I thought i had the perfect gift for my girlfriend, money is pretty thight right now for both of us but i somehow managed to get my hands on a 16 GB PlayBook, she always borrows mine when she is at my place and she loves it, i preloded it with apps, games, her favourite books, movies, music, etc. we are going to be appart for the holidays so the video chat would have been incredibly useful, so this was going to be the best christmas gift ever.
    Anyway, i was driving her home yesterday when she gets a call for one of her coworkers telling her that she just won a 16GB iPad 2, the look on her face was priceless, she was incredibly happy, she told me how she really wanted a tablet since she's been using mine, and since her computer broke down this was going to be very useful, now don't get me wrong im really happy for her, she is the love of my life and i just want to see her happy, but i also feel a little mad that she won that ipad, i wanted the PB to be the perfect gift and now i have to figure out what to do with it.
    12-07-11 11:09 AM
    I thought i had the perfect gift for my girlfriend, money is pretty thight right now for both of us but i somehow managed to get my hands on a 16 GB PlayBook, she always borrows mine when she is at my place and she loves it, i preloded it with apps, games, her favourite books, movies, music, etc. we are going to be appart for the holidays so the video chat would have been incredibly useful, so this was going to be the best christmas gift ever.
    Anyway, i was driving her home yesterday when she gets a call for one of her coworkers telling her that she just won a 16GB iPad 2, the look on her face was priceless, she was incredibly happy, she told me how she really wanted a tablet since she's been using mine, and since her computer broke down this was going to be very useful, now don't get me wrong im really happy for her, she is the love of my life and i just want to see her happy, but i also feel a little mad that she won that ipad, i wanted the PB to be the perfect gift and now i have to figure out what to do with it.
    Do you think she'll prefer the PlayBook over the iPad 2? If so, I'd tell her what you planned for her and she can sell the iPad 2. Otherwise, it looks like you're stuck either returning or selling it to someone (there are tons of people looking for a 16GB PlayBook).

Good luck.
    12-07-11 11:13 AM
    I feel for ya. Let her play with the ipad for a few weeks then gift the PB. Tell her the story. I'm sure she will get a kick out of it.
    JR A, UltraBlackBerry and bquinney like this.
    12-07-11 11:16 AM
    Do you think she'll prefer the PlayBook over the iPad 2? If so, I'd tell her what you planned for her and she can sell the iPad 2. Otherwise, it looks like you're stuck either returning or selling it to someone (there are tons of people looking for a 16GB PlayBook).

Good luck.
    I dont want her to sell the ipad just so she can acept my gift, i know that if i tell her she would do it just to see me happy, but that was not why i got her the PB and i really think that shes gonna like the iPad 2, i'd probably had to sell it and think of another gift for her.
    12-07-11 11:31 AM
    If she's the love of your life I'm sure she knows that give her the Playbook, tell her the story. She'll use the Playbook instead Although I don't know what will become of that iPad2 lol
    12-07-11 11:36 AM
    The ipad 2 is a nice thing to have. Let her be happy with it.If she change her mind in the future, you can always get her a playbook. (after all, she is the love of your life)

Buy her a $100.00 gift card so she can stock her ipad with books, music and such.

Remember that Skype do work on ipad 2 but not yet on your PB.
    12-07-11 11:44 AM
    There isnt a problem as far as I can see. Multiple tablets are becoming the norm in modern relationships. Crazy kids!
    CracklePot and jafobabe like this.
    12-07-11 11:49 AM
    ...snipped... the look on her face was priceless, she was incredibly happy...
    Find her a new gift, my friend. It's called affordable jewelry. We'll help you unload the PB16.
    12-07-11 11:50 AM
    If money is tight, I would agree with SuperGenius and sell that iPad. That's a quick and easy $500 on Craigslist. You'd get more $$ out of that vs. selling the PB, and sell it in less time too. Holiday shopping with the profit will make her happy
    12-07-11 11:51 AM
    Let her keep the iPad. I like what another poster said about a $100 giftcard to add apps to her iPad. Or, buy her jewelry instead.

Like you said, she's the love of your life. What tablet she uses doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-07-11 11:55 AM
    Let her try the ipad for a bit and then ask her if she likes it or your playbook better. Go from there.
    Tules likes this.
    12-07-11 12:19 PM
    Happy wife, happy life.
    12-07-11 12:22 PM
    I can think of about 1 million more things to complain about than winning a free iPad. Take the PlayBook back and get the iTunes gift card for her.
    12-07-11 12:28 PM
    Let her choose what she likes best and it doesn't matter which one it is. I'd be happy to win an ipad also but I still would personally rather have the playbook.

She is the one that will be using whichever.
    12-07-11 12:38 PM
    Let her choose what she likes best and it doesn't matter which one it is. I'd be happy to win an ipad also but I still would personally rather have the playbook.

