Can't explain how, but I received one last night.

Happy to post any information those on the forum want. If you want a question answered about it, want me to try something on it - let me know. I'm here to serve!
    07-25-12 06:44 AM
    i just wana know how the os is running?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-25-12 06:47 AM
    does it have skype and netflix???

07-25-12 06:47 AM
    i just wana know how the os is running?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Umm. the OS is running well (Not sure what you meant to say there).
    07-25-12 06:48 AM
    Umm. the OS is running well (Not sure what you meant to say there).
    It has a 1.5Ghz processort, about 50% faster than the PlayBook no-4G
    07-25-12 06:49 AM
    does it have skype and netflix???

I wish. The version I have is running OS 2.0 - and therefore doesn't come with any fancy software. It's noticeably faster than the previous playbook.
    07-25-12 06:49 AM
    Can you run a speed test on the 4G connection and post a screenshot of it?
    07-25-12 07:05 AM
    Can you run a speed test on the 4G connection and post a screenshot of it?
    Honestly that won't be much use right now. My location has the worst coverage for 4G (partly due to my carrier not having 4G towers close to my location).

Maybe later today? But when in coverage, it's quite fast. The faster processors help too.
    07-25-12 07:07 AM
    I'm thinking this post has flame bait written all over it and the OP doesn't have the 4G but is trying to be cool...

I would say "Well played OP" but until we see evidence of the 4G box or a pic of him holding the 4G with a date stamp, I'm saying this is a hoax.

I've already seen the 4G box that has been sent out to testers and have seen the retail box as well, so you can't fool me
    07-25-12 07:15 AM
    I'm thinking this post has flame bait written all over it and the OP doesn't have the 4G but is trying to be cool...

I would say "Well played OP" but until we see evidence of the 4G box or a pic of him holding the 4G with a date stamp, I'm saying this is a hoax.

I've already seen the 4G box that has been sent out to testers and have seen the retail box as well, so you can't fool me
    I would upload a photo of me holding the Playbook, but I'm not that stupid

The device takes a micro SIM, there's a removable section at the bottom of the playbook near the charging port. When you remove the sim holder, the IMEI number is printed below.

In the settings menu on the device, a new Mobile Network option is available. It's the 4th item on the list, below About, Airplane Model and Wifi.

There's an advanced options icon on this page which shows settings to Access Point Name APN, and Virtual Private Network VPN.

Software is 2.0.1.668
    Also under the 'about' screen is a new section titled sim card. It shows ID and Carrier.

Now, any questions?
    07-25-12 07:29 AM
    not os 2.1? disappointed.

Also 2 questions:
    1. Are you in U.S or Canada?
    2. How much is your data plan?

thanks.
    Last edited by zzbsb; 07-25-12 at 07:35 AM.
    07-25-12 07:33 AM
    make and post a video review...
    07-25-12 07:40 AM
    Is all that info not previously known from leaked pics over the last few weeks?

First Photos of BlackBerry PlayBook 4G Surface? - N4BB
    Botz likes this.
    07-25-12 07:42 AM
    e

If he does have a Playbook 4G one week before the release its more than probable that he doesnt have a receipt, if you know what i mean eheh

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    07-25-12 07:44 AM
    Post a screenshot of your home screen with little connections drop down next to the battery meter showing so we can see the current date and whether there is a mobile "section" under the wifi connection or not.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-25-12 07:50 AM
    I would upload a photo of me holding the Playbook, but I'm not that stupid...
    watch that on youtube

and replace iPad with PB 4G...

full version on
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...-let-us-see-it

Cartman:
    Oh my God, isn't it awesome having an iPad, you guys?
    Hey Bebe, where's your iPad?
    Oh right, you're not cool enough!
    Hey, hey, did you see my iPad, Token?
    Funny, you don't seem to have one!
    I thought your family was rich!
    Haha! You dumbasses have to play four-square 'cause you don't have iPads!
    Oh, what should I do on my iPad next?
    Think I'll email some of my friends.
    Oh no, wait! Maybe I'll download some more cool apps!

Craig: Tom Solsman says you don't really have an iPad.
    Cartman: What?
    Craig: Tom Solsman says you just glued a piece of glass to an iPad cover and you're faking it.
    Cartman: Tom Solsman's dad is an alcoholic who drinks and drives!

Stan: Let me see your iPad, Cartman.
    Cartman: Seriously you guys! Tom Solsman's dad is a drunk driver. He's the one who ran over Joey Potts's dog because Joey Potts doesn't know how to take care of his animals, which is why he gets beat by his mom!

Kyle: Just let us see your iPad, Cartman.

Cartman: No, because the battery is dead; it just ran out of power!

Kyle: So, plug it in.

Cartman: I left my charger at home! Fine! I'm gonna go home and charge my iPad and bring it tomorrow, and you guys are gonna feel really stupid!

Damian
    Last edited by Anvil2k12; 07-25-12 at 08:01 AM. Reason: site added
    m_warden1, bluetroll, drum and 3 others like this.
    07-25-12 07:52 AM
    How much does it cost you on your plan? what carrier are you using?
    07-25-12 08:01 AM
    There are 4G eval/test units out there already. I don't know why people are giving the OP such a hard time.
    VerryBestr likes this.
    07-25-12 08:07 AM
    So anyone else notice how fresh this guy is? He registered today... Welcome to Crackberry, and please don't post here saying you have something that isn't being released until probably next week.

It doesn't make you cool to say that you have something a week before it's supposed to be released.

Now if someone who has been here awhile posts up they have one or has a high post count, I am more apt to believe you.

And app_Developer I know they are out in the wild, but read this post, it sounds fishy, or screaming "Look at me, I'm new and I'm cool cause I have a 4G Playbook before anyone else does"
    mandony likes this.
    07-25-12 08:09 AM
    Wow, what a welcoming community. The 4G has been in testing for a long time, I used one several months ago (it's not what you know, it's who you know). The OP is offering answer questions and all anybody can do is jump all over them. Makes me want to help in the future.
    07-25-12 08:23 AM

I'm with you on this. Lets see some actual proof of it. Untill its posted it does not exist.

I would upload a photo of me holding the Playbook, but I'm not that stupid

The device takes a micro SIM, there's a removable section at the bottom of the playbook near the charging port. When you remove the sim holder, the IMEI number is printed below.

In the settings menu on the device, a new Mobile Network option is available. It's the 4th item on the list, below About, Airplane Model and Wifi.

There's an advanced options icon on this page which shows settings to Access Point Name APN, and Virtual Private Network VPN.

Software is 2.0.1.668
    Also under the 'about' screen is a new section titled sim card. It shows ID and Carrier.

Now, any questions?

what do you mean by " im not that stupid" you think people will realize its just a reg playbook? or if you do have a 4g the guy u ganked it from at RIM may see you and take it back? lol
    Letting us know about spec's in the os that have already been leaked out is also not supporting yourself. thats basically like me saying I have a bb10. no not an alpha device the real deal release unit!! it does all of the things that have been mentioned that bb10 alpha will do already and upcoming features... need a photo or video post to support it.
    07-25-12 08:24 AM
    07-25-12 08:29 AM
    Wow, what a welcoming community. The 4G has been in testing for a long time, I used one several months ago (it's not what you know, it's who you know). The OP is offering answer questions and all anybody can do is jump all over them. Makes me want to help in the future.
    Some of the people are asking questions, and trying to get answers, like carrier cost for the data plan and we would like to see screen shots of it being used.

OP

How is the speed of the PB? Do you notice a difference between the Wifi only version/4G version?

Who is your carrier? Where abouts do you live so we know what the 4G speeds are like.
    07-25-12 08:29 AM
    Speed is definitely noticeable from wifi only version. Launching applications - faster. Even loading app world, it loads quicker...

Also,
    Last edited by BlueFlame01; 07-25-12 at 08:34 AM.
    07-25-12 08:31 AM
    Would prefer not to reply with carrier details at this point, thanks.

Other questions are welcome (heading off to college soon, so can answer more questions later on)
    07-25-12 08:37 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD