I bought it off of eBay for $240 shipped.

Unforutantely I don't live in the Irving, TX area so I missed out on the $199 64GB blow out deal. And Black Friday wasn't an option as I don't want to wait in line at Staples at Midnight (I only get to see my family twice a year, and I don't wanna spend that time away from them waiting in line to save $30), nor will I not have time during the day on Friday.

I'm pretty pleased that I essentially got it at half-off. Then again, I'm not really paying for it as I have been gifted a $250 Visa gift card.

Now it's the waiting game... Hopefully the seller ships out immediately; eBay estimates arrival by the 22nd or 23rd. Can't wait til I get it! I'm excited to say the least. Now I just have to make sure I get the latest update before 2.0 beta.

Last edited by jranciano; 11-18-11 at 03:15 AM.
    Mikefromindia likes this.
    11-18-11 03:05 AM
    Your going to love it J.
    11-18-11 03:30 AM
    First?

Why would you do this to yourself more than once?
    11-18-11 03:31 AM
    Your going to love it J.
    Thanks! Looking forward to Bridge!

First?

Why would you do this to yourself more than once?
    11-18-11 03:37 AM
    Oh you'll love it.
    I am glad more and more people are trying out PB themselves rather than going by cold reviews.
    PB is Simply superb.
    btw i am new to crackberry, my first reply.
    I also bought myself a 16Gb playbook, recently.
    i am content. even though friends forced me to buy an ipad2, i stick to our good old blackberry. and now they are jealous.
    Congo Bro.
    JR A likes this.
    11-18-11 04:47 AM
    No doubt than you're going to love your PB.

My advice is always for phones as well for the PB: Stay away from beta / trial OSses.

The bridge feture is awesome!

And...ofcourse...welcome to the world of real tablets!
    11-18-11 06:14 AM
    Congrats. Hope you like it and it will only be better when OS 2 comes.
    11-18-11 06:54 AM
    Picked mine up a few days ago as well. It really is very nice. Love the UI. And I have high hopes they keep improving it.

And apps. Needs more lol! Ive been an Android nerd for a while now (had a storm & 9700 before going Android) and you're really spoiled over there compared to whats available on the Playbook. But hoping things will change going forward
    11-18-11 07:07 AM
    You will definitely enjoy the PB.
    In regards to the OS (assuming this is a BNIB) unit, it will update to the most current OS after powering up, as you go through the settings config.
    11-18-11 08:34 AM
    Congrats!

I received quite a few PMs yesterday asking for PBs, but unfortunately was stuck at work until after 5pm. I did swing by the same Best Buy on the way home and they were sold out (they only had 7 left after I purchased mine yesterday morning).

But - I did hear that one of my co-workers bought three to sell on ebay, maybe you got one of his?

Either way - hope you enjoy yours!
    JR A likes this.
    11-18-11 08:41 AM
    Congrats!

I received quite a few PMs yesterday asking for PBs, but unfortunately was stuck at work until after 5pm. I did swing by the same Best Buy on the way home and they were sold out (they only had 7 left after I purchased mine yesterday morning).

But - I did hear that one of my co-workers bought three to sell on ebay, maybe you got one of his?

Either way - hope you enjoy yours!
    No problemo, I figured you were either at work or too busy playing with your new toy

I bought the 16GB model, so I don't think it was one of his.
    11-18-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD