from italy , same issue... after lost password, i am obliged to reset the device, after i reinstall with "PlayBook_2.1.0.1917_R1315 " i find ovwer internet , but finally error activation 132353 ... i can't try another wifi connection , i can only switch off or retry ... help ????

thansk in advance , Stefano
    As been stated, you cant do anything unless BB fixes the problem on the server end.
    09-08-19 02:55 PM
    but i need to contact rimor the service is active and discover and solve all device need to be reactivate ??? thanks for yr gently reply , Howarmat .
    09-08-19 03:01 PM
    but i need to contact rimor the service is active and discover and solve all device need to be reactivate ??? thanks for yr gently reply , Howarmat .
    The activation server is down / broken / offline. BlackBerry will look into it when they can provide the resources to do so.

Until BlackBerry fixes the server issue, you cannot activate your PlayBook.
    YAHIA1970 likes this.
    09-08-19 06:43 PM
    the activation server is down / broken / offline. Blackberry will look into it when they can provide the resources to do so.

Until blackberry fixes the server issue, you cannot activate your playbook.
    hello everyone

i am new member
    i have the same issu with my bb playbook
    i am waiting for solution

thanks and best regards
    09-09-19 02:15 AM
    @miguelcnc @YAHIA1970 @DOCTOREVIL8 and to all others this is affecting....hang in there. I do NOT work for Blackberry but am looking into possible solutions/workarounds for this. I can't promise anything but will do what I can to help get everyone's Playbooks working.
    kathug likes this.
    09-11-19 09:21 PM
    @miguelcnc @YAHIA1970 @DOCTOREVIL8 and to all others this is affecting....hang in there. I do NOT work for Blackberry but am looking into possible solutions/workarounds for this. I can't promise anything but will do what I can to help get everyone's Playbooks working.
    What exactly can you do apart from what John and the team are currently trying to fix at their end?
    09-11-19 10:43 PM
    What exactly can you do apart from what John and the team are currently trying to fix at their end?
    We'll see won't we?
    kathug likes this.
    09-11-19 11:05 PM
    Hi folks! Thanks for reaching out. We're aware about the situation with PlayBook, and will schedule time for a team to investigate. I don't have an ETA to share and can't promise any particular outcome until the team has had a chance to deep dive into the services. I *can* promise to drop back in with an update when we know more. Thanks for your dedication and passion!
    @JohnAtBlackBerry have an update on an ETA?
    kathug likes this.
    09-12-19 08:39 AM
    I really hope this gets fixed soon. I had to wipe my mother's PlayBook last weekend, assuming that an EOL device wouldn't need to communicate with an activation server in order to get it up and running, but could at least be manually refreshed. She's now very angry that it isn't working, and is asking me daily whether I've "fixed" the PlayBook I "broke".
    09-14-19 12:16 PM
    Hi there people.
    After the USB socket in my PlayBook got broken I started using it less and less over time. The reason is that I had to reset it every now and then (as it worked slower during using period), and in order to do that I had to transfer all the recorded videos to my PC. As the socket got broken, the only way was to download the FTP app onto both the tablet and the PC, and download the videos wirelessly via the home router/modem. In fact it takes a long time and it's tricky, as the process depends on the internet connection, when it gets down, the transfer on every file fails.
    Just today I decided to downlad them eventually, for 10 videos (30 minutes the longest one) tookme literally whole day, 8 hours. Finally I did it and I went to the full reset. Obviously I encountered 132353, which led me here.

After reading the whole thread I find it utterly disgraceful. Regardless the EOL thing, the company CANNOT stop the customers from using the product they actually bought.
    If there is no updated version of the OS, customer HAS TO BE ABLE to use the device that's running on the previous version of software. Otherwise the product is unusable, not because of customer's fault, and should be refunded in full. Customers have their rights.

Obviously like me - I don't have the receipt for it, as I've bought it good few years ago, I moved house couple of times since then (including abroad), things like this don't exist forever, so I believe it would NEVER be refunded. I cannot sell it, as it's useless. I cannot use this, as it's useless. If there won't be any fix I'm wasting my money now and all because of the Company's fault.

Thanks for all the info I got from this thread, and I hope I won't be forced to go any further with the issue.
    09-15-19 12:44 PM
    Hi there people.
    After the USB socket in my PlayBook got broken I started using it less and less over time. The reason is that I had to reset it every now and then (as it worked slower during using period), and in order to do that I had to transfer all the recorded videos to my PC. As the socket got broken, the only way was to download the FTP app onto both the tablet and the PC, and download the videos wirelessly via the home router/modem. In fact it takes a long time and it's tricky, as the process depends on the internet connection, when it gets down, the transfer on every file fails.
    Just today I decided to downlad them eventually, for 10 videos (30 minutes the longest one) tookme literally whole day, 8 hours. Finally I did it and I went to the full reset. Obviously I encountered 132353, which led me here.

After reading the whole thread I find it utterly disgraceful. Regardless the EOL thing, the company CANNOT stop the customers from using the product they actually bought.
    If there is no updated version of the OS, customer HAS TO BE ABLE to use the device that's running on the previous version of software. Otherwise the product is unusable, not because of customer's fault, and should be refunded in full. Customers have their rights.

Obviously like me - I don't have the receipt for it, as I've bought it good few years ago, I moved house couple of times since then (including abroad), things like this don't exist forever, so I believe it would NEVER be refunded. I cannot sell it, as it's useless. I cannot use this, as it's useless. If there won't be any fix I'm wasting my money now and all because of the Company's fault.

Thanks for all the info I got from this thread, and I hope I won't be forced to go any further with the issue.
    Nobody has any rights. It’s EOL 18 months ago. Nice try....
    09-15-19 05:28 PM
    Nobody has any rights. It’s EOL 18 months ago. Nice try....
    No consumer rights whatsoever?!
    Can I have a quote from EOL regarding this, please?
    09-15-19 07:48 PM
    Here is the EOL product and OS list: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ort-life-cycle
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-19 08:19 PM
    What brookie229 says. However, I would like to welcome you to CrackBerry and I ask that you post early and post often.
    09-15-19 08:41 PM
    @JohnAtBlackBerry please help error code 132353
    09-16-19 04:41 AM
    Hi there people.

I have two PlayBooks... both had their USB ports go bad. But both within the warranty period, so BlackBerry replaced them both. Really think that the USB ports might have been a lemon....

USB and WiFi transfers were very slow at first but this helped me https://crackberry.com/workaround-wi...585.1567512061

It was discontinued long ago....
    09-16-19 11:32 AM
    I have two PlayBooks... both had their USB ports go bad. But both within the warranty period, so BlackBerry replaced them both. Really think that the USB ports might have been a lemon....

USB and WiFi transfers were very slow at first but this helped me https://crackberry.com/workaround-wi...585.1567512061

It was discontinued long ago....
    I think I've tried this method, to no avail. What's even more annoying - there is a Bluetooth in the PlayBook, but you cannot connect it via this either. I was wondering what the 'tooth does actually do in PlayBook at all...
    09-17-19 09:21 AM
    'tooth does actually do in PlayBook at all..
    lol.......very little. The module is rudimentary.
    09-17-19 09:30 AM
    Hi folks! Thanks for reaching out. We're aware about the situation with PlayBook, and will schedule time for a team to investigate. I don't have an ETA to share and can't promise any particular outcome until the team has had a chance to deep dive into the services. I *can* promise to drop back in with an update when we know more. Thanks for your dedication and passion!
    Is there any update @JohnAtBlackBerry ?
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-17-19 at 12:03 PM.
    09-17-19 11:21 AM
    I really hope this gets fixed soon. I had to wipe my mother's PlayBook last weekend, assuming that an EOL device wouldn't need to communicate with an activation server in order to get it up and running, but could at least be manually refreshed. She's now very angry that it isn't working, and is asking me daily whether I've "fixed" the PlayBook I "broke".
    Hey kathug,

I completely agree. Doing what I can to see if we can't get Blackberry Limited to move more quickly on this and trying to develop a means of bypassing this requirement in the future. No promises and no success thus far but hang in there (and tell your mom that you've got professionals involved...it might help her know you're not alone!)
    09-17-19 03:52 PM
    Hi there people.

Hey Kredski,

I completely hear you and am working on it. I don't work for Blackberry but am doing what I can to find a way around it. No promises and no success thus far but you're not alone.

As a side note, I think there's a way to map the Playbook as a drive on your home network for file transfer (there is definitely such a way with BB10). Once we get this activation problem resolved I'll test and let you know.
    Kredski and Slyverson22 like this.
    09-17-19 03:53 PM
    Hey Kredski,

I completely hear you and am working on it. I don't work for Blackberry but am doing what I can to find a way around it. No promises and no success thus far but you're not alone.

As a side note, I think there's a way to map the Playbook as a drive on your home network for file transfer (there is definitely such a way with BB10). Once we get this activation problem resolved I'll test and let you know.
    Yes, it's very easy to map a working PlayBook on a PC to transfer files. I do it daily for my commute for educational videos, hi-rez music and documents.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Kredski likes this.
    09-17-19 05:27 PM
    I....but you cannot connect it via this either. I was wondering what the 'tooth does actually do in PlayBook at all...
    Used to use it to connect a bluetooth keyboard (PKB) for serious typing. ( perhaps bluetooth speakers and wireless buds work as well?)
    09-18-19 12:12 AM
    I'm happy to hear that.
    09-18-19 07:46 AM
    Used to use it to connect a bluetooth keyboard (PKB) for serious typing. ( perhaps bluetooth speakers and wireless buds work as well?)
    Can't confirm actually, as my PB is currently out of order...
    09-18-19 09:53 AM
222 ... 23456 ...