It seemed to work for the first iPhone. But then I guess Apple fans were already at the door.
    I've got to half agree with you there. The other half says that they had a lot of "doors" in the form of viral marketing, Apple stores, and advertising.
    10-05-11 08:12 PM
    I've got to half agree with you there. The other half says that they had a lot of "doors" in the form of viral marketing, Apple stores, and advertising.
    Good point.
    10-05-11 08:16 PM
    Getting some quality time with my PB in the company break room is getting tough these days....must be tough to find a functioning PB in the stores these days Repeated requests to view the HD demo video, quick browser and picture files. Successful uploading of a Korean soap opera upon request without a hitch garnered attention from those with tablets without flash capability. Multi-tasking without the annoying refreshing of websites was another feature that stirred a bit of PB envy. Got to find another quiet spot! I think I just sold three PBs for Rim this afternoon
    10-11-11 10:47 PM
    man so im always on this site but never write anything... but after reading this i just thought it'd be appropriate to share:

so a couple months back i was at the downtown best buy in toronto and i was playing around with the playbook and a fella that was looking around asked me about it and said that he had *heard* that it was junk and that you HAD to have a BB to use any email.
    so of course i corrected him.
    i showed him all the swipes (could tell he was getting interested) and then i told him that no, there is no native email BUT i asked him how he accesses email at home, and he said through his browser. i knew he was going to say that so i opened the browser and went to hotmail and i said that you could place an icon on your menu screen to have a bookmark. he was stunned.
    from the reviews that he had read, he had assumed (and i dont blame him...) that email was not available.

and then i told him about how this multitasks and an ipad doesnt. he first questioned me because he said that he has seen multiple apps open on an ipad but i told him that the ipad suspends app usage when it's in the background.

so naturally i walked him over to an ipad 2, opened up one of the news apps, and then as it was loading i quickly pressed the home button to minimize, and then i told him that while we wait, i would go on a website (tsn or espn or youtube... or something with flash) to show him that it couldnt work and that the majority of the movie/tv stream shows that i (and him too) watch are all flash. so after that, went back to the app and it was still in the load screen.

he then shook my hand, asked if i worked for RIM, and then he said he would buy one.

OH i also showed him how to switch between apps on his old curve and some hot keys and stuff.

ya.. rim ftw
    10-11-11 11:30 PM
    On launch day, I convinced this guy to buy the Playbook tablet as he didn't know how to use it. Being a BB fanboy, I knew how to use the thing before I'd even handled it. I showed him the docs to go, multitasking, video and cameras and he was sold.
    10-11-11 11:43 PM
    I have shown of the PB to at least 4 people that have gone out and purchased one. Mostly for a business need and they have been pretty happy for the most part, now Citrix Receiver for Playbook is out and that's huge!! Needs work but is still a major addition for those using it for work!
    Visargo likes this.
    12-21-11 12:04 PM
    Finally a positive thread! Thanks for all your stories and keep up the good work!
    12-21-11 12:50 PM
    This post makes me sooo happy. As I mentioned in a previous post, I showed my PB to my financial Advisor (he might be reading this post since he likes our forum) and he loved it. Two comments he made was regarding the quality and the bridge functionality. He even wanted me to bring it back when we have a follow-up meeting.

All i had to do was let him take a look, play with it and show how easy it is to operate via gestures. It has been said here that RIM does a bad job of selling this tablet and it comes down to us to advocate for it, which I do because I love my PB so much.

Great post!
    12-21-11 01:44 PM
    We all need to "Occupy Waterloo" February 2012 and have a film crew videotape what could be the best commercial ever for Blackberry.

Anybody with me? Roadtrip anyone?
    12-21-11 01:50 PM
    We all need to "Occupy Waterloo" February 2012 and have a film crew videotape what could be the best commercial ever for Blackberry.

Road trip! They're in:

jafobabe likes this.
    12-21-11 02:18 PM
    Who's the blond? I'm goin'..........

P.S. Kharmin Ghia that VW?
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-21-11 02:22 PM

I can probably make it out...check my location -->

Most people that I show my PB to are genuinely interested and simultaneously shocked to find out everything it can do (and do very well) contrary to was the rumour mill has been spreading over the past 9 months.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 12-21-11 at 02:25 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-21-11 02:23 PM
    I can probably make it out...check my location -->
    Yeah buddy....I'm retired, so I'm in. That makes 4 of us, you, me, and the 2 ladies in the Veedub. OK, who else?
    12-21-11 02:25 PM

Don't you recognize them? They're in the HD demo video.
    12-21-11 02:25 PM
    Don't you recognize them? They're in the HD demo video.
    I haven't even checked the demo video.
    12-21-11 02:26 PM
    I was hoping for Thelma and Louise...but we know how that ended
    12-21-11 03:08 PM
    We probably wouldn't have to help RIM sell the Playbook if the sales reps did their job a little better.
    At least 1/2 of the Playbooks I see in stores are non-functional. Not because they are broken but because they aren't plugged / charged.
    Also, at our local Staples there are no accessories available in store.

I've used my own in Costco to show a guy what they are like because the demo model was dead.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-21-11 06:44 PM

Damn I was taking a nap - how did you get first pick?...oh you meant barskin. Good I'll take the blonde in the car.

BTW what did the brunette do with her windshield wiper?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-21-11 at 07:07 PM.
    12-21-11 07:02 PM
    I stopped into Staples tonight, looking for one of the PlayBook charging pods on clearance. (Got one for $14.99!) I ran into one of our VPs from work looking at the Kindle Fire for his wife. I suggested looking at the PlayBook, but they didn't have one on display. I got mine from the car as the salesman explained what.the Fire could do. He tried to show a video on it but couldn't get it to work. I pulled up the demo video on my PB and showed that it could do more than the Fire. His wife likes to read, so i pulled up Kobo and the first book he saw in the library was Art of War, one of hid favorite books. He ended up buying the PlayBook. Another convert!
    Lhendr and jafobabe like this.
    12-21-11 07:56 PM
    Damn I was taking a nap - how did you get first pick?...oh you meant barskin. Good I'll take the blonde in the car.

BTW what did the brunette do with her windshield wiper?
    Oh...whoa, Jack! You know, a lot of men think my thick luxuriant moustache is really, hot.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-21-11 08:07 PM
    OK, who else?
    I'm out - my green card has expired so they wouldn't let me back in if I left the US. Although Canada might not be so bad - they talk metric there at least.
    12-21-11 08:43 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD