprise. I gave her a hug and handed over the PlayBook which she though I was playing. She started crying and jumping around, she didn't know what to do. The only thing I was able to do was kissed her and wipe her tears.

After a while when she settled down, she told me she was planning on getting a PlayBook with her income tax return. I felt like a hero because I not only gave her a nice gift, but also saved her some money. In another note, I hope to enjoy some video chat with her soon. Thank you guys one more time for all the suggestions, much appreciated!!!
    03-14-12 01:03 AM
    The OP did not say he had lost his mind, just sole custody of the contest-awarded BlackBerry PlayBook.
    03-14-12 03:48 AM
    Hey guy,

Thanks for all the suggestions! I finally got my new PlayBook yesterday (less than a week) not bad. I got home from work and my grandma gave the great news, now it was time to get the 16gb PlayBook ready for my girlfriend. I have told her that I had a surprise for her and she has been asking for it the whole week (I like to tease her).

I was texting her on my way to her house (she didn't know I was going). When she saw me she started smiling because she knew i was there to give her the surprise. I gave her a hug and handed over the PlayBook which she though I was playing. She started crying and jumping around, she didn't know what to do. The only thing I was able to do was kissed her and wipe her tears.

After a while when she settled down, she told me she was planning on getting a PlayBook with her income tax return. I felt like a hero because I not only gave her a nice gift, but also saved her some money. In another note, I hope to enjoy some video chat with her soon. Thank you guys one more time for all the suggestions, much appreciated!!!
    Now she can use the income tax refund to buy some applications from BlackBerry AppWorld and/or a nice case to protect her treasured tablet.
    03-14-12 03:52 AM
    Let's hope she wasn't just using you for your Playbook.

From my BadAss Playbook with Tapatalk
    03-14-12 04:44 AM
    Guys, some of these comments are really sexist - seriously....

Great gift, OP!
    03-14-12 05:26 AM
    I bought a Playbook 64GB two weeks ago and I'm so impressed and pleased with it that I just bought a second one (also 64GB) yesterday. This one is meant for my wife (and kid), and I hope we'll be able to play some great games together.

Awesome games like Smiles HD etc strengthens my feeling regarding this excellent tablet.

I suppose your gift is quite impressive, I would really appreciate a gift like that (but then again, I'm a guy, and a gadget freak)
    03-14-12 05:45 AM
    Similar story played out in my house between my wife and I. I bought a 64 GB Playbook pretty early on to satisfy my need for new gadgets. My wife became addicted to playing Tetris, then Bejeweled, then Runik on it. She decided she needed a tablet of her own, tried out the ASUS Transformer (her Dad owns one) and opted for a 32 GB Playbook instead.

Now neither of us leave home without our PBs and we regularly video chat with each other.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    03-14-12 05:58 AM
    Women...you can't live with them...you gotta get them a PB!
    03-14-12 06:20 AM
    Now she can use the income tax refund to buy some applications from BlackBerry AppWorld and/or a nice case to protect her treasured tablet.
    I even gave her a case I purchased on ebay. Now I'm thinking about getting the new keyboard for me.
    03-14-12 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD