I just got back from a trip to Calgary the other day. It was my first trip anywhere since getting my PlayBook, and it made this one of the greatest travel experiences I've ever had.

Highlights:

-Splashtop allowing me access to my PC from across the country

-Comics and Book Reader keeping me busy on flights

-the new OS dropping in the middle of my trip and making my favourite possession/toy/tool even better; most notably the integrated email and the improved browser

-all the attention it got from friends, and even strangers

-the INCREDIBLE built in cameras taking beautiful pictures and wonderful videos, allowing me to relive my favourite moments both on the go and since returning home

-the airport waits being made less than a bother thanks to free wifi

-and unrelated to the PlayBook, my Edmonton Oilers destroying the hometown Flames 6-1 in the most memorable game I've ever attended :P
    LewLew23 likes this.
    02-29-12 06:15 PM
    Love it, I don't leave home without it !
    02-29-12 06:18 PM
    Same here, i'm kinda looking for the BlackBerry Zip Sleeve case so i can baby my PlayBook.
    While i'm on the go. I neither can't leave without my PlayBook from home anymore too lol.
    Great picture though. Seems you had great lovely trip. PlayBook + on the trip = good experience!
    02-29-12 06:25 PM
    I agree, even though it is not perfect and is now less needed, Bridge still provides internet access! That is worth a lot considering the fees some places want to use their internet.

I went to Israel and the playbook was a camera, book, computer, game console, movie theater, and much more combined into one compact convenient device.
    Last edited by laidbackguy; 02-29-12 at 06:32 PM. Reason: addition
    02-29-12 06:28 PM
    I have the Targus Zierra case for my PlayBook which, since purchasing, I could not imagine my PlayBook experience being the same without it.

Keeps my stylus handy, and if I'm not into carrying a wallet on certain days, my cards or a little cash can go right into the card slots. It's such a great case and according to my previous experiences, Targus does make a quality, durable product.

I also forgot to mention in my OP that the convenience of getting on my flights with my e-tickets was probably another highlight. The airline personnel were able to scan my QR code right off of my PlayBook screen and not once did I have to handle a ticket.

EDIT: My only beef with the Zierra is that it needs to lay open when I charge. Two fixes I've thought of for this would be to cut a hole (which I don't much want to do to such a great looking case), or get the quick charge adapter because the 90 degree plug would fit I do believe. I do want one of those chargers but $60 for a charger is a bit steep, I can't imagine feeling good about paying any more than $30 for it.
    Last edited by mem0ryburn; 02-29-12 at 06:41 PM.
    02-29-12 06:34 PM
    Like the old advertisement for American Express goes - "Don't leave home without it!"

I was also at the Flames / Oilers game last week - and as an Oilers fan living in Calgary, it just doesn't get any better than that!
    mem0ryburn likes this.
    02-29-12 06:43 PM
    Well if you saw a short fat guy with an Oilers flag as a cape with a tall skinny friend in a blue plastic hockey helmet (both with jerseys of course), then that was me! lol What a game! GO OIL!
    02-29-12 06:46 PM
    I hate not having mine nearby. The few times I've decided I wouldn't need it, I ended up regretting it so I pretty much haul it everywhere It makes traveling so much easier and enjoyable. Will try the "ticket on PlayBook" move for my next trip.

The rapid charger is great. Fast and it allows my wife's case to close. I have the CaseMate Pop case and the plug fits even when standing. Also, the magnetic connection means much less likelihood of damaging the microUSB port. There have been on sale at many places. I picked up 2 at RadioShack stores, although they are out of stock online. 20 bucks is much more palatable...

BlackBerry Rapid Charging Pod for Playbook Tablet : Tablet accessories | RadioShack.com
    02-29-12 06:55 PM
    I never leave home without my PlayBook. Have already taken it to Cuba last summer and on 2 trips to Niagara Falls in the last 3 months and next weekend it's coming with me to Montreal.

It makes everything easier.

As previously mentioned, with the Bridge feature I never have to worry about finding a WiFi hotspot, even though since 7.1 came out my Bold 9900 is my mobile hotspot lol I don't always have to use it and drain the battery.

Was hoping that OS2.0 would have some sort of RDM program built in but it just means that I'll have to buy Remote Desktop for BB PB before my next trip so I can access all my files, not just the ones I've uploaded to Box and Dropbox, still some files I don't want floating around in the cloud.
    02-29-12 06:56 PM
    whats the difference between the flames and a bra?

the flames only have one cup. my favourite joke I think I will be able to tell for a few more years based on how they've been playing

it sucks being a flames fan
    mem0ryburn likes this.
    02-29-12 06:57 PM
    I travel daily across the U.S. For work and have had my Playbook with me since it came out. I can't imagine going anywhere without it. Emails, trip retorts, expense reports, down time, etc. I just can't understand why BlackBerry Travel is still not available for PB.
    02-29-12 08:48 PM
    Preaching to the choir my good man. Did some traveling when I first got mine (first week) and haven't looked back since.
    02-29-12 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD