I test drove one yesterday as well. I think I freaked the lady out because I was flying on it. Knew all the gestures (thanks Crackberry!). That was a nice little fix. I loved everything about it. The size is perfect.
    04-18-11 08:09 AM
    Got to play with one yesterday too. Thanks CB and Kevin for teaching me all the gestures and navigation. My memory is horrible (thanks bb for memo app) so i don't remember what version it was running, or i was just too excited to remember. Either way it was pretty quick, noticed a little bit of lag when switching between landscape and portrait but other than that it was great. Store i was in actually had two playbooks out on display, continuously charging, wi-fied, and available without asking for it. Area i was in had a display with other tabs all on the same table. Sales rep even walked up and said "We have the new blackberry tablet over there on the corner display if you want to check it out." To which i promplty replied with a smile and a swivel of the PB in my hands to show him I was already here for serious business. But I guess that's good that somebody there was promoting it. Loved the screen and feel of it in my hands. Guess it's due to my hugeantic hands but i was able to type with both thumbs in landscape when browsing the web That is a plus for me as I won't have to one hand type when i get mine. Now my dilemma is if i want to buy a pistol or the PB first.
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    04-18-11 09:00 AM
    DAMN YOU PLAYBOOK! For being so cool, now I must have one. Once the screen was on, I was hooked. The bb had to remove the display and put it where I could use it (no power where they were at). I used it for 20 minutes, went to sites that the xoom had issues with, and loved the screen. LOVED IT. Very fast and wasn't even on 1628 build. Just hooked and easy to read sites etc., loved the ability to full screen the browser. Youtube and other players worked PERFECTLY and I could interact with volume controls etc. *sigh* I was jaded from my xoom so I think I was against the playbook till I powered it up, wife will pick my 16 gig up tomorrow. Weird, the unit I had had a small spec UNDER the glass, I am anal about those things and saw that.

Now this week rocks, I got a root canal Thursday. Damn it, but suppose to be painless procedure and just some soreness later. My playbook can comfort me.
    04-18-11 01:27 PM
    OMG! I just got to play with one at the bbmobile store on my lunch. I am as in LOVE with it as I thought I would be! Puts this iPad2 I'm on right now to shame, with the exception of some games but I could live without Words with Friends and play Scrabble on FB. Hoping the boss will let track one down tomorrow.

The screen is as beautiful as the reviewers said and the size is perfect for typing and to take it on the go. I have to tuck this iPad under my arm constantly and it's getting old.
    04-18-11 06:53 PM
    Yeah the screen blew me away. I mean, it was so crisp and the colors popped. Sites looked great.
    04-18-11 07:01 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD