I Got the Playbook blues-canada-avatar.gifHi guys and gals...Im going out of my fricking mind..a few things,the most important,updated my 4G/32gb to 2.0.1.668 as it said to do so..now read here there is a 2.1.0.1526 better kid in town update..thats for another day of madness that I want to waste hours on trying to do..the thing is we all love apps..and I cannot open MY World app...I see the updates in the corner and when I try to do the right thing all I get is a pretty blank screen of muted red circles...no spinning hypnotic little green circle doing its magic.. so I hold down high/low and power to restart..go to updates in settings and now it updates for the App World..all good until I try to open anything..it reverts back to the pretty red blank screen....agrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I have been trying to find and download a fresh App World..that being said someone will say go to a total wipe..no way..I have read many things here where people do that and now I have more problems or just a unit to go skeet shooting..its a good thing I live on the ground floor....MJ
    swanibs likes this.
    07-14-13 12:43 PM
    Hello, and Welcome to the Forums. First thing I would do is update the OS to 2.1
    Mikeej likes this.
    07-14-13 12:47 PM
    You can only access appworld/bbworld/neverneverland using wifi. If you have wifi setup and it is not working, you can try deleting that saved account and reestablishing it.

Oh, and Lendo, he can't - 3g PB updates are controlled by the carrier!!!!

(I don't know if he removes sim card whether it would bypass carrier????)
    Lendo and Mikeej like this.
    07-14-13 02:01 PM
    You can only access appworld/bbworld/neverneverland using wifi. If you have wifi setup and it is not working, you can try deleting that saved account and reestablishing it.

Oh, and Lendo, he can't - 3g PB updates are controlled by the carrier!!!!

(I don't know if he removes sim card whether it would bypass carrier????)
    Well that sux,
    07-14-13 02:05 PM
    Well that sux,
    Yes, it does. Can you imagine if Verizon controlled it - our pb's would still be at OS0.9999
    07-14-13 03:23 PM
    I did try to update to 2.1.0.1526..but I can even update anything because App World will not open properly..App World..I get as far as looking at what have installed and uninstalled page then click on say a new update version for NFS..and it goes back to the home page and and then I have to reset the Book again,go to Settings and Upgrade to get to new apps and boom..nothing..there must be a way instaed of a complete wipe I can download on top of the funky not working half as app I have been screwing with for hours...
    07-14-13 04:14 PM
    Thanks F2...Im always on WIFI..every app in this Playbook works except the main one I want at to do things ..the god darn App World...Im going to ask for the 3rd time..should I just do a wipe and start over...???????I Got the Playbook blues-j0395789.gif
    07-14-13 04:24 PM
    I don't see how App World even needs to come into play. Go to settings and tap on software updates and check for updates. If your carrier is supporting .1526 then it should be prompted to you. Download and install.
    Mikeej likes this.
    07-14-13 05:38 PM
    Im going to post a vid..I did a clean wipe..back to fresh start..everything is updated..OS and then up comes app world update accept box..yes I click..I do get into the the app world..I look around ..then click on what I have installed in app world and want to get new version..click...then poof...the app closes down and Im left with a blank app with muted Blackberry circle background....there 2 pending updates for app world in left corner or Playbook...I click on..app world opens..only theres nothing there..just a background..Im going nuts...every other app works but the App World to get new damn apps...and there are no more software updates for the OS..Im there...2.0.1.668 I can only dream of every updating to this so called 2.1.0.1526 I read about on this site...
    07-14-13 09:06 PM
    Which carrier are you with. I'm with Bell and the .1526 update was offered up many months ago. You cannot get this update through App World but only through the settings.
    07-14-13 11:16 PM
    Im going to post a vid..I did a clean wipe..back to fresh start..everything is updated..OS and then up comes app world update accept box..yes I click..I do get into the the app world..I look around ..then click on what I have installed in app world and want to get new version..click...then poof...the app closes down and Im left with a blank app with muted Blackberry circle background....there 2 pending updates for app world in left corner or Playbook...I click on..app world opens..only theres nothing there..just a background..Im going nuts...every other app works but the App World to get new damn apps...and there are no more software updates for the OS..Im there...2.0.1.668 I can only dream of every updating to this so called 2.1.0.1526 I read about on this site...
    You might follow yamahammer's lead and see if you can buy, borrow or steal a Bell sim card.
    07-15-13 12:46 AM
    Sorry you got issues with your PlayBook but welcome to CrackBerry!
    Mikeej likes this.
    07-15-13 02:55 PM