Would prefer not to reply with carrier details at this point, thanks.

Other questions are welcome (heading off to college soon, so can answer more questions later on)

thats a bit better 1 more quick question...well comment actually...

112 emails!?!?!?!? check your email omg. haha. that would drive me crazyy
    Barljo likes this.
    07-25-12 08:42 AM
    thats a bit better 1 more quick question...

112 emails!?!?!?!? check your email omg. haha. that would drive me crazyy
    I'm sure they're all spam anyway

But yes, to reiterate, the faster processor is definitely noticable. Even the mail app launches quicker, the browser definitely launches quicker and is ready to go faster. That used to bug me on the old wifi version. Now it's much less wait to tap that shortcut, or type the URL.

I've heard that web benchmarks like sun spider run better on this too, so I'm keen to try that out. Judging by the speed it seems to load complex pages at, I'm sure it will do well.

Still just 1GB memory, so if you load up enough applications, they bomb out. That sucks a little. But the processors are definitely faster! This thing is great. It feels even nicer than the original when you swoop around between menu's etc. omg it's like butter!
    07-25-12 08:46 AM
    Wow, what a welcoming community. The 4G has been in testing for a long time, I used one several months ago (it's not what you know, it's who you know). The OP is offering answer questions and all anybody can do is jump all over them. Makes me want to help in the future.
    sorry to contradict you -

OP wanted to be the first one, having credits, attention,
    admiration, envy or whatever.

so he was in charge to deliver things beyond that what
    anybody else could have written same.

and I am still not convinced because he delivered an image now
    which he could have come up in the first place without bringing
    himself into trouble at all.

lets see us the settings/about hardware details or simply
    show pics around the UMTS slot!

Damian
    07-25-12 09:46 AM
    Hi BlueFlame. I have posted screen grabs in the past. I just obliterate any details that I do not want broadcast like IP addresses and names and the like using "TouchUp Lite" from App World. It is a nice little touch up tool for PB.

I want a second PB and I am leaning to a 4G model. So any details you post helps me out!
    07-25-12 09:53 AM
    Don't forget that if your email or contacts account has been registered on an enterprise or similar server your screen capture is disabled- so then you either have to delete that account and reboot or take a picture with another device.
    myllym likes this.
    07-25-12 10:21 AM
    I know this is a long shot but does the browser support Silverlight? (try netflix.com or .ca to see) Is it OS 2.1?
    07-25-12 11:55 AM
    I know this is a long shot but does the browser support Silverlight? (try netflix.com or .ca to see) Is it OS 2.1?
    Dude, Silverlight will NOT be coming to the BB browser. No netflix period!
    07-25-12 12:11 PM
    Do you notice any difference in the display? Is there an improvement?
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    07-25-12 03:31 PM
    meh who cares, $500 something dollars for a playbook with a faster processor and a SIM card slot for a network that doesn't even have good coverage in your (and most) area(s).

RIM needs to worry more about software rather than cellular network tablets, bridge is sufficient as well as doesn't cost a lot and is reasonable for battery consumption.
    mhinc and leedium like this.
    07-26-12 12:05 AM
    It's a PlayBook. It has 4G. Wake me up when you have a BB 10 device, until then.. turn off the lights, lock the door and keep the music quiet I'm trying to sleep here. AND FFS, STOP EATING ALL MY POP-TARTS!
    07-26-12 12:14 AM
    It's a PlayBook. It has 4G. Wake me up when you have a BB 10 device, until then.. turn off the lights, lock the door and keep the music quiet I'm trying to sleep here. AND FFS, STOP EATING ALL MY POP-TARTS!
    Damn u Bla1ze!! Now I have to go out and buy a box of pop tarts to feed my craving!!
    DrBit2011 likes this.
    07-26-12 12:50 AM
    Wow, very hostile response from the community. Sorry 'bout that OP.

