I just do!!

Now they released Splashtop Remote and I just had to buy it!! It's been THREE apps in less than a week!! Now they show OS2.0 in all its glory...

Devs will end up building more apps! Do you know what it means?? I'll end up broke!

Now, how many of you thought this was a serious thread?

On a side note, apps were Splashtop Remote Desktop HD, ProInsights and Asphalt 6: Adrenaline.

How have you been when it comes to putting coin into the tablet?
    01-11-12 02:04 PM
    I was like WHAT! diegonei has gone rogue! Splashtop is sweet but I'd prefer if Slingbox Player was released.
    logosteel likes this.
    01-11-12 02:31 PM
    I bought Splashtop on Ipad, IPhone and now on PB. Guess what version works and what version sucks? To give you a hint, the PB version does not work as advertised. It slows both the PB and the PC making the navigation nearly impossible.

Why it is so hard to make some decent apps for the PB and so simple for the I devices?

Boy I was so happy that Splashtop is here. Now I really hate my PB. One shattered hope after another..
    01-11-12 02:44 PM
    I just do!!

Now they released Splashtop Remote and I just had to buy it!! It's been THREE apps in less than a week!! Now they show OS2.0 in all its glory...

Devs will end up building more apps! Do you know what it means?? I'll end up broke!

Now, how many of you thought this was a serious thread?

On a side note, apps were Splashtop Remote Desktop HD, ProInsights and Asphalt 6: Adrenaline.

How have you been when it comes to putting coin into the tablet?
    LOL! I've actually bought the same three (Splashtop Remote Desktop HD, ProInsights and Asphalt 6: Adrenaline) in the past week myself. I've also purchased GroovyNotes.
    01-11-12 02:47 PM
    I bought Splashtop on Ipad, IPhone and now on PB. Guess what version works and what version sucks? To give you a hint, the PB version does not work as advertised. It slows both the PB and the PC making the navigation nearly impossible.

Why it is so hard to make some decent apps for the PB and so simple for the I devices?

Boy I was so happy that Splashtop is here. Now I really hate my PB. One shattered hope after another..
    Then get rid of it and be done with it. No need to screw with your mental health hating something, especially an inanimate object.
    SuperGenius likes this.
    01-11-12 02:48 PM
    I've been doing my part to support app development too. lol!

So far in the last week: Angry Birds, Dead Space, and checklist.
    01-11-12 02:49 PM
    apps are making me go bankrupt!!!. not really but ive spent a lot of money on a lot of apps already lol most of em games.... now im running low on space (16 gig model)>.<. i seriously wish that 299 deal for a 64gb was on when i bought mine

btw here are some apps that i think are must haves, at least for the paid ones.
    1. files and folder (awesome app)
    2. book reader
    3. a twitter client (like blackbird)
    01-11-12 03:01 PM
    Then get rid of it and be done with it. No need to screw with your mental health hating something, especially an inanimate object.
    Is it mentally unhealthy to LOVE an inanimate object?
    Because I do. I really do.
    01-11-12 03:06 PM
    Is it mentally unhealthy to LOVE an inanimate object?
    Because I do. I really do.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha, ha, ha, ha, ha......now I know why you didn't give that train lady a second look. I bet you carry spare butyl rubber patch kits and a mini-bicycle pump with you everywhere you go.
    01-11-12 03:10 PM

I hear it's because submitting the app to RIM is confusing and harder than other platforms. I have no facts to back this up.
    01-11-12 03:10 PM
    I, frankly, never thought I would buy apps ... but I have.

Files and Folders
    Simple Browser Plus
    A Glucose Diary - GliControl
    Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Rio
    Battery Guru

I'm sure there are more ... but these are all I can remember.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-11-12 03:18 PM
    1st one I got was Dead Space... Been getting more at least once a week...

And no, I won't ever go rogue. If the day comes to leave BlackBerry behind, I'll do it with a tear drop, not a rant.
    01-11-12 03:22 PM

Try the Citrix receiver app on the PlayBook and iPad for more of the same.

I was at the chalet chatting with an executive from an iconic Canadian company. She saw my PlayBook and asked how it was. I gave my honest appraisal. She mentioned that her company is heavily invested in Citrix technology and asked of there was a Citrix client. She travels a lot and thought a highly portable device like that would be very useful, perhaps even allowing her to leave her laptop behind on some shorter trips. I went to App World and sure enough there was Citrix receiver. Free too. Quick download and off we go. She tried to log in. Got to her apps page (Word etc). Forgive me it the terminology is incorrect as I don't interact with Citrix much. Went OK, but poking at an application (eg Word) failed to start it. Turns out there was also an iPad2 there. Same procedure, different and far more positive result.

Oh, for the "apps are fluff, just give me the basics" crowd, read the example above again. This is a large and profitable business. A functioning Citrix receiver app could potentially move many PlayBooks out of warehouses into the hands of these employees. I think at least one would have moved this week if that were the case.
    01-11-12 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD