............As my wife, the "Playbook newbie " says.
    I was all excited to sideload all the Android apps of her choice. I said, "hey, I can get you the Pandora app", she's like, "why, can't I listen through the browser? ". Xfinity? It works fine through the browser. Ebay? It's fine through the browser. She's ruining all my fun. I said, "well at least let me put the kindle app on there for you.
    12-26-12 10:20 PM
    Cool, just don't ever delete your browser cookies for logins
    Not to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't ever wish for RIM to get the impression we're satisfied with using the browser as a replacement. even the bb10 browser. I want them courting as many developers as they can and never stop. Browser is okay as a short term bandaid but trust me, eventually it gets old after so long, especially when an app can store login/password credentials indefinitely whereas a browser does so only between cleaning out a bloated history.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-27-12 12:49 AM
    in appworld, the Pandora app is called Apollo...
    kdeckels likes this.
    12-27-12 03:28 AM
    and soundcloud is called "soundnine". why can't they just use the darn name were searching for. it makes kt hard on us playbook folks...lol
    12-27-12 03:29 AM
    but yes I need an app of everything too...lol. they're built for convience.. easier to navigate when checking a watched item on ebay...I wish playbook had notifications like a phone does.. even if the app wasn't open, id still be alerted of a soon endkng bid or somithing. bb10 I hope will be lots better hehe
    12-27-12 03:33 AM
    I noticed today that while bridging with the Apollo Pandora app, I kept having buffering problems.....but, while streaming Pandora through the native browser played fine, just like it always has.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-28-12 05:38 PM
    Cool, just don't ever delete your browser cookies for logins
    Not to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't ever wish for RIM to get the impression we're satisfied with using the browser as a replacement. even the bb10 browser. I want them courting as many developers as they can and never stop. Browser is okay as a short term bandaid but trust me, eventually it gets old after so long, especially when an app can store login/password credentials indefinitely whereas a browser does so only between cleaning out a bloated history.
    Actually, one of the main reasons why apps were developed in the first place was because the current implementation of web services and the standards for developing and delivering them (network infrastructure included) were not compatible with the mobile usage paradigm. As we converge more to unified web standards and the speeds of both networks and devices increase, expect to see less and less apps.
    12-29-12 12:23 AM
    As long as there are Internet activities that require logins like Facebook, twitter etc, using a browser will only remain as convenient as long as you never clean the cookies and history, which isn't practical. Dedicated apps alleviate that. New Web based standards also do nothing to replace apps that don't have much to do with an Internet connection.
    12-29-12 10:03 AM
    but yes I need an app of everything too...lol. they're built for convience.. easier to navigate when checking a watched item on ebay...I wish playbook had notifications like a phone does.. even if the app wasn't open, id still be alerted of a soon endkng bid or somithing. bb10 I hope will be lots better hehe
    I don't understand... the BlackBerry Playbook does have notifications. If you get a new message the red L appears in the top left corner of the screen and the notification light on the front blinks. Oh yeah, and the messages icon appears in the top left, which upon clicking gives you an explanation "You have received a new message". Could applications not use this system?
    12-30-12 11:57 AM