HI people ..

I have a playbook that is 2 months old .. and I have a few problems with it ..

First of all, it is running with an up to date software however, ever since i bought it I realized that I'm missing the following apps ..

1. Blackberry Video Chat App
    2. Blackberry News App
    3. Blackberry Music Store App
    4. Blackberry Pod Casts App

I did not find any of these apps on the device when I bought it, nor as I have updated it. These apps are not available on the app store aswell. Can someone help.

Second of all, I have just bought a new mac book pro. When i connect my playbook to it, it connects however the desktop manager does not offer me to back-up or restore ... only Sync ..

I deleted the desktop manager and tried re-installing but no use. On my old mac book, it used to work .. (unfortunately i sold it)

My third and last problem is .. My playbook connects to the WIFI at home and office fine .. the browser works and everything else is absolutely perfect .. when i go over to my bro's house, it connects to the wifi but no browser or any app that uses internet works!!

We use the same Linksys wifi at home, his home, and the office .. We restarted it .. we did everything that the forum have suggested to do but no use ,, the only thing left is formating .. and this is the least welcome solution ..

I know this is a long boring thread .. but if anyone can address one of these issues that would be great ..
    07-26-11 11:17 AM
    just search news in app world. It was the 8th one in the list. It is not one that is pre-installed.

The others should all be there. Plus I don'teven have the option to delete those ones that you seem not to have.
    moodyz27 likes this.
    07-26-11 11:37 AM
    It probably has something to do with your region, i know BB news is not available in some countries (its not available for me here in M�xico), there is a workaround for that by using proxies, search the forums, i know i saw the thread a while ago.

The other apps im not really sure if they're region blocked or not, have you tried wiping out your PB and register it with a different BB ID?, preferably with a US or Canada ID? im not sure if this is possible but its worth a try.
    moodyz27 likes this.
    07-26-11 11:54 AM
    HI people ..

I have a playbook that is 2 months old .. and I have a few problems with it ..

First of all, it is running with an up to date software however, ever since i bought it I realized that I'm missing the following apps ..

1. Blackberry Video Chat App
    2. Blackberry News App
    3. Blackberry Music Store App
    4. Blackberry Pod Casts App

I did not find any of these apps on the device when I bought it, nor as I have updated it. These apps are not available on the app store aswell. Can someone help.
    I don't recall ever seeing a News App....

Second of all, I have just bought a new mac book pro. When i connect my playbook to it, it connects however the desktop manager does not offer me to back-up or restore ... only Sync ..

I deleted the desktop manager and tried re-installing but no use. On my old mac book, it used to work .. (unfortunately i sold it)
    Wow, this far after launch, I would have thought it would be common knowledge that the PB can't (currentlyl) be used with Apple products. I haven't heard anything about when there will be new software for the Macs that will recognize the PB.

Sorry you didn't realize that before purchase. That would be an unwelcome surprise.

My third and last problem is .. My playbook connects to the WIFI at home and office fine .. the browser works and everything else is absolutely perfect .. when i go over to my bro's house, it connects to the wifi but no browser or any app that uses internet works!!

We use the same Linksys wifi at home, his home, and the office .. We restarted it .. we did everything that the forum have suggested to do but no use ,, the only thing left is formating .. and this is the least welcome solution ..

I know this is a long boring thread .. but if anyone can address one of these issues that would be great ..
    Have you contacted RIM support? There's a little icon in the Wi-Fi settings that has a "?" on it & that gets you into a little bit of information & logs that RIM could look at & maybe figure out what the deal is.

I don't suppose it's a different Wi-Fi setup? Maybe the router's guest configuration?
    moodyz27 likes this.
    07-26-11 12:47 PM
    Even I never had the Music Store & Podcasts App. Have the Video chat app though.
    moodyz27 likes this.
    07-26-11 01:10 PM
    Since you can confirm that the Wi-Fi internet is functioning on the PB (Since it works with YOUR router and at work) the only logical conclusion is that it MUST have something to do with HIS router - perhaps he has a filter for internet access.

If its a linksys router, save the connection information (ISP username, password etc if applicable) and reset it to factory settings. After you confirm it works with an actual PC, try the PB again.

My best guess is that it has a MAC filter or IP Allow/Block list set up.

Otherwise, I can't think of any reason it shouldn't work. GL
    moodyz27 likes this.
    07-26-11 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD