Just bought a 32GB playbook online for around $171. first off, good deal?
    Also, was it worth in 2012?

I love RIM products even though I always get a year old or older model (currently using Storm 2 as phone).

Was it a good buy or should i have waited to spend a bunch more money on Playbook 2 if and when it releases?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Roga; 08-01-12 at 10:14 PM.
    stevepar likes this.
    08-01-12 10:08 PM
    You are a smart man. Good choice on the purchase! And an amazing deal I think.
    stevepar, rotorwrench and Roga like this.
    08-01-12 10:11 PM
    given that rim is going to update pb with bb10 os in future its potential is just going to grow.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Roga likes this.
    08-01-12 10:14 PM
    If you are asking that question AFTER you bought it I would have to say fool.

But you made a genius move buying it.
    08-01-12 10:15 PM
    Congratulations on your getting a Playbook! I think you're going to be impressed with what your PB can do right now and when the updates come through, you'll find it even better!

Welcome to Crackberry!
    Roga likes this.
    08-01-12 10:17 PM
    thank you all for your comments, i guess it was a bit foolish to ask after buying, but I could always return the product.

I've actually been lurking on here for a couple years now, hope to get more involved in the forums. Thanks for the help guys!
    stevepar likes this.
    08-01-12 10:19 PM
    Genius for buying but fool for not telling where to get it.
    08-01-12 10:20 PM
    Genius for buying but fool for not telling where to get it.
    blinq + 10% off coupon

i wasn't sure if it was okay to post sites.

Also, its not new, but "open box" so we'll see.
    08-01-12 10:23 PM
    Yes, you did okay. Still, by far the best $200 tablet out there and you got the the $250 model for $171.

Thumbs up.
    08-01-12 10:45 PM
    First.... welcome to the Playbook club.... As for a good deal.... if you like what is does for you ... you got your good deal....
    08-01-12 10:52 PM
    Genius. I use mine more than I do my Ipad, Toshiba Thrive, and Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 combined.
    08-01-12 10:57 PM
    Might feel like a fool until the launch of the BB OS10 but after that, you can laugh back.
    08-01-12 11:26 PM
    I say fool.... But I am biased. When I had my Playbook it was so useless compared to my iPad. I hope you guys are right about BB OS10... I kind of doubt it though. Apple's share of the app developers market even leaves Android wanting for quality apps. I don't see OS10 attracting developers because market share is so tiny. We shall see.
    08-01-12 11:36 PM
    I say fool.... But I am biased. When I had my Playbook it was so useless compared to my iPad. I hope you guys are right about BB OS10... I kind of doubt it though. Apple's share of the app developers market even leaves Android wanting for quality apps. I don't see OS10 attracting developers because market share is so tiny. We shall see.
    Pot calling the kettle black?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-12 12:22 AM
    Do you keep up with the news? 400,000 dead apps on the iOS store. Guess what, RIM is not made of a bunch of people who obsess over form and factor.. they have some skills.. so they make their own apps. And BlackBerry has all the apps .. and plus many very high quality apps..

I hope you never do any business because you have no sense if you call a base of 70mn users, tiny.

And a developer, who does not see potential, growth, opportunity and profitability in BB OS10, I suggest that dev start working with some firm. Their business side of the brain does not exist.
    Last edited by varunsain; 08-02-12 at 01:21 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-12 12:48 AM
    Genius for sure. I bought my 64GB playbook in Malaysia 3 months ago, which costs around $390 to be honest. Because Playbook stock in Malaysia is so rare that I can't possibly get it any cheaper.

But I've never regretted
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-12 01:41 AM
    Infact advice to everyone.. It's a very good time now to buy the PlayBook.. The prices might just go up after PB 4G launch..

It's selling for as low as 150$.. It might not be the best combination as of now.. but the next update along with a BB10 phone.. will really boost the capabilities of the PB WiFi.. I believe it already has USB3.0 support.. Maybe the BB10 phone will come with USB 3 and then some more juice to the bridging..
    08-02-12 02:03 AM
    price doesn't matter, mate.

we're in for the Apple juice!

that's why I'll get my 5th PB soon and
    buy Toshiba, Cowon, Samsung and still Nokia.

regards
    Damian
    08-02-12 02:23 AM
    RE: I just bought a Playbook, genius or fool?

Well, if RIM will release the OS2.1 and itll bring our PlayBook in to a more competitive tablet, then you are a genius... otherwise, welcome to the club...
    08-02-12 06:18 AM
    Just bought a 32GB playbook online for around $171. first off, good deal?
    Also, was it worth in 2012?

I love RIM products even though I always get a year old or older model (currently using Storm 2 as phone).

Was it a good buy or should i have waited to spend a bunch more money on Playbook 2 if and when it releases?

Thanks.
    great deal. is it brand new ? if so $171 is awesome price

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-12 06:24 AM
    If the PlayBook meets your needs then it is a great deal if not then you should have researched more. Choosing a device is based on your personal needs. You posted you use a Storm 2, does the phone do what you need it too. If yes then keep using it. Many people believe they need a phone to use programs to make friends. Friends they will never meet.
    A phone shouldn't be an alternative to real life.
    You are neither a genius or fool, buy what you like.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-12 06:49 AM
    If no defects and battery is OK, this is very good deal, IMHO. Congratulations.

I just bought 64GB (several weeks usage, clean, unscratched) for 210 USD and am happy.
    08-02-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD