I have seen it all....... Clip on Speakers.......

I wonder how good these sound.

I have seen them in Black, Blue, Green, White, Yellow and Red

Does anyone own these?

To view or Purchase, Search "Silicone Portable Speaker For Blackberry Playbook" or "Silicone Portable Audio Clip Speaker" on ebay

Youtube Video
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zli-MgMYC3E[/YT]
    Last edited by kretch; 06-08-12 at 01:11 PM.
    06-08-12 01:06 PM
    These look like an okay idea... wonder how good they sound?

As far as the Playbook goes, though, it's got half decent speakers built in to begin with...
    06-08-12 01:19 PM
    If they are low priced (say under $30) I believe they won't beat PB embedded ones ... But for a phone they can bring some extra volume levels ... what I hear from the vid is an over exaggerated mid-range ... not a good sign IMHO.
    06-08-12 01:22 PM
    If they are low priced (say under $30) I believe they won't beat PB embedded ones ... But for a phone they can bring some extra volume levels ... what I hear from the vid is an over exaggerated mid-range ... not a good sign IMHO.

You are likely correct about them sounding off, but that could also be the video recording rather than the speakers. Its unfortunate but the only real way to truly test speakers is in person.
    06-08-12 01:25 PM
    On ebay between 16.00 and 28.00

More data from the add on ebay.

High quality !!
    Perfect companion to any tablet.
    Conveniently hang on the edge of tablet,can hang on the edge of tablet not need take out the cover case.
    High-fidelity sound,High Power output.
    3.5mm plug compatible with all types of player equipment.
    Built-in Lithium battery,can work abuot 3-5 hours.
    Silicone covered for durability Compact size, easily to carry.
    Size:45 x 42 x 42mm
    06-08-12 01:26 PM
    Out of curiosity wouldn't they make it difficult to do the corner bezel gestures?
    06-08-12 01:28 PM
    Photo's of some other colors.

06-08-12 01:32 PM
    Maybe if you had an ipad with crappy speakers, but he PlayBook already has amazing speakers.
    06-08-12 02:10 PM
    So far I haven't had the need to use anything other than my playbooks speakers.

This would throw a ton of bulk on the playbook, not very practical Imo. I like the slender naked body of my playbook. Only time I have it in a case is when I'm using it over concrete
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    06-08-12 02:37 PM
    The speakers that come on the PlayBook are more than adequate. I have several external speakers that don't sound nearly as good. Thanks for the post, but I'll just use my ear buds or stock speakers...
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    06-08-12 02:48 PM
    Somebody start up K-Tel again? Why bother, cumbersome, pita and probably sounds worst then what's already on the device. Kind'of a neat find though.
    06-08-12 03:38 PM
    I can't see them sounding better than what's in the PB.

I just bought one of these to use on the iPod and such. It will be great for camping. I was really amazed at the sound quality from this fairly small unit. It's got a wooden box built in and the battery lasts several hours.

Rechargeable Speaker for MP3, Laptop, Cellphone | GOAL ZERO

Costco had them on sale for $22, that was too good to pass up.
    06-08-12 03:53 PM
    Different, but I will just stick with my Jawbone Jambox .
    06-08-12 08:00 PM
    The PB speakers are the best I have seen in a tablet by far. I do use a set similar to these on the post. The drivers look to be the same, but the enclosures are different. With my speakers, the quality is about the same as the PB, but can drive a bit more volume out. However these look a bit more convenient. Only your ears in person can tell!!
    06-08-12 09:30 PM
    The PlayBook's speakers are the height of high tech, reference monitor esoterica.
    06-08-12 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD