@JohnAtBlackBerry i have bought a used Playbook today to watch some movies , but the seller got some data on it, and when i arrived home an made a wipe on the playbook i can't activate it , i got error 132353 , please help
    08-27-19 04:45 PM
    @JohnAtBlackBerry i have bought a used Playbook today to watch some movies , but the seller got some data on it, and when i arrived home an made a wipe on the playbook i can't activate it , i got error 132353 , please help
    When wiping and starting fresh after setting up Wi-Fi, wait a few minutes before going to the next step. Sometimes it needs the time to see the server to activate.
    08-28-19 07:31 AM
    When wiping and starting fresh after setting up Wi-Fi, wait a few minutes before going to the next step. Sometimes it needs the time to see the server to activate.
    I try it but still dont work 🙁
    08-28-19 10:08 AM
    I try it but still dont work
    Try download a debrick image for the Playbook.
    08-28-19 10:50 AM
    Try download a debrick image for the Playbook.
    Still doesn't work, i try to fix it with Blackberry desktop manager but still getting same error , many other playbooks owners are having this problem , i think the Blackberry servers are down
    08-28-19 11:23 AM
    Si, están caidos. Así es como trata esta compañía a sus usuarios. Es una vergüenza. Dinero tirado.
    08-28-19 12:11 PM
    Hi,
    I am a bit concerned on some of the comments in this thread.
    If I were to buy a new boxed 64 Gb BlackBerry PlayBook now (there are still some around!) would I actually be able to connect it to 'the internet' OK?
    Thanks
    08-28-19 02:43 PM
    Product End of Sales and Development End of Life
    BlackBerry 10.3.X August 2018 December 2019
    Android 5.X & 6.X - Priv October 2017 December 2019
    Android 6.X - DTEK50 June 2018 TBA
    Android 6.X - DTEK60 August 2018 TBA
    BlackBerry 10 OS versions 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2.X Dec 2014 April 2018
    BlackBerry 7 OS versions 7.0 and 7.1 Jul 2014 April 2018
    BlackBerry 6 OS Dec 2013 April 2018
    BlackBerry Device Software 5
    Sept 2013 April 2018
    BlackBerry PlayBook OS 1.0.X Dec 2013 April 2018
    BlackBerry Smart Card Reader version 2.X Jun 2013 April 2018
    BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0.x and 2.1.X Apr 2014 April 2018
    TBA - To Be Announced; no dates have been announced to date.

END OF DEVELOPMENT

The date as of which BlackBerry will no longer provide fixes, updates, or security patches for the specified version of software. Technical Support will attempt to exhaust all options to provide a product resolution, but resolution cannot be guaranteed.

END OF LIFE

The product will no longer be supported by BlackBerry
    There will be no new versions of software
    No software patches, security fixes or workarounds will be generated to resolve any product issues
    BlackBerry Technical Support will no longer accept or troubleshoot issues directly related to the OS or application

———————————————— —————————

The above is copied directly from the BB website.

Importantly, the EOL definition/explanation in writing is what has to be considered BlackBerry’s official position until BlackBerry officially changes.

Regardless of what anyone wants to believe or infer either way, it’s clear that BB doesn’t want any misunderstanding.

Hiya! I'm assuming you're referring to the posted BlackBerry 10 End of Life date of December 2019 here? https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ort-life-cycle

I'm not sure what has been planned for that time (I'm not in the loop for it, sorry). Feel free to tag me here if something goes awry though, especially before then. Cheers--
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 08-28-19 at 03:15 PM.
    08-28-19 03:03 PM
    I don't actually think the last post from Chuck Finley69 was intended as a reply to my previous one, and I think I understand the current position so far as the BlackBerry Playbook is concerned.
    What I woud like to know though, is that if I were to buy one now, wouldI be able to use it, at least until the end of this year, and possibly even after that, which is a gamble I am prepared to take.
    08-28-19 03:34 PM
    I don't actually think the last post from Chuck Finley69 was intended as a reply to my previous one, and I think I understand the current position so far as the BlackBerry Playbook is concerned.
    What I woud like to know though, is that if I were to buy one now, wouldI be able to use it, at least until the end of this year, and possibly even after that, which is a gamble I am prepared to take.
    When you start the playbook for first time you need to do the setup and after you connect it to wi-fi the playbook need to activate and check for updates , and the problem is the servers are down and it Stay stuck on that step and you can't Skip that step
    08-28-19 04:11 PM
    The best answer is maybe. There’s nobody that’s obligated to you. The new sealed box is meaningless. Think of it as first date with someone you could marry but you haven’t met yet.
    08-28-19 04:18 PM
    Thanks, but some folks are saying that the BlackBerry servers are 'down' at the moment.
    If this situation could continue, would this mean that all BlackBerry PlayBooks could no longer connect to the internet at all, or woukd it just mean that they couldn 't be updated, or in the case of a new one, even initialised?
    Sorry if my questions sound a bit 'basic' but I am not that familiar with the way things should currently 'work', so far as BlackBerry is concerned!
    Thanks!
    08-28-19 04:25 PM
    Thanks, but some folks are saying that the BlackBerry servers are 'down' at the moment.
    If this situation could continue, would this mean that all BlackBerry PlayBooks could no longer connect to the internet at all, or woukd it just mean that they couldn 't be updated, or in the case of a new one, even initialised?
    Sorry if my questions sound a bit 'basic' but I am not that familiar with the way things should currently 'work', so far as BlackBerry is concerned!
    Thanks!
    It means that some people haven’t been able to activate or reactivate their current or recently acquired used PlayBooks and the BlackBerry employee that replied before hasn’t replied. Even if this was 30 days ago, the problem could still happen or not happen. If the price is something you could spend on Powerball lottery tickets, go for it. That’s best answer you’ll get from anyone other than BlackBerry themselves.
    08-28-19 04:33 PM
    Well, it did cost me a bit more than a lottery ticket, but I have ordered one anyway!
    It is the 64 GB model, (PRD-38548-006) and is advertised as being boxed, brand new and unused.
    Although on eBay, it is being sold by a Company, rater than a private seller, and comes with a 14 day return policy, plus a 3 month guarantee. so if I find that I am unable to activate or initialise it for any reason, then I will be returning it for a full refund.
    If it is still 'working' once we reach 2020, then that will be an aded bonus!
    Last edited by Montala; 08-29-19 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Typo!
    08-29-19 08:13 AM
    I have two bricked PlayBooks now, 132353 error. I will keep them around in case this gets fixed. Otherwise I have to trash them. We are wasting resources and killing our planet like this.
    morrismichaeld likes this.
    08-29-19 09:04 AM
    I have two bricked PlayBooks now, 132353 error. I will keep them around in case this gets fixed. Otherwise I have to trash them. We are wasting resources and killing our planet like this.
    I have to say that I am a bit concerned to hear about the number of users who are receiving the dreaded 132353 error at the moment.
    Does this in effect mean no one can currently go "on-line" with their PlayBook, or is it just that they are unable to do certain 'things', such as activating a new PlayBook, for example, which will be one of my first challenges?
    (Do we know if the BlackBerry servers are still 'down'?)
    Last edited by Montala; 08-29-19 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Additional question!
    08-29-19 04:19 PM
    I have to say that I am a bit concerned to hear about the number of users who are receiving the dreaded 132353 error at the moment.
    Does this in effect mean no one can currently go "on-line" with their PlayBook, or is it just that they are unable to do certain 'things', such as activating a new PlayBook, for example, which will be one of my first challenges?
    (Do we know if the BlackBerry servers are still 'down'?)
    @JohnAtBlackBerry Any update ?
    08-29-19 06:53 PM
    Is it for a security reason that we need to "update" it in order to use it? It just doesn't make sense why when we do a refresh it forces us to "update" the device.
    08-29-19 11:26 PM
    Is it for a security reason that we need to "update" it in order to use it? It just doesn't make sense why when we do a refresh it forces us to "update" the device.
    Security wipe actually wipes the built-in apps from the device too. When I wipe and start up a clean Playbook, I skip the update and only put on the basic apps I need/want (android, music player, etc). Keeps the system quicker. Mind you, this is before the current problem with activation that people are experiencing.
    08-30-19 07:04 AM
    @JohnAtBlackBerry Please help! Same problem here! I did a wipe to clean my PlayBook, and now I can’t use it anymore!
    08-30-19 09:05 PM
    Unfortunately the device which was sold to me as a 'new' PlayBook wasn't, as it had been used, and connected, before!
    Therefore, once I had connected to my Wi-Fi, and entered my BlackBerry ID, it tried to activate itself again, using my details, which obviously failed, giving me the dreaded 132353 error message.
    It is therefore being returned first thing on Monday morning for a full refund!

@JohnAtBlackBerry - Do you think this problem will ever be rectified?
    Last edited by Montala; 08-31-19 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Correction
    08-31-19 12:49 PM
    Unfortunately the device which was sold to me as a 'new' PlayBook wasn't, as it had been used, and connected, before!
    Therefore, once I had connected to my Wi-Fi, and entered my BlackBerry ID, it tried to activate itself again, using my details, which obviously failed, giving me the dreaded 132353 error message.
    It is therefore being returned first thing on Monday morning for a full refund!

@JohnAtBlackBerry - Do you think this problem will ever be rectified?
    New or used doesn’t really matter as either way device has to go through activation process.
    08-31-19 04:55 PM
    New or used doesn’t really matter as either way device has to go through activation process.
    Presumably it wouldn't do so for an existing user, who hadn't changed anything though?... Or would it?
    09-01-19 02:07 AM
    Presumably it wouldn't do so for an existing user, who hadn't changed anything though?... Or would it?
    If there’s no reason for the playbook to contact the BBID server, then I don’t think problem is affecting that playbook. The problem seems to affect wiped playbooks with existing BBID attempting server contact or never used playbook attempting first time server contact. It’s basically the same thing so distinction isn’t relevant.

If an existing user hasn’t used device for a period of time, I believe the device attempts server contact.
    09-01-19 07:28 AM
    If there’s no reason for the playbook to contact the BBID server, then I don’t think problem is affecting that playbook. The problem seems to affect wiped playbooks with existing BBID attempting server contact or never used playbook attempting first time server contact. It’s basically the same thing so distinction isn’t relevant.

If an existing user hasn’t used device for a period of time, I believe the device attempts server contact.
    Thanks, I was begining to think that might be the case, which is fine for existing regular PlayBook users, but there woukd appear to be no point now in anyone buying a used, second hand (or even new!) PlayBook, or even passing theirs on to another person with a different BlackBerry ID, as they would all end up with a device which is virtually useless, as it can no longer connect to "the internet", or do anything else at all really... what a shame!
    09-01-19 08:31 AM
222 1234 ...