Have you tried running Android Apps on the device? Notice any differences?
    07-26-12 10:29 AM
    Dude, Silverlight will NOT be coming to the BB browser. No netflix period!
    Well, I did say it was a long shot! LOL! One way RIM could stick it to Netflix would be to support Silverlight. Take a peek at the CTV Silverlight site for the Olympics ctvolympics.ca. It's pretty awesome! Silverlight and Flash are supposed to be going away yet folks are still doing new stuff with it. Also, HTML5 video sites (sublime) use Flash as a fallback. Why do they do that when Flash is supposed to go away? Oh and IE 10 Metro version on Windows 8 also supports Flash! Go figure!!!
    07-26-12 11:48 AM
    I can't believe they devoted precious resources to provide 4G on a device that ridicules them.

They should have hurried to provide phones with BB earlier instead.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-26-12 12:38 PM
    Lol! Kinda how I'm feeling about it too. Don't really care about 4G just waiting for BB10. And before anybody gets upset, I'm not saying others shouldn't care so carry on.
    07-26-12 01:02 PM
    I can't believe they devoted precious resources to provide 4G on a device that ridicules them.

They should have hurried to provide phones with BB earlier instead.
    It will help them to get it working right so the phones don't release with problems. These playbooks are beta devices whether or not RIM wants to admit it. Nice betas that will be turned into a great device with updates.
    07-26-12 01:35 PM
    Yes, I agree it is beta devices, but I am a bit tired of all the promises of great updates.

I have just updated my Galaxy tab 7.7 with ICS, by the way. I bought it wifi only because because I already have a 3G phone, and even for the phone I don't see a need of 4G in the next year.

For me 3G is just for email, that's the only thing that is urgent, and for all other Internet things I can wait till I get on a computer, or close to a wifi spot.

Even with my wifi only Android tablet, I have Google maps working when I am looking for my way in an unknown place.
    07-26-12 01:49 PM
    Don't forget that if your email or contacts account has been registered on an enterprise or similar server your screen capture is disabled- so then you either have to delete that account and reboot or take a picture with another device.
    I've only seen the screen capture lockout work when you have a BB bridged. And all you have to do is lock the Bridge and you can screen cap all day long. Not sure what this has to do with the topic.
    07-26-12 04:02 PM
    It will help them to get it working right so the phones don't release with problems. These playbooks are beta devices whether or not RIM wants to admit it. Nice betas that will be turned into a great device with updates.
    RIM doesn't need another beta device. They already gave out over 6,000 Dev Alphas. Anything they can test with the 4G PlayBook they could just as easily test with the Dev Alpha. Also, there is a real good chance that Dev Alpha users will out number 4G PlayBook owners anyway.
    Kanuck34 likes this.
    07-26-12 05:18 PM
    Pretty well built beta devices...

And they will be getting BB10 in January.
    pixelpusher likes this.
    07-26-12 08:45 PM
    Can't explain how, but I received one last night.
    Was this pre-ordered? Or what do you mean by you "can't explain how, but you received one last night"?
    07-26-12 09:39 PM
    Guys, can we just be positive? OP just want to share some info about a product that is still new to most people, what's wrong with that? If you are not interested, just ignore this thread.
    westronic and sagec like this.
    07-26-12 11:18 PM
    Which LTE frequency bands are supported?
    Only LTE 700 or any other?
    07-27-12 12:44 AM
    ... If you are not interested, just ignore this thread.
    it isn't that simple mate -
    this kind of attention seeker insults the reason of all
    open minded reader and enquirer who have believed
    in OP's honesty of purpose.

none of them got his questions answered properly,
    others who thanked/liked may feel embarrassed now.

please allow me to alter your quote in -
    " Be cautious on threads beginning with an 'I' ".

regards
    Damian
    07-27-12 04:05 AM
    I've only seen the screen capture lockout work when you have a BB bridged. And all you have to do is lock the Bridge and you can screen cap all day long. Not sure what this has to do with the topic.
    If you read thru all the entries, you will notice that the OP was given grief for no screen captures... I was just pointing out that it locks out. Bridge is one mode where this occurs, so is when you are identified by the system as using a secured enterprise account.

So even if I am not bridged, unless I lock my work connection, I cannot capture.
    I have attached my capture, notice that my Work icon is locked, just like the ones the OP posted.

So it is germane to the discussion if he didn't know about locking Work to capture.
    Last edited by stevedee; 07-27-12 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Corrected spell check 'correction'
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    07-27-12 07:48 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD