lol.......very little. The module is rudimentary.
    I've used it to pair to bt keyboards, a headset, and of course for Bridge functionality between phone and tablet! Not bad for rudimentary.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-18-19 10:17 AM
    I've used it to pair to bt keyboards, a headset, and of course for Bridge functionality between phone and tablet! Not bad for rudimentary.

Posted via CB10
    It's BlueTooth 2.1, so for it's day probably had everything available (services/profiles) but compared to the BT of today it's pretty sad. The big one for me would be lack of file transfer, for instance.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-18-19 10:28 AM
    Hi everyone !! I was cleaning off my playbook to give it to a friend and I got the error 132353 and no matter what I do, I can't get to my home screen or settings. Is there an OS file out in internetland somewhere that I can download and then somehow boot my playbook to the file on a memory card or something. I sure hope someone has an answer. I love my PB and hate to get rid of it or see it as a doorstop but it's way too slow now...

Thanks in advance,
    Roberta
    09-19-19 12:47 AM
    Hi everyone !! I was cleaning off my playbook to give it to a friend and I got the error 132353 and no matter what I do, I can't get to my home screen or settings. Is there an OS file out in internetland somewhere that I can download and then somehow boot my playbook to the file on a memory card or something. I sure hope someone has an answer. I love my PB and hate to get rid of it or see it as a doorstop but it's way too slow now...

Thanks in advance,
    Roberta
    If you read thread it will explain the problem. There’s no solution for now.
    09-19-19 05:25 AM
    Hi John
    I am having the same problem...132353 error cannot activate??? I cannot even wipe clean to try again
    Please help this 62 year old non techy Nana
    09-19-19 09:10 AM
    Hope you can make the playbook viable
    09-19-19 09:15 AM
    Please make this work....my hubby will be so angry if I wasted money on playbook
    09-19-19 09:32 AM
    Please make this work....my hubby will be so angry if I wasted money on playbook
    Really? That would set off alarm bells for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 12:37 PM
    Hey balosan,

Hang in there. I'm pretty sure this will get resolved; it's only a question of how long it will take. You have not wasted money!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 01:04 PM
    I'm shocked that there isn't a bootable OS file somewhere.Frankly I'm shocked someone here doesn't have it. DAMN! This makes me so mad that I chose to wipe it using the tablet's feature rather than delete my few files and pics myself!! DAMNIT!
    09-19-19 02:29 PM
    Hey balosan,

Hang in there. I'm pretty sure this will get resolved; it's only a question of how long it will take. You have not wasted money!

Posted via CB10
    Four weeks is a long time. I’d suggest if someone can return for a refund, it would be a good idea.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-19-19 03:39 PM

If you can return for a refund, I would as we don’t know if or when this can be fixed. The playbook officially went EOL 04/2018 so there’s no actual obligation to fix.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-19-19 03:41 PM
    I'm shocked that there isn't a bootable OS file somewhere.Frankly I'm shocked someone here doesn't have it. DAMN! This makes me so mad that I chose to wipe it using the tablet's feature rather than delete my few files and pics myself!! DAMNIT!
    It's not the OS file that is an issue... for security reasons the PlayBook has to "phone home" for activation of a "new" or "clean" PlayBook. But right now BlackBerry isn't answering....

It on their end of the system....
    @JohnAtBlackBerry said they would try to look into it when they could and let us know if they can fix it.

If they can users should be good for another few months, as this has been a regular issue for almost a year now.
    09-19-19 03:54 PM
    The OS isn't the issue. Even if you had such a file you wouldn't be able to complete the setup process without the verification on the BBID on BlackBerry's side. It's a security feature built into the PlayBook OS.

This is the downside of BlackBerry's enterprise security heritage. They didn't really think much about individual consumers using their products years after the EOL date.

I too hope this gets resolved son that I can continue to use my PlayBook, which gets more use than my newer iPad Air 2.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-19-19 04:04 PM
    It's not the OS file that is an issue... for security reasons the PlayBook has to "phone home" for activation of a "new" or "clean" PlayBook. But right now BlackBerry isn't answering....

It on their end of the system....
    @JohnAtBlackBerry said they would try to look into it when they could and let us know if they can fix it.

If they can users should be good for another few months, as this has been a regular issue for almost a year now.
    This is false. I've been activating Playbooks multiple times this past year with no problem until very recently.
    09-19-19 04:23 PM
    Four weeks is a long time. I’d suggest if someone can return for a refund, it would be a good idea.
    Only if they WANT to return it for a refund, which is certainly their perogative. However, if they want to use the device, they should hang on to it given Blackberry's history of fixing these sorts of issues. It is admittedly taking longer than it should on this one; no one would deny that. But if people want to hang on to their devices there is evidence of an eventual fix.
    09-19-19 04:25 PM
    This is false. I've been activating Playbooks multiple times this past year with no problem until very recently.
    So, what changed if it wasn't something on BlackBerry's side? Isn't part of the activation process a check on a BlackBerry server, and isn't that what is now failing? I think it may not be a coincidence that the issue started just as they fixed the activation issue for BB10.

09-19-19 04:33 PM
    Only if they WANT to return it for a refund, which is certainly their perogative. However, if they want to use the device, they should hang on to it given Blackberry's history of fixing these sorts of issues. It is admittedly taking longer than it should on this one; no one would deny that. But if people want to hang on to their devices there is evidence of an eventual fix.
    Now that’s a ridiculous answer. Did you not read the part about the upset husband? Of course anyone can hold onto what right now is a giant paperweight. If the person knew before the purchase it wouldn’t activate, do you think said person would have bought the device?

Remember, the idea, seriously, is to help people. If BB does indeed fix the problem, the person could always go back and repurchase the device.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-19-19 04:35 PM
    So, what changed if it wasn't something on BlackBerry's side? Isn't part of the activation process a check on a BlackBerry server, and isn't that what is now failing? I think it may not be a coincidence that the issue started just as they fixed the activation issue for BB10.

Oh, I don't disagree--something has definitely changed. But it's a recent change, not something which has been happening on and off all year as DDD indicated.
    09-19-19 04:41 PM
    Oh, I don't disagree--something has definitely changed. But it's a recent change, not something which has been happening on and off all year as DDD indicated.
    It happened back in April of this year as per thread
    09-19-19 04:42 PM
    Now that’s a ridiculous answer. Did you not read the part about the upset husband? Of course anyone can hold onto what right now is a giant paperweight. If the person knew before the purchase it wouldn’t activate, do you think said person would have bought the device?

Remember, the idea, seriously, is to help people. If BB does indeed fix the problem, the person could always go back and repurchase the device.
    Yes, the idea IS to help people. This person wants to hang on to their device, so that the husband ISN'T upset. They certainly can return it for a refund--that's their option. But hanging onto it is most likely to address their concern.

Trying to suggest someone could go back and repurchase the device from secondhand buyers (such as eBay, etc.), which is likely where they bought it from, ignores how those transactions typically work.
    09-19-19 04:42 PM
    It happened back in April of this year as per thread
    Briefly, and for a few people. That was not the implication of the post saying it happened on and off earlier this year.
    09-19-19 04:45 PM
    Hi folks! Thanks for reaching out. We're aware about the situation with PlayBook, and will schedule time for a team to investigate. I don't have an ETA to share and can't promise any particular outcome until the team has had a chance to deep dive into the services. I *can* promise to drop back in with an update when we know more. Thanks for your dedication and passion!
    Any word John? We're working on alternatives here but we loyal, dedicated and passionate Playbook natives are getting a little restless.....
    09-19-19 04:48 PM
    Briefly, and for a few people. That was not the implication of the post saying it happened on and off earlier this year.
    Actually the first activation issues after factory reset was 11/2018 and it took about three days to resolve. Second time was 04/2019, lasted about 4-5 days and thread we’re in now picked up from the first thread.

It appears to be about four weeks and crickets are chirping other than one single noncommittal semi-official response.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-19-19 04:48 PM
    Actually the first activation issues after factory reset was 11/2018 and it took about three days to resolve. Second time was 04/2019 and thread we’re in now picked up from the first thread.
    Which was also briefly, and for a few people, which again was not the implication of the post.
    09-19-19 04:50 PM
222 ... 34567 ...