She is the one that will be using whichever.
    Believe i know, i have absolutely no problem with her using an iPad or whatever is that she chooses to use, im no fanboy, i actually like the ipad and i know that she would like it too, its an awesome tablet, i didnt intend this to be an iPad VS PB thread, she could have won a PB and i would still be in the same predicament: i made a great effort to buy her what i though would be the perfect gift and now it isnt, in the end all that matters is that she is happy, and i know it may sound sellfish but i cant help to feel a little dissapointed that it wasnt me who got her the tablet.
    12-07-11 12:58 PM
    Let her keep both. In most circumstances, the iPad is the more capable machine, with a wealth of software and media access that the PB is presently far from matching.
    But, the iPad is a "large" 10" tablet. The PB is a pocketable 7" device, with a few distinct advantages over the iPad. With the two of them, she can fill both niches. Let us know how she divides their use and which she prefers for what.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-07-11 01:01 PM
    Believe i know, i have absolutely no problem with her using an iPad or whatever is that she chooses to use, im no fanboy, i actually like the ipad and i know that she would like it too, its an awesome tablet, i didnt intend this to be an iPad VS PB thread, she could have won a PB and i would still be in the same predicament: i made a great effort to buy her what i though would be the perfect gift and now it isnt, in the end all that matters is that she is happy, and i know it may sound sellfish but i cant help to feel a little dissapointed that it wasnt me who got her the tablet.
    Very understandable. Whichever she ends up with you can always get her accessories for it.
    12-07-11 01:19 PM
    I have a Playbook, but my wife has an iPad. We each have the perfect device for _our_ wants and needs.

She needs reading glasses - bigger is better. I don't need reading glasses and prefer something more compact and discreet.

She is totally non-technical and loves how the "big button at the bottom" gets her out of trouble and how the little icons get her into trouble.

I'm the geek-head. I like the warm fuzzies that come from learning about, poking into, and tweaking all the geekish stuff under the hood.

What kind of person is _your_ wife?

Fit the device to the person, not the person to the device. It's good to have choices.
    Last edited by CracklePot; 12-07-11 at 02:00 PM.
    12-07-11 01:58 PM
    Let her keep both. In most circumstances, the iPad is the more capable machine, with a wealth of software and media access that the PB is presently far from matching.
    But, the iPad is a "large" 10" tablet. The PB is a pocketable 7" device, with a few distinct advantages over the iPad. With the two of them, she can fill both niches. Let us know how she divides their use and which she prefers for what.
    This would be my advice too. One can never have too much technology IMO:-)
    12-07-11 02:24 PM
    dude, that sucks!
    sell the ipad. enjoy the video chat...and the extra $ together.
    Megacharge likes this.
    12-07-11 02:50 PM
    I would still give her the PB. The PB is ultra portable and she will find it easier to leave home with it and take it out and about even at home when you dont want to hold a large tablet when watching tv or doing other things. The ipad can be left home when she needs a bigger screen or certain function that isnt on the pb yet, its a win win.
    12-07-11 03:02 PM
    Let her use it for a while and see how she likes it after a couple of weeks. If you can tell she still prefers the PB over the iPad, gift her the PB and sell the iPad for a quick and easy $500 or so since money is tight.

If she does like the iPad up til xmas, then return/sell the PB and do something nice. I've found that the actual gift wasn't as important as the experience. Do something she wouldn't expect like planning a night of adventure or something romantic. Get creative!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-07-11 03:17 PM
    Seriously, just give her the PlayBook, it means more than just gettin 100 in gift cards. The PlayBook represents a well thought out gift that you took time to get. Plus the video chat being able to stay in touch is s huge plus. Trust me as a married man, happily, give her the PlayBook, she'll dump the iPad in a heartbeat because it means more than a gift card after the fact. The pb says to her you pay attention to her, the gift card will say you didn't know what to get.
    12-07-11 04:13 PM
    I'd say tell her the TRUTH! Let her know you got her the PB, but then add that it's up to her on which one she wants to happily USE and keep and that you're happy with her decision either way, as long as she's happy with it. If she's happy with the maxiPad then you both win because she's happy. If she's happy with the PB then you both win because she's happy.
    12-07-11 04:44 PM
    I would let her test it out (iPad) and see what she likes better. Its win-win really. She may come to you and be like "Really wish i had the portability of your PB. " Then there is your window.

Problem with that, there is only a couple weeks till Christmas and some people take awhile to come to decisions.

Either or, you sell the iPad and make a profit, or take the PB back in time before return time is up, or sell on CL. You will sell them easily, especially this time of year, but only one will net you a nice profit.

Good luck

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 04:46 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD