Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry PlayBook

I can't activate my PlayBook!

Asked: Apr 07 2019 | 2:31 am EDT 11822 Views 204 Answers

If i try to connect in my computer is nothing and play book say hasnt complete or finish set up to your device.
I m trying to update by using wifi poay is stack and say your tablet could not be activated because of error.

More Answers

Apr 08 2019 | 1:01 pm EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

If i try to connect in my computer is nothing and play book say hasnt complete or finish set up to your device.
I m trying to update by using wifi poay is stack and say your tablet could not be activated because of error.
Not fully understanding the whole "connect in my computer" and "wifi poay is stack"....

You have to finish the Setup process before you can connect to your computer... Have you connected to your wifi network (have you tried another).

But as Bla1ze pointed out, there have been activation issues in the past...
Apr 08 2019 | 2:15 pm EDT JohnAtBlackBerry

Hi! Thanks for the mention! We'll take a look here to see if anything is amiss.
Apr 09 2019 | 5:16 pm EDT sussexjohn

hi same for me. have been speaking to blackberry support via Twitter but no luck. can you confirm the servers are still up. they said they were but seen other posts saying there not
Apr 10 2019 | 12:42 pm EDT thephatmaster

Thanks for looking John, I too am having setup issues following a security wipe - the update / activation fails with a 132353 or 3001 error
Apr 10 2019 | 2:00 pm EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

I was planning on waiting until closer to the end of the year to wipe my PlayBooks and Z10 and start fresh.... now I'm wondering if waiting isn't a good idea.
Apr 10 2019 | 4:18 pm EDT rebroker2009

I recently wiped a couple of PlayBooks and had no problems using them after they updated. not sure if it's because I had the necessary files already on my PC or not
Apr 11 2019 | 1:01 pm EDT thephatmaster

I just updated and activated successfuly so fingers crossed any server issues are sorted. JohnAtBlackBerry, if you did something, thank you very much!
Apr 11 2019 | 2:55 pm EDT JohnAtBlackBerry

Howdy! Please have a try now. We're seeing success on our side after tinkering with some services.
Apr 11 2019 | 3:15 pm EDT nullshark

Yup! A pawn shop a couple stores down from me put a big box of "dead" electronics in the dumpster shed, this past Monday.
I saw a 32GB Playbook in there and grabbed it. I tried a couple times a day to get past the Update screen, and after seeing this thread, i thought I'd wait a while... Two hours ago, it went through!
I now have a functioning 32GB FOR FREE! (Already had a 16GB, that I bought for $99 during the fire-sale, and I now just use it as an e-reader but eh, a second one can't hurt).

Thanks John, and all your teams!
Apr 11 2019 | 3:45 pm EDT Stoyanov s

Working as it should.

Posted via CB10
Apr 11 2019 | 3:49 pm EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

Howdy! Please have a try now. We're seeing success on our side after tinkering with some services.
Don't suppose you can comment on what happens to "your side" at the end of the year.....
Apr 11 2019 | 5:58 pm EDT JohnAtBlackBerry

Don't suppose you can comment on what happens to "your side" at the end of the year.....
Hiya! I'm assuming you're referring to the posted BlackBerry 10 End of Life date of December 2019 here? https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ort-life-cycle

I'm not sure what has been planned for that time (I'm not in the loop for it, sorry). Feel free to tag me here if something goes awry though, especially before then. Cheers--
Aug 22 2019 | 2:58 pm EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

Well they just fixed the BB10 issues.... maybe the PlayBook certificates expired too. Should be an easy fix.
Aug 23 2019 | 8:13 am EDT nirv80

I must have wiped my playbook at exactly the wrong time (when the issue re-occurred) considering the reply gap on this post between April and the 21st of august (which is when I wiped mine ).
@Dunt Dunt Dunt your reply looks promising though. I'll try re-activating the playbook tonight and update here, hopefully I get a nice Activated message and I can load it with videos for my kids (the only use I ever got out of it to be honest).
Aug 23 2019 | 10:01 am EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

I must have wiped my playbook at exactly the wrong time (when the issue re-occurred) considering the reply gap on this post between April and the 21st of august (which is when I wiped mine ).
@Dunt Dunt Dunt your reply looks promising though. I'll try re-activating the playbook tonight and update here, hopefully I get a nice Activated message and I can load it with videos for my kids (the only use I ever got out of it to be honest).
Yeah mine is a Disney Movie Player for the grandkids...

If it doesn't work, replay here and include an @JohnAtBlackBerry so he'll check on it again.
Aug 24 2019 | 3:06 pm EDT nirv80

I could swear I replied yesterday but I don't see my reply yet.

Anyway... @JohnAtBlackBerry, activation on playbook still not going through any chance you can help or let us know if this is likely to come back to life?

Thanks
Aug 25 2019 | 5:10 pm EDT midfavila

I'm having issues with my Playbook, too. Picked mine up from a thrift store for ten bucks, was super excited to have a fresh install after the reset. Is there any way that this could be resolved? Fails with error 132353 after updating the OS. @JohnAtBlackBerry
Aug 27 2019 | 4:45 pm EDT ivannelcs

@JohnAtBlackBerry i have bought a used Playbook today to watch some movies , but the seller got some data on it, and when i arrived home an made a wipe on the playbook i can't activate it , i got error 132353 , please help
Aug 28 2019 | 7:31 am EDT DOCTOREVIL8

@JohnAtBlackBerry i have bought a used Playbook today to watch some movies , but the seller got some data on it, and when i arrived home an made a wipe on the playbook i can't activate it , i got error 132353 , please help
When wiping and starting fresh after setting up Wi-Fi, wait a few minutes before going to the next step. Sometimes it needs the time to see the server to activate.
Aug 28 2019 | 10:08 am EDT ivannelcs

When wiping and starting fresh after setting up Wi-Fi, wait a few minutes before going to the next step. Sometimes it needs the time to see the server to activate.
I try it but still dont work 🙁
Aug 28 2019 | 10:50 am EDT DOCTOREVIL8

I try it but still dont work
Try download a debrick image for the Playbook.
Aug 28 2019 | 11:23 am EDT ivannelcs

Try download a debrick image for the Playbook.
Still doesn't work, i try to fix it with Blackberry desktop manager but still getting same error , many other playbooks owners are having this problem , i think the Blackberry servers are down
Aug 28 2019 | 12:11 pm EDT Raquel Reina

Si, están caidos. Así es como trata esta compañía a sus usuarios. Es una vergüenza. Dinero tirado.
Aug 28 2019 | 2:43 pm EDT Montala

Hi,
I am a bit concerned on some of the comments in this thread.
If I were to buy a new boxed 64 Gb BlackBerry PlayBook now (there are still some around!) would I actually be able to connect it to 'the internet' OK?
Thanks
Aug 28 2019 | 3:03 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

Product End of Sales and Development End of Life
BlackBerry 10.3.X August 2018 December 2019
Android 5.X & 6.X - Priv October 2017 December 2019
Android 6.X - DTEK50 June 2018 TBA
Android 6.X - DTEK60 August 2018 TBA
BlackBerry 10 OS versions 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2.X Dec 2014 April 2018
BlackBerry 7 OS versions 7.0 and 7.1 Jul 2014 April 2018
BlackBerry 6 OS Dec 2013 April 2018
BlackBerry Device Software 5
Sept 2013 April 2018
BlackBerry PlayBook OS 1.0.X Dec 2013 April 2018
BlackBerry Smart Card Reader version 2.X Jun 2013 April 2018
BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0.x and 2.1.X Apr 2014 April 2018
TBA - To Be Announced; no dates have been announced to date.

END OF DEVELOPMENT

The date as of which BlackBerry will no longer provide fixes, updates, or security patches for the specified version of software. Technical Support will attempt to exhaust all options to provide a product resolution, but resolution cannot be guaranteed.

END OF LIFE

The product will no longer be supported by BlackBerry
There will be no new versions of software
No software patches, security fixes or workarounds will be generated to resolve any product issues
BlackBerry Technical Support will no longer accept or troubleshoot issues directly related to the OS or application

———————————————— —————————

The above is copied directly from the BB website.

Importantly, the EOL definition/explanation in writing is what has to be considered BlackBerry’s official position until BlackBerry officially changes.

Regardless of what anyone wants to believe or infer either way, it’s clear that BB doesn’t want any misunderstanding.

Hiya! I'm assuming you're referring to the posted BlackBerry 10 End of Life date of December 2019 here? https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ort-life-cycle

I'm not sure what has been planned for that time (I'm not in the loop for it, sorry). Feel free to tag me here if something goes awry though, especially before then. Cheers--
Aug 28 2019 | 3:34 pm EDT Montala

I don't actually think the last post from Chuck Finley69 was intended as a reply to my previous one, and I think I understand the current position so far as the BlackBerry Playbook is concerned.
What I woud like to know though, is that if I were to buy one now, wouldI be able to use it, at least until the end of this year, and possibly even after that, which is a gamble I am prepared to take.
Aug 28 2019 | 4:11 pm EDT ivannelcs

I don't actually think the last post from Chuck Finley69 was intended as a reply to my previous one, and I think I understand the current position so far as the BlackBerry Playbook is concerned.
What I woud like to know though, is that if I were to buy one now, wouldI be able to use it, at least until the end of this year, and possibly even after that, which is a gamble I am prepared to take.
When you start the playbook for first time you need to do the setup and after you connect it to wi-fi the playbook need to activate and check for updates , and the problem is the servers are down and it Stay stuck on that step and you can't Skip that step
Aug 28 2019 | 4:18 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

The best answer is maybe. There’s nobody that’s obligated to you. The new sealed box is meaningless. Think of it as first date with someone you could marry but you haven’t met yet.
Aug 28 2019 | 4:25 pm EDT Montala

Thanks, but some folks are saying that the BlackBerry servers are 'down' at the moment.
If this situation could continue, would this mean that all BlackBerry PlayBooks could no longer connect to the internet at all, or woukd it just mean that they couldn 't be updated, or in the case of a new one, even initialised?
Sorry if my questions sound a bit 'basic' but I am not that familiar with the way things should currently 'work', so far as BlackBerry is concerned!
Thanks!
Aug 28 2019 | 4:33 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

Thanks, but some folks are saying that the BlackBerry servers are 'down' at the moment.
If this situation could continue, would this mean that all BlackBerry PlayBooks could no longer connect to the internet at all, or woukd it just mean that they couldn 't be updated, or in the case of a new one, even initialised?
Sorry if my questions sound a bit 'basic' but I am not that familiar with the way things should currently 'work', so far as BlackBerry is concerned!
Thanks!
It means that some people haven’t been able to activate or reactivate their current or recently acquired used PlayBooks and the BlackBerry employee that replied before hasn’t replied. Even if this was 30 days ago, the problem could still happen or not happen. If the price is something you could spend on Powerball lottery tickets, go for it. That’s best answer you’ll get from anyone other than BlackBerry themselves.
Aug 29 2019 | 8:13 am EDT Montala

Well, it did cost me a bit more than a lottery ticket, but I have ordered one anyway!
It is the 64 GB model, (PRD-38548-006) and is advertised as being boxed, brand new and unused.
Although on eBay, it is being sold by a Company, rater than a private seller, and comes with a 14 day return policy, plus a 3 month guarantee. so if I find that I am unable to activate or initialise it for any reason, then I will be returning it for a full refund.
If it is still 'working' once we reach 2020, then that will be an aded bonus!
Aug 29 2019 | 9:04 am EDT Thunder_Blade

I have two bricked PlayBooks now, 132353 error. I will keep them around in case this gets fixed. Otherwise I have to trash them. We are wasting resources and killing our planet like